Sean Smith worth $10.7 million guaranteed for one year? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sean Smith worth $10.7 million guaranteed for one year?

​To me it always comes down to, "is there someone better we can get to replace him?"
complicated answer. Yes there is. and no we don't know if thier money demands match with how the team views thier worth, nor can I account for thier families desires, etc.

The more I think outside the bos the more I would rather the Fins sign Antoine Cason than any of the available FA CB's. I really haven't heard the buzz around his name like the rest of the FA CB's. I know he had a rough start to the beginning of the season but came along strong at the end. He isn't a real flashy CB but he rarely gives up the big play and is a very smart player with immense physical talent that he hasn't gotten the most out of yet. The new GM and coach have let Cason know they would like him to return but rumors are that the Chargers aren't going to be able to afford him, as he is looking for at least $5 mill/year, and they only have around $5 mil in cap space and still have to resign their draft class, Danario Alexander and others.

I know alot of people will look at Cason's rating on PFF, where he is second to last fo FA CB, but after reading about the Bolts a little bit on a few forums, many people think that it was due to two things. One being when Ron Rivera took Wilks the secondary coach with him to Carolina and second the pass rush being almost not existant. I think Cason could flourish in Coyle's D, with his proven record of getting the most out of his CB's, and would definitely be a cheaper option (more bang for the buck) than Smith or other FA CB's.

Anybody else got an opinion on Cason, and why?

complicated answer. Yes there is. and no we don't know if thier money demands match with how the team views thier worth, nor can I account for thier families desires, etc.

Exactly, which is why we should be careful when letting veterans go.

The more I think outside the bos the more I would rather the Fins sign Antoine Cason than any of the available FA CB's. I really haven't heard the buzz around his name like the rest of the FA CB's. I know he had a rough start to the beginning of the season but came along strong at the end. He isn't a real flashy CB but he rarely gives up the big play and is a very smart player with immense physical talent that he hasn't gotten the most out of yet. The new GM and coach have let Cason know they would like him to return but rumors are that the Chargers aren't going to be able to afford him, as he is looking for at least $5 mill/year, and they only have around $5 mil in cap space and still have to resign their draft class, Danario Alexander and others.

I know alot of people will look at Cason's rating on PFF, where he is second to last fo FA CB, but after reading about the Bolts a little bit on a few forums, many people think that it was due to two things. One being when Ron Rivera took Wilks the secondary coach with him to Carolina and second the pass rush being almost not existant. I think Cason could flourish in Coyle's D, with his proven record of getting the most out of his CB's, and would definitely be a cheaper option (more bang for the buck) than Smith or other FA CB's.

Anybody else got an opinion on Cason, and why?

I seem to remember him when he was younger seeming like he might be the eventual replacement for Jammer, and that he was somewhat talented. I wouldn't be opposed I don't think. Lewis, I'm intrigued by, but I don't know much about him

Tagging Smith would not be ideal, but if we do, I think they do it with hopes of working out a long term deal to lower his cap hit.

Why give smith 10.7 when we could get cromRte from eagles who is only 26 and more upside plus proby cheaper thoughts anybody

Hahahahahahahahahaha!, that'd be my reaction to Smith's face if I was Ireland.

Hahahahahahahahahaha!, that'd be my reaction to Smith's face if I was Ireland.

You do realize Sean Smith isn't asking for the 1 year deal at 10.7 million but that is the contract Jeff Ireland would give him if he made him his franchise player. Not understanding why Jeff Ireland would be laughing in Sean Smith's face when he is the one that will have proposed the deal to him. :idk:

Back
Top Bottom