Sean Smith | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sean Smith

Risky. Could work, could be something that just isn't his thing. Hard to say.

I think it's something that could work well against some of these more athletic Tight Ends that we play this year like Keller, Finley, Hernandez, Gresham, Dickson, etc. Either way we won't know unless we continue to try it, and it worked well today against a very athletic, and very underrated TE in Shiancoe. If you ever get time, wouldn't mind seeing one of your videos on this.

he has the size to cover te's and technique, he has more trouble with fast receivers that cut quick, maybe sparano is on to something here. That last play of the game earned smith some much needed recognition.

Exactly. His athletic ability matches up with that of a lot TE's in todays NFL. He struggles mightily against quick WR's.

Sean Smith will be a fulltime safety this time next year.

I used to think he would be a safety in the NFL before I found out he's not a very good tackler. With his tackling becoming much improved, Jason Allen starting to live up to his draft position, and Smith being completely useless as a nickel back, who knows.

make sean the third roving middle safety for NE. I just saw NE today and they dont run the ball hardly at all! just go six DB's vs. those guys.

If they do start using him to cover te and he does well, it could be very big for us against the pats, because if you seen todays game they have some good athletic ones.

I saw a couple of plays where Sean was making his presence felt. That's good to see. Obviously Allen deserves to keep that job, but I can't remember a time when we've made it through the season with just two corners starting, so Sean will be needed at some point. Let's hope for more good stuff so he'll be ready the next time we need him to step up.

i think smith covering the opposing teams pass catchting tight end is ideal only problem would be on running plays
where he could get knocked of the ball and they run at him..

I saw Sean giving to much space between himself and the opposing receiver.

I agree. I saw alot of shots in the middle of the field where Sean Smith didn't have good coverage. Has me concerned. Trying to figure out what has happened to him.

His size and skill set can be used somewhere on the field at sometime, the coaches are probably looking for match ups that sean can take advantage on..

Interesting concept putting him on Shiancoe. Last play of the game for the Vikes, he covered Shiancoe as good as humanly possible and it obviously resulted in an incompletion. It's something I'd like to see a little more of. Thoughts?

Agreed, he does better against the less shifty players.

Safety's have to be able to tackle big running backs, and while SS has improved his overall toughness I'm not sure he's ready to 'tackle' that position. I like the idea of him covering receiving TE's though, that might be just what we've been looking for.

I agree. I saw alot of shots in the middle of the field where Sean Smith didn't have good coverage. Has me concerned. Trying to figure out what has happened to him.

Can't say that I seen this at all. Sean Smith was very good today. As they say, you can never have too many good CB's.

Back
Top Bottom