"Shootin' the Brees" - Drew Brees analysis on Tua | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Shootin' the Brees" - Drew Brees analysis on Tua

Are you implying he deserved praise for his piss poor performance those first two years?

If not, then this comment makes no sense. No one **** on this guy unjustifiably.
It’s so clear that coaching and continuity are fundamental to building a successful OL

That’s why we’ve been able to cope with injuries this year.

But really there’s no justification for the abuse that Eich has received.

Unless you somehow know a player isn’t working hard in practice and trying his best in games … it’s just infantile.

Are you implying he deserved praise for his piss poor performance those first two years?

If not, then this comment makes no sense. No one **** on this guy unjustifiably.
Me thinks you don't know what dismay means.

Yes! That is our New Normal now! Fall in line and keep it moving! LOL Seriously, he and Jackson have improved so much over this season that it proves what Quality Coaching (Thank Butch Barry for that) can do to improve players even at the professional level. Kind of the same effect that McDaniel has had on Tua.

Though I agree, I also think there is a little difference between Eich and Jackson to Tua.

I agree that McD has brought a lot to the improvement of Tua, as well as continuing to help in his growth, but I think Tua looked like an NFL QB that was just being sabotaged by his HC and OCs in Tua's 1st two years.

Eich and Jackson's story was just that again during the bad Flores years, neither was allowed to be coached up from college linemen to NFL linemen, so not only were they not growing, confidence was also starting to slip away.

There is no doubt though, those three became better, and more consistent players with the new coaching staff.

All those idiots here who would complain when Brees was brought up as a comp. :shoo:
game recognizing game Rafs

You know what I’m fascinated by at this point and I’ve been mentioning it on the board and don’t see too many analysts talking about it.

It’s this peripheral measurement of speed, it’s the gauging of one player, the actual target, in his periphery, while looking and facing his hips and shoulders in another direction that’s blowing me a way, that’s truly next level and he’s better than anyone at football at it.even Mahomes because he’s more accurate and he takes deeper shots while doing it.

It's the difference between evaluation and looking at results. Evaluation is what McD did when he reviewed the film from those first two seasons and pulled out 700 plays that showed Tua's elite traits. That's what many saw those first two seasons and tried to explain to the people who criticized out of ignorance and just simply blamed everything on the QB.

You know what I’m fascinated by at this point and I’ve been mentioning it on the board and don’t see too many analysts talking about it.

It’s this peripheral measurement of speed, it’s the gauging of one player, the actual target, in his periphery, while looking and facing his hips and shoulders in another direction that’s blowing me a way, that’s truly next level and he’s better than anyone at football at it.even Mahomes because he’s more accurate and he takes deeper shots while doing it.
There are so many things he does that are extremely difficult but he makes look easy. It's why idiots like Parsons think he could play QB like Tua if he were throwing to Hill.

And he’s still improving on the timing…he’s not at his peak yet IMO. Once he gets that wired, he’ll be a monster.

And he’s still improving on the timing…he’s not at his peak yet IMO. Once he gets that wired, he’ll be a monster.
One step I expect we'll see in the future is understanding/controlling protections better. In that Washington game, he had that play where there was a free rusher that Tua evaded and then hit Julian Hill for the first down. It was a great play. Tua's technique protecting the ball from the swipe was on point and his processing speed and accuracy on the pass were elite as usual.

But after the motion it was clear that the LB was likely blitzing and would be a free rusher if he did. That's something the C probably couldn't see. Tua could though. If he had changed the protection to shift t the left everybody would have been blocked. I believe the primary receiver on that play was Waddle on a double move to the right corner of the endzone. Waddle smoked his man and was wide open. With everybody blocked that would have been another one of those easy TD passes everybody thinks they can do just as well as Tua.

One step I expect we'll see in the future is understanding/controlling protections better. In that Washington game, he had that play where there was a free rusher that Tua evaded and then hit Julian Hill for the first down. It was a great play. Tua's technique protecting the ball from the swipe was on point and his processing speed and accuracy on the pass were elite as usual.

But after the motion it was clear that the LB was likely blitzing and would be a free rusher if he did. That's something the C probably couldn't see. Tua could though. If he had changed the protection to shift t the left everybody would have been blocked. I believe the primary receiver on that play was Waddle on a double move to the right corner of the endzone. Waddle smoked his man and was wide open. With everybody blocked that would have been another one of those easy TD passes everybody thinks they can do just as well as Tua.
not sure if you read J off’s point the other day that he made about Tua

Thought it was very acute in Tuas game

It was a macro approach to the game he said about situations that the matchups give you, targeting what the defenses is giving you situationally

No one **** on this guy unjustifiably.
I would say that is not even close to being accurate.

There are those around that still do not like/believe in Tua.

There's a difference between justified criticism and not giving credit no matter what the guy does.

Most of the serious bad mouthers have
been relegated to the fringes, lest they be openly mocked, but there were a lot of ppl blaming Tua for everything from bad sandwiches to middle east political issues.

Back
Top Bottom