Sean Smith worth $10.7 million guaranteed for one year? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sean Smith worth $10.7 million guaranteed for one year?

45 mil to spend. minus 7 mil for rookies. 38 mil to spend on FA. smith would take up 10 mil of that... so 28 mil... lets say 4 mil for hartline, 8 mil for jennings, another 5 mil for a TE. now we're at 11m and still have to sign a Safety, ok, lets sign clemons for 3m. 8m left over, might was well sign starks back for 4.5 mil. 3.5 mil left to roll onto next season.

so even paying smith 10 m (not something I want to do...) leaves us with enough money to sign hartline (4), Jennings (8), A FA TE (5), clemons (3), starks(4.5) and roll 3.5 mil onto next year.

Armando is the king of douches. I still remember when he flat out plagiarized one of our Draft Winds pieces on his blog and then essentially tried to tell us to shut up and go away, even threatened legal action.

I think the bigger story with this blog is that Armando continues to throw Ben Volin under the bus for his early January article saying that tagging Smith was an option. This isn't the first time Armando has attacked Ben for this and he continues to do it. The following line I find very unprofessional by Armando:

I am glad Ben finally confronted Armando on Twitter about the constant attacks.

Ben >>> Mando

Nope, if we sign any FA CB, I hope it's Keenan Lewis.
Agree 1,000%. Not sure why there isn't more FH talk about Lewis. He's easily my favorite guy in free agency.

People here in Pittsburgh are starting to realize how tough their cap situation is: lots of sportstalk either/or's regarding Keenan Lewis with Ike Taylor, Brett Keisel, James Harrison, etc; they'll be faced with cutting key guys to keep Lewis. And the Steelers do have three starting-caliber corners in Taylor, Lewis, and young Cortez Allen whose still under rookie contract, so even if they let Lewis walk they still have guys who can play. That said, people here want Lewis to be the priority, it's just going to be very difficult - cutting Ike Taylor is the popular notion. Keenan played his hand right be not re-structuring last off-season (there was talk of a deal, but he wanted to test the market), playing a lights-out 2012, and is now due to get paid big-time.

I hope we go after him hard.

Agree 1,000%. Not sure why there isn't more FH talk about Lewis. He's easily my favorite guy in free agency.

People here in Pittsburgh are starting to realize how tough their cap situation is: lots of sportstalk either/or's regarding Keenan Lewis with Ike Taylor, Brett Keisel, James Harrison, etc; they'll be faced with cutting key guys to keep Lewis. And the Steelers do have three starting-caliber corners in Taylor, Lewis, and young Cortez Allen whose still under rookie contract, so even if they let Lewis walk they still have guys who can play. That said, people here want Lewis to be the priority, it's just going to be very difficult - cutting Ike Taylor is the popular notion. Keenan played his hand right be not re-structuring last off-season (there was talk of a deal, but he wanted to test the market), playing a lights-out 2012, and is now due to get paid big-time.

I hope we go after him hard.
I don't even know about the guy. after a quick google this came up...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...b-keenan-lewis-belongs-in-hawaii-this-weekend

Back
Top Bottom