SHAQ TO MIAMI: IT's OFFICIAL! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SHAQ TO MIAMI: IT's OFFICIAL!

Deez Nutz said:
I (and probably every other Heat fan on the planet) am hoping that the Butler, Jones, Grant version of the possible trade is done. Immagine Wade, Odom, and O'Neal for the next 3-5 years. And after that, immagine the possibility of Wade, Wright, Odom. The Heat would dominate the NBA for years.

My hope is that for some reason Shaq wants to play with Odom and forces LA to go with the Butler, Grant, Jones, etc. offer. BTW I have no logical reason to believe this is likely.

*BIG UDATE IN THE AM's*

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1836585

Sources told ESPN's Jim Gray on Friday night that if the Heat agree to trade Brian Grant, Lamar Odom and either Caron Butler or a No. 1 draft pick, then the Lakers will trade them Shaquille O'Neal. The deal s in Miami's hands now, the sources said.

I saw it on Sports Center, it was a 2am update.

I doubt Caron is in the deal, because Riles isn't moving him AND Caron. $2m is the distance, and Caron makes $1.9m. The deal salary wise has to be within the 15% mark. Malik Allen & Wang together = Caron's salary, so they would be the likely fillers if we choose to trade the pick.

I stand by what I said earlier:
Caron & Odom = no deal
Odom = done deal

CO, you still up? :lol: Ah me too. This is very interesting. I like Malik Allen a lot, but to trade him for Shaq? I'd do it. The bad thing is, I would HATE to break up the trio, and to send Odom to LA would kill me as I hate the Lakers. :(

Well, I guess to look at it this way, we win either way....I would hope the Heat FO are smart enough to trade the 1st and not Caron, If that scenario holds true. Watch tommorow's afternoon ESPN say "Shaq traded to Heat for..." and the whole show about that. That is a positive I see. Miami does not get much coverage, but with a HUGE name like Shaq, we'd be the talk of Sports Center all the F'in time! :up:

ChambersOwnz84 said:
Wright will be a shooting guard who will also play some point, and occasionally step over to the 3. Dorell is going to play this year, believe me. He won't play that much, but maybe 15mpg. He MUST bulk up, but the kid is determined.

I can really picture Wade & Dorell in the backcourt in a year or two.

In 2-years when Shaq(who will be 34) comes off the books, we get $29m to spend, which means we can sign ANY free agent out there. I think either(or both) Carmelo and LeBron are free agents that year(didn't they sign 3-year deals, so they can get big contracts sooner than later?). We can sign TWO of the top free agents that year, AND EJ's $13m comes off the books the next year.

Can you imagine going into free agency one year with $29m, getting 2 studs, and then having about $15m to burn the next year? Somewhere in there we'll have to pay Wade & Caron though.
:confused:

I thought we were going to sign a veteran point guard...and if he's projected to start at the 2, what happens to Wade? Or are we just sticking him at the 3?

TerryTate said:
I say the Heat waits on this until Los Angeles really gets nervous that they lose Kobe and trades Shaq for the original Deal of Odom, Grant and a 1st....
Odom, Grant, and a 1st? I heard that scenario too. I'll take it in a second. If it's true, they're paying us to take out our trash. :)

Dolfan954 said:

I thought we were going to sign a veteran point guard...and if he's projected to start at the 2, what happens to Wade? Or are we just sticking him at the 3?

Riley has consistently said that he sees Wade as a 1. Talk of signing a point was as a backup to Wade.

If what ESPN is reporting is true, which is that the Lakers like the Heat's offer of Odom, Grant and a 1st with a filler and LA is just waiting on the Heat to say yes....

I will be very disapointed if this trade does not happen because of the Heat, especially if Caron Butler is not involved in the deal.

Why don't we trade Pat Reily as well? I'd hate to lose him, but maybe the Lakers are trying to get him involved with this deal?

Oliver...

Dolfan954 said:

Dorell won't start for atleast another year, and when he does Eddie Jones exits the line-up. Wright and Wade will most likely be in the backcourt in a few years. Wright can play the 1-3, and Wade can play the 1 & 2.

Migs182005 said:
If what ESPN is reporting is true, which is that the Lakers like the Heat's offer of Odom, Grant and a 1st with a filler and LA is just waiting on the Heat to say yes....

I will be very disapointed if this trade does not happen because of the Heat, especially if Caron Butler is not involved in the deal.

That's the exact way I feel.

I mean, our line-up BEFORE using the MLE is nice:
1-Wade
2-Jones
3-Caron
4-Haslem
5-Shaq

If Samaki Walker can play next to Shaq(In LA he did), then so the hell can Haslem. Besides, we'll probably wind up gambling on McDysse and/or Keon Clark.

Split the MLE between McDysse and Clark..then sign Shammond Williams with the LLE to back up D-Wade.

SHAQ Approves trade to Miami

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1837581

A source told ESPN's David Aldridge Saturday that the Lakers center has agreed to accept a proposed trade that would send him to the Miami Heat in exchange for guard Caron Butler and forwards Lamar Odom and Brian Grant.

The trade has not been finalized, but O'Neal has informed both the Lakers and Heat that he will not do anything to hinder the swap and would not opt out of his contract after next season.

All I have to say is, Riley...you F'ed up big time if Caron is moved with Odom. We BETTER have a DONE DEAL with either Stephen Jackson or Darius Miles if this trade goes down. Otherwise, we're F'ed.

Now Aldridge is saying Shaq has ok'd a deal (which is awesome)

Problem is the report says Grant Odom and Butler

:cry: That I don't like one bit

Shaq "Gave his blessings" today in Orlando to PAt Riley and Randy Pfund to approve this trade......

Looks like he is MIAMI-BOUND!

But the reporter said that it still could be that 1st round pick instead of Caron, im keeping my fingers crossed for that....

I agree. Odom AND Caron with just Shaq coming back is too much. You've just gutted your team. And you've also given up the only other viable inside presence you have (Grant).

I hope to God this isn't the deal. :pray:

Back
Top Bottom