Sean Smith | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sean Smith

Clipse

mediocrity sucks
Reaction score
Interesting concept putting him on Shiancoe. Last play of the game for the Vikes, he covered Shiancoe as good as humanly possible and it obviously resulted in an incompletion. It's something I'd like to see a little more of. Thoughts?

Sean also made a play just before the first stopped 4th down to deny Minny the first. I was glad to see him playing and back in the flow.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Sean's not going to be getting his starting job back anytime in the foreseeable future. So, why not put him in favorable matchups where he can have some success and rebuild his confidence.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Sean's not going to be getting his starting job back anytime in the foreseeable future. So, why not put him in favorable matchups where he can have some success and rebuild his confidence.

Jason Allen played too good today to warrant it any time in the foreseeable future.

If Vontae Davis were somehow sitting the bench behind Jason Allen, it would be the same. Allen is playing too good to get anyone else on the field in his place.

Using Sean Smith as somewhat of a TE shadow would be ideal if you ask me. His physical skill set was made for that job.

How about that former first round bust, Jason Allen?

All I can say is, I never saw these kind of performances coming. The beginning of Training Camp he was a Special Teams ace. After two weeks of regular season play, he looks like the 16th overall pick of the 2006 NFL Draft.

yea I like it a lot. He is probably one of the few players with both size and speed to cover those tight ends. I mean if Jason Allen and Vontae keep playing lights out he is gonna have trouble finding playing time as a boundary corner. That fourth down coverage on Shiancoe was very impressive. I hope we see him on Keller quite a bit next week. It just is such an ideal job for him.

All I can say is, I never saw these kind of performances coming. The beginning of Training Camp he was a Special Teams ace. After two weeks of regular season play, he looks like the 16th overall pick of the 2006 NFL Draft.

Jason Allen was Awesome!!!!!

Jason Allen played too good today to warrant it any time in the foreseeable future.

If Vontae Davis were somehow sitting the bench behind Jason Allen, it would be the same. Allen is playing too good to get anyone else on the field in his place.

True that. I created this thread to discuss putting Sean Smith on the TE more often. What do you think about that matchup? He has the size to matchup with TE's. I'm not sure how often he was on Shiancoe, but the few times I noticed it, I came away impressed. I'm thinking this could be a matchup we try to use more often, especially now that it seems Sean Smith's tackling has improved dramatically from last year. Having a great pass catching tight end has become sort of a necessity and being able to cover the tight end has become almost as important as being able to cover the opponent's #1 WR.

he has the size to cover te's and technique, he has more trouble with fast receivers that cut quick, maybe sparano is on to something here. That last play of the game earned smith some much needed recognition.

Back
Top Bottom