"Shootin' the Brees" - Drew Brees analysis on Tua | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Shootin' the Brees" - Drew Brees analysis on Tua

I don't know if I would go as far as saying Eichenberg is good now, but he can put together good stretches in a game or even have a good game here and there, which is still a vast improvement.
And improvement is what we're striving for. Eich is no longer a liability, and that makes me happy. He's probably only gonna get better from here.....dare I say a capable starter 🤷‍♂️

And improvement is what we're striving for. Eich is no longer a liability, and that makes me happy. He's probably only gonna get better from here.....dare I say a capable starter 🤷‍♂️
I wonder what the guard pecking order would be if everybody was healthy... Hunt, Wynn, Jones, Eichenberg and Cotton? I wonder if Eichenberg has now moved ahead of Jones and Wynn in the staff's opinion.

Watched the whole thing…and I’m wondering something…

Is Eichenberg good now? Is that where we are in life?
Yes! That is our New Normal now! Fall in line and keep it moving! LOL Seriously, he and Jackson have improved so much over this season that it proves what Quality Coaching (Thank Butch Barry for that) can do to improve players even at the professional level. Kind of the same effect that McDaniel has had on Tua.

It’s amazing the improvement this guy has made this season. I admit I had written him off as a complete failure. I’m so happy I was completely wrong with my assessment of him. He has done a complete 360 this season and Im sure it’s because he’s busted his ass off Working on his craft. Butch you are savior pal. Thank you and McD for adding you to the staff. 👍❤️🐬

Great find, obviously good analysis by a HOF'er. About the Phins Offense as a whole, but a lot about Tua. Random thoughts:

~7:30 - Love the design on this running play. Very similar to a 49'er staple, but with McD's motion kicker and deeper "orbit motion" pitch (which gets criticized a lot here, but all in all I like them). Great cohesion from the O line blocking - "5 guys as one". We fake the orbit handoff or pitch at the top of the drop a lot - gotta run it occasionally, and you get 12 yards here.

~9:50 - Great cohesion and effort by TE and Wr's blocking downfield.

~12:50 - LOL- Tyreek ran 26 yards and changed direction -while the ball was in the air!

~15:50 - No look pass from Tua.
~19:50 - Tua hits his 3rd read. Eh, not news for a long time now, should delete this, but WTF leave it.
~23:30 - Our most called play, according to JT O'Sullivan, but seeing with new eyes by Brees. More detail on Tua's thinking.

I am also amazed!! Very happy about the quality play of the oline. While watching the Drew Brees thing I couldn't help but notice a lot of clean pockets. This oline coach is something special.

Back
Top Bottom