Seats full again......Ross has done an excellent job | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Seats full again......Ross has done an excellent job

No embarrassing sea of empty orange seats and an enthusiastic "12 man" who's actually rooting us on; that's a breath of fresh air, especially remarkable considering our losing record. Ross is doing fine and making WH look like a slug by comparison.

Ross must have been pumped last night. I wonder what ochocinco thought of the game

Ocho probally thought , man i didnt try hard enough to get traded and he probally thought , hey, " i would look cool in that shade of orange"

or he thought this

"plus seeing as I once sent Joey Porter a case of pepto bismal maybe i can motovate him again."

:rimshot:

I thought it was great. I loved the mini wall. He's doing everything he can to market the team, and, it looks good so far.

hopefully Miami does draw in a bunch of attention, continues to win, and becomes a premier team like the cowboys, steelers, etc. and hopefully this translates to the other Miami teams, the Heat, the Marlins, the Hurricanes,

Goon, what Mini Wall?

During one of the highlights, there appeared to be a mini wall that stretched the seats out right to the back of the end zone. I'll have to watch again to be sure, but I raised my eyebrows thinking.."Wow...I don't remember the seasts being that close."

Bit of a circus atmosphere to me but hey whatever works and get fans out to support the team. Miami has had a fickle fan base for quite some time so maybe some fans need adittional entertainment more than the game itself.

During one of the highlights, there appeared to be a mini wall that stretched the seats out right to the back of the end zone. I'll have to watch again to be sure, but I raised my eyebrows thinking.."Wow...I don't remember the seasts being that close."
Hmm i didnt catch that.
Interesting addition if true.
chubbs

At first when Ross took over I was like "ok" he's trying to do what he thinks is right on the business side. Never going to work.

At first I thought it was kind of stupid that he brought in Gloria E, Mark Anthony & J-low, the Williams sisters, Jimmy Buffet. I'm Not really of fan of any of them.

But now after watching the Monday Night game with all the stars at the game It works.

Seats were full crowd was into it.

Parcells and crew did their end of the deal bringing the players and the winning attitude while Ross is bringing the Limelight back to Miami.

The excitement was in the stadium even after a 0-3 startReally fun to watch again....It's been a while since Miami had a game like that.

So you are saying if he didn't have those B list celebs the stands wouldn't have been full for a Monday Night game against a div ruval? weren't there blackout rumors heading into the Indy game?

Goon, what Mini Wall?

Right behind the Dolphins bench they have the Ford Sidline Club. For $200.00 bucks you can watch the game from the field. As a club level member i was invited to the field for free this weekend. Pretty cool.

Attachments

• IMG00006-20091012-2005.jpg
    IMG00006-20091012-2005.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG00003-20091012-2004.jpg
    IMG00003-20091012-2004.jpg
    266.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG00004-20091012-2004.jpg
    IMG00004-20091012-2004.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 14
Ummm its a Monday Night Game, we never had any issues filling seats for a monday night game. Its the day games that we have issues filling the stadium when the Fins arent playing well. Our last Sunday game against the bills was not tecnically full, i saw alot of empty seats. Again Miami is very "Your playing well and we show up" kinda town. THe fins have the luxury of being the sports darling of the town so we atleast never have less then 75% full no matter what our record. Cant say the same for the other sports teams.

Either way I have no issues with what Ross is trying to do.
Chubbs

we've had 3 home games this year. 2 were on Monday night, the other was against the Bills. I hate to use it as an excuse, but the Bills don't have a a good following and struggle to sell out their own stadium. When we played in Canada last year, you would've thought the Fins were the home team. Besides, it wasn't too bad. There were some empty seats but it looked like a fairly good crowd for a matchup between a winless and 1-win team.

The stadium does look a helluva lot nicer either way. Winning will get fans to show up (and Miami Dolphin fans do travel well to road games), but a big part of it is enjoying the experience. Arizona was good last year and this year, before they stunk. BUT when they got their new stadium (even while being a mediocre team) they started selling out because it was a great experience at the game. Before Ross, the stadium was bland and boring. Now they are doing things to gain interest.

....but I thought this was supposed to be a distraction or a circus or some other ridiculous ****... I never understood the apprehension to the minority owners..

People have still complained about the stadium's looks on the outside and about the fact that the team celebrated Hispanic culture so not everyone is on board.

I always chalk it up to people being people. They will agree, disagree and talk smack. It is always what it is.

Ross certainly know his stuff....the guy knows which buisness buttons to push...

Keep it up Ross

Game against the Saints should be too. They're honoring the 1982 and 1984 AFC Championship teams during halftime, that should keep the crowd exciting and pumped through the game

Right behind the Dolphins bench they have the Ford Sidline Club. For $200.00 bucks you can watch the game from the field. As a club level member i was invited to the field for free this weekend. Pretty cool.

Cool to be down close to the field but it looks like its hard to see the game. Id rather be closer to the 50 and up about 20-30 rows.

Back
Top Bottom