Senior Bowl | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Senior Bowl

IMO, he's just as good.

ditto on that. he doesnt disappear in games either. id rather wait and pick up a DT later, not spend a huge amount of money on a maybe. trade down please. the longs are the only 2 i would want with this pick if not.

ditto on that. he doesnt disappear in games either. id rather wait and pick up a DT later, not spend a huge amount of money on a maybe. trade down please. the longs are the only 2 i would want with this pick if not.

When does Dorsey disappear in games? Give me a bit of a game by game breakdown of him disappearing.

When does Dorsey disappear in games? Give me a bit of a game by game breakdown of him disappearing.

UF game for one. there were more - but i am at work so cant break it down. i think he is a very good player, dont get me wrong. but mid to late first round good - not #1 overall. especially in a 3-4.

UF game for one. there were more - but i am at work so cant break it down. i think he is a very good player, dont get me wrong. but mid to late first round good - not #1 overall. especially in a 3-4.

He hardly disappeared in the Florida game. His role isn't to make every play on every down. His ability allows others to get man on man or better and to make plays. He's a dominating DT, with the skill set of a Kevin Williams and the quickness of a Tommie Harris.

And as for the 3-4, he's 6-2 and 316, he could easily play NT and he could play end at both spots in the 3-4, as well as the 3 technique in a 4-3. He'll get moved all around the formation. To write him off as simply a 3-4 player is false.

He hardly disappeared in the Florida game. His role isn't to make every play on every down. His ability allows others to get man on man or better and to make plays. He's a dominating DT, with the skill set of a Kevin Williams and the quickness of a Tommie Harris.

And as for the 3-4, he's 6-2 and 316, he could easily play NT and he could play end at both spots in the 3-4, as well as the 3 technique in a 4-3. He'll get moved all around the formation. To write him off as simply a 3-4 player is false.

Who do you like better for our defense, Glenn Dorsey or Chris Long?

I'd take Chris Long. That guy combined with Taylor would be incredible. The fins can get a DT in FA that would eat space. There is no way on God's green earth I would take Brennan, and I would be AMAZED if Parcells did either. I would not be shocked to see Miami draft Henne in the 3rd round if they could still get him. Woodson is not as good as some of you guys think. I don't think he will translate to the NFL after watching him against FSU. FSU put mild pressure on him and he really did not have a great game at all. This was against FSU's reserve Dline and DBs.

Another 2nd round steal that probably will not be there is the DB from Kansas...that guy is most likely a 1st rounder, but a must draft if available in the 2nd. I just see so much more talent at other positions besides QB this year. Everyone always gets all excited for the name college QBs, but the odds of them being good in the NFL are extremely low.

Do not forget, we could have Cromartie. Search my old posts for my predictions on him before that draft. Saban RUINED our backfield with his loyalty to the SEC and poor assesment of NFL talent. Would you rather draft a Cromartie in the first, who changed the Chargers defense, or another "name" QB who will fail in Miami?

I'd take Chris Long. That guy combined with Taylor would be incredible. The fins can get a DT in FA that would eat space. There is no way on God's green earth I would take Brennan, and I would be AMAZED if Parcells did either. I would not be shocked to see Miami draft Henne in the 3rd round if they could still get him. Woodson is not as good as some of you guys think. I don't think he will translate to the NFL after watching him against FSU. FSU put mild pressure on him and he really did not have a great game at all. This was against FSU's reserve Dline and DBs.

Another 2nd round steal that probably will not be there is the DB from Kansas...that guy is most likely a 1st rounder, but a must draft if available in the 2nd. I just see so much more talent at other positions besides QB this year. Everyone always gets all excited for the name college QBs, but the odds of them being good in the NFL are extremely low.

Do not forget, we could have Cromartie. Search my old posts for my predictions on him before that draft. Saban RUINED our backfield with his loyalty to the SEC and poor assesment of NFL talent. Would you rather draft a Cromartie in the first, who changed the Chargers defense, or another "name" QB who will fail in Miami?

There were a lot of people, myself included, that wanted Cromartie. But to say that Saban "ruined" our secondary because he chose Jason Allen is just flat out wrong. Jason Allen has the talent to be a Pro Bowler for a very long time.....

Hey Boomer
Any info on UCLA DE Bruce Davis?? Hows he doing at Senior Bowl practice??
Where do you see him drafted?? You see him ending up as a OLB??

Thanks in Advance

Hey Boomer
Any info on UCLA DE Bruce Davis?? Hows he doing at Senior Bowl practice??
Where do you see him drafted?? You see him ending up as a OLB??

Thanks in Advance

Yep - he worked out al LB. Looked pretty good. Some issues dropping into coverage, but nothing that's unsolveable.

I'd say R2/3 for Bruce.

At LB if we have a chance to take Rivers or Conner who would be the better fit or player for us?

There were a lot of people, myself included, that wanted Cromartie. But to say that Saban "ruined" our secondary because he chose Jason Allen is just flat out wrong. Jason Allen has the talent to be a Pro Bowler for a very long time.....

Really? Our secondary was the worst I have ever seen this year. Ever. Yes we got hit by injuries, but who doesn't? Also, Cromartie was clearly a better prospect then Allen. Who would you rather have? If you say Allen, you are a blazing homer. This was the worst Fin secondary that I have ever seen.

How is Allen going to be a Pro Bowler for years to come? It kind of helps to make the Pro Bowl once before saying something like that.

He is a solid safety, but not a team changer like Cromartie. My point is that everyone is lustiing after QBs when the team changers usually are on the unsexy positions in the early rounds.

Back
Top Bottom