Senior Bowl | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Senior Bowl

If parcells is comfortable with a frail QB , he won't draft Brennan when he has john beck on the roster...if we draft a QB, it will be a big pocket passer ( who comes to my mind is Henne, FLacco, David Booty, Ryan, Brohm) ... my humble opinion

Phil Simms wasnt that big. BTW, Beck is 6'2" and 215. Not exactly "scrawny". Nothing suggests that Beck is frail. Only your biased and delusional thinking.

Boomer...
with the highlights they showed yesterday it had Conner as lacking sideline to sideline speed in coverage, but had Rivers as a more athletic LB with greater potential. however i agree with you as Conner being the more complete LB, but speed would be a great asset in the NFl

So far these guys have intrigued me:

Carl Nicks, Thomas DeCoud, Charles Godfrey, Kellen Davis, Tracy Porter and Trevor Laws.

Really? Our secondary was the worst I have ever seen this year. Ever. Yes we got hit by injuries, but who doesn't?

Our secondary was horrible/thus everyone in our secondary horrible. Just because our secondary was bad, doens't mean Allen was bad. The Allen's were by far our best players back there (secondary).

There were a few things that really hurt our secondary...

1. Lack of pressure on the QB. Even when we blitzed, we couldn't get to the QB. If you can't get to the QB when you're blitzing, you really are in trouble, as that means there is atleast one person uncovered. The more time you give a play to end, the more likely it is the offense will make a play. The WR will always have the advantage in this situation.

2. Will Allen was our only starting caliber CB. Lehan and Goodman are good depth, but far from starting caliber.

3. In Worrell's first several games starting, he was the worst safety I have ever seen. He made Tillman look good. Losing Bell was our 3rd biggest loss on the team.

I don't consider Hill a loss, because Jason Allen performed much better.

Also, Cromartie was clearly a better prospect then Allen.

He was a better prospect than most of the 18 players taken ahead of him.

Who would you rather have? If you say Allen, you are a blazing homer. This was the worst Fin secondary that I have ever seen.

Where did I state that Jason Allen was a better prospect?

Dan Marino was better than John Elway and Jim Kelly. Elway and Kelly were both selected ahead of Marino, did that make Elway and Kelly bad selections?

How is Allen going to be a Pro Bowler for years to come? It kind of helps to make the Pro Bowl once before saying something like that.

Jason Allen has the talent to be a Pro Bowler for a very long time.....

Allen has everything you look for in a safety. He's better in coverage than most safeties, he's got good size, he can tackle, and few safeties can match his atheleticism. How many safeties can you name that can run stride for stride with Randy Moss, and out jump him for the ball the end zone?

He is a solid safety, but not a team changer like Cromartie

We gave up fewer points in 6 quarters with Jason Allen, than the 2 quarters without him against the Patriots. 35 points in 6 quarters with Jason Allen, 42 points in 2 quarters without him starting the quarter.

We gave up 224 points in 27 quarters (8.3 points per quarter) without Jason Allen. We gave up 213 points in 39 quarters (5.6 points per quarter) with Jason Allen. A lot of the improvement came with Vonnie Holiday coming back from injury, and Worrell improving. But you have to give Jason Allen some props too...

He hardly disappeared in the Florida game. His role isn't to make every play on every down. His ability allows others to get man on man or better and to make plays. He's a dominating DT, with the skill set of a Kevin Williams and the quickness of a Tommie Harris.

And as for the 3-4, he's 6-2 and 316, he could easily play NT and he could play end at both spots in the 3-4, as well as the 3 technique in a 4-3. He'll get moved all around the formation. To write him off as simply a 3-4 player is false.

Absolutely Boom, What DT has ever been in on every play on every down?

The Beauty of Dorsey is the kid is naturally powerful, extremely athletic for a 300+ pounder, and is loaded with character....something Parcells/Ireland are very high on.

I would not be disapointed with Dorsey or Long, I have doubts about Jake Long as an NFL left tackle, I don't see enough knee bend.

If we are going to start a rookie this year, Brohm would be the answer. If we are going to allow the rookie to develop and learn the NFL before sticking them in, Woodson is the answer. Woodson holds the ball too long sometimes and takes the sack rather than risking an INT, behind our O line that could be bad news.
Speaking of UK, Tamme or Woodyard wouldn't be a late(r) pick IMO.

Anyone going to the Senior Bowl? me and my buddies are heading down on Thursday.

No on Tamme (too small for a Parcells TE); YES on Woodyard, but he has to move outside as again he's too small. I want Burton (assuming no WR in FA) in about the 4th though.

Woodyard is a safety. That is the position he played in high school. He was convert to OLB in college.

He is projected to play SS in the pros. He runs a 4.41 40.

Dorsey would be wasted at NT and he is too short to play end

paying #1 money for a guy who isn't a fit for the 3-4 is insanity

Based on what a Defensive tackles job is I just dont see how you would justify paying a Nose Tackle 60 million dollars to take on blockers to allow others to shine. Just look at the starting Nose Tackles in the league and only one was a top 10 pick and hes not a true NT. The jets are in search of a nose themselves. Id much Rather take Chris Long who can play with his hand up then a trench player that every clueless fan on this board will be complaining that hes not getting sacks or tackles.

Heres the starting 3-4 nose tackles from around the league.

Aubrayo Franklin 6'1 334 4th round 8th pick
Jamal Williams 6'3 348 Supplemental pick round 2
Casey Hampton 6'1 325 Round 1 Pick 19
Dwayne Robertson 6'1 317 Round 1 Pick 4
Vince Wilfork 6'2 325 Round 1 Pick 21
Jeremiah Ratliff 6'4 298 Round 7 Pick 10
Ethan Kelley 6'2 338 Round 7 Pick 29

So far these guys have intrigued me:

Carl Nicks, Thomas DeCoud, Charles Godfrey, Kellen Davis, Tracy Porter and Trevor Laws.
i am pretty high on Kellen Davis i think we need to take him with the 3rd round draft pick

When is the senior Bowl game? Who are the more interesting prospects to watch in this game?

When is the senior Bowl game? Who are the more interesting prospects to watch in this game?
I think it is on saturday and i think Kellen Davis TE, Fred Davis TE, Sam Baker the dolphins were going to talk to him today i dont know if they did though QB Colt Brennan, QB Andre' Woodson, QB Joe Flacco, QB John Booty, LB Beau Bell, LB Ali Highsmith, LB Xavier Adibi, CB Rodgers Cromartie, there are alot of them IMO that i want to Watch

Yep - he worked out al LB. Looked pretty good. Some issues dropping into coverage, but nothing that's unsolveable.

I'd say R2/3 for Bruce.

I would love to see Bruce as a Dolphins' 2nd or 3rd round pick. With his pass rush skills, he'd be perfect backing up Joey Porter while he continues his adjustment to LB.

Back
Top Bottom