Sharpe and Mayock: Dolphins should draft QB Jake Locker | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sharpe and Mayock: Dolphins should draft QB Jake Locker

i remember mayock saying we needed a qb...i don't remember mayock saying we should take locker at #15 however...

Yea I watched most of it and I never remember him saying we should draft Locker, and one question everyone always says this guy lacks accuracy? well how do you develop accuracy? it seems like arm strength, you either have it or you don't. I dont want someone who has never had above a 60 percent completion rate in a conference thats not even that good!

when Rich Eisen asked Sterling Sharpe and Mike Mayock whether or not Miami had a need at quarterback both said yes. Sharpe said that a better quarterback would open up the running game and Mayock again said that Henne is a mediocre quarterback that is best served as a backup. Mayock said we should draft Jake Locker at 15 and everyone on the set agreed.

:lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2:

If I've said it once I've said it a thousand times.... don't write Jake Locker off as a successful quarterback in the NFL.

I think he'll have a better NFL career than Cam Newton, but #15 is reaching a little bit for Locker. The thing is, he has everything that this front office covets in a quarterback prospect. Since when do they care about accuracy in a quarterback anyway...

He has the experience, intangibles, high character and enthusiastic work ethic they'll find intriguing... and suddenly they want quarterback with "mobility"... well...

I've seen your postings...and this is the post I've agreed with the most. The bolded part is why I'd take him six ways to Sunday over Mallett. Mallett just gives off every kind of warning I can imagine.

Locker was working with absolutely NOTHING at Washington. If there's a guy I'd like to gamble on as a QB in the first, it would be Gabbert...but he won't drop to 15. Locker is my second choice.

I'd love to get Kaepernick, but I suspect he won't last until the third for us.

when Rich Eisen asked Sterling Sharpe and Mike Mayock whether or not Miami had a need at quarterback both said yes. Sharpe said that a better quarterback would open up the running game and Mayock again said that Henne is a mediocre quarterback that is best served as a backup. Mayock said we should draft Jake Locker at 15 and everyone on the set agreed.

I respect Mayock's opinion more so than guys like McShay and Kiper but how he has Locker ranked 2nd among QB's is beyond me. How they figure Locker's passing ability is going to open up the running game is beyond common sense. If anything we'd be facing non stop 8 man fronts because the only asset Locker has that I can see is running ability. If we take Locker at 15, we'll be longing for the "pin-point" accuracy of Henne. I don't want Locker anywhere in the draft, let alone 15th. There must be something I dont see that others do, because to me accuracy is the most important thing a QB can have, and Locker is one of the least accurate QB's I've ever seen who was considered a top talent.

I respect Mayock's opinion more so than guys like McShay and Kiper but how he has Locker ranked 2nd among QB's is beyond me. How they figure Locker's passing ability is going to open up the running game is beyond common sense. If anything we'd be facing non stop 8 man fronts because the only asset Locker has that I can see is running ability. If we take Locker at 15, we'll be longing for the "pin-point" accuracy of Henne. I don't want Locker anywhere in the draft, let alone 15th. There must be something I dont see that others do, because to me accuracy is the most important thing a QB can have, and Locker is one of the least accurate QB's I've ever seen who was considered a top talent.

I agree - Locker's (and Newton's for that matter) lack of accuracy is very concerning. Accuracy is the key to success (see Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, Dan Marino, Joe Montana). I've got Gabbert and Mallett ahead of Locker and Newton. I even think Ponder could be a better prospect than Locker/Newton.

We should take Mallett if available at 15. If he's gone - tough call - maybe trade down for Ponder, or just draft Mark Ingram and all OL and be a run-first team, hope somehow Henne can improve.

I agree - Locker's (and Newton's for that matter) lack of accuracy is very concerning. Accuracy is the key to success (see Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, Dan Marino, Joe Montana). I've got Gabbert and Mallett ahead of Locker and Newton. I even think Ponder could be a better prospect than Locker/Newton.

We should take Mallett if available at 15. If he's gone - tough call - maybe trade down for Ponder, or just draft Mark Ingram and all OL and be a run-first team, hope somehow Henne can improve.

I'd be extremely disappointed with Ingram as well. I'd be OK with taking him 20-32 in the 1st round, assuming we trade back but even then Id be disappointed. If we take Ingram at 15 I'll be beyond pissed. Ingram is a fine player dont get me wrong but RB is just one of those positions where it doesnt make sense to take high in the draft unless they're an elite talent. I dont see a top 5 RB when I watch Ingram. I see a RB who will need a good blocking offensive line in order to be productive, like most running backs do. I'd prefer we take an offensive lineman over running back. My order of preference is QB, OL, WR, LB, RB, S....ofcourse if someone like Von Miller slides to 15th Id be more than excited to take him. My point being we have solve our RB problem just fine in FA or in the mid rounds. I'd be happy with Bradshaw and a 5th rounder. Fix the OL first, then if you have the luxury of taking a RB high in the draft fine, but at the moment we don't.

I'd be extremely disappointed with Ingram as well. I'd be OK with taking him 20-32 in the 1st round, assuming we trade back but even then Id be disappointed. If we take Ingram at 15 I'll be beyond pissed. Ingram is a fine player dont get me wrong but RB is just one of those positions where it doesnt make sense to take high in the draft unless they're an elite talent. I dont see a top 5 RB when I watch Ingram. I see a RB who will need a good blocking offensive line in order to be productive, like most running backs do. I'd prefer we take an offensive lineman over running back. My order of preference is QB, OL, WR, LB, RB, S....ofcourse if someone like Von Miller slides to 15th Id be more than excited to take him. My point being we have solve our RB problem just fine in FA or in the mid rounds. I'd be happy with Bradshaw and a 5th rounder. Fix the OL first, then if you have the luxury of taking a RB high in the draft fine, but at the moment we don't.

Pretty much agree with not wanting to take RB at 15. I do think Ingram will be an elite NFL RB but this draft is loaded with RBs and we could do fine getting RBs in round 4 and later.

We gotta go QB at 15. But if the top 4 guys are gone, I wouldn't go OL unless Tyron Smith is there. The rest of the OTs looks sketchy (especially Solder - not sold on him).

I'd hope we could trade down if it came to the top 4 QBs being gone and no elite player like Von Miller had slipped. There's no safety even worth a 1st rounder let alone 15. And I don't like any LB at 15 assuming Miller is gone (which he will be). Maybe a darkhorse would be Stephen Paea - he would be awesome to have rotating with Soliai. Our DL would be ridonkulous. But of course, the rest of our team would suck. :-(

Pretty much agree with not wanting to take RB at 15. I do think Ingram will be an elite NFL RB but this draft is loaded with RBs and we could do fine getting RBs in round 4 and later.
Not sure I want to face Ingram twice a year because he'll go to the Pats at 17. If Mallet, Locker or Newton is not available at 15, I almost think they will take Ingram.

Back
Top Bottom