"Shootin' the Brees" - Drew Brees analysis on Tua | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Shootin' the Brees" - Drew Brees analysis on Tua

Are you implying he deserved praise for his piss poor performance those first two years?

If not, then this comment makes no sense. No one **** on this guy unjustifiably.
The "Lemmings" are getting restless! - LOL

I would say that is not even close to being accurate.

There are those around that still do not like/believe in Tua.

There's a difference between justified criticism and not giving credit no matter what the guy does.

Most of the serious bad mouthers have
been relegated to the fringes, lest they be openly mocked, but there were a lot of ppl blaming Tua for everything from bad sandwiches to middle east political issues.
Agreed. I had fans of other teams some up to me and mention how unfairly the media treated Tua. And these are fans of other teams who generally only see a fraction of the crap talked about Tua. IMO anyone who can't see that Tua was absolutely **** on unjustifiably doesn't understand football.

I’m pretty optimistic most of the time, and I’d given up on him entirely.
Broski...I did too, but he's making some blocks and stalemating his guy far too often to be considered terrible still. I might be open to give him a shot after this year in a back up role.

Drew Brees has the radiant personality of 1960's brown synthetic carpet and he didn't get good reviews on TV. However, analyzing and distilling the nuances of NFL plays is what he excels at it and clearly enjoys. The irony of this is that Chris Simms and Dan Orlovsky present well on TV and act like they were great NFL QBs but were just backups (Simms was a complete dud) and yet Drew Brees really was an elite NFL QB and really does have the knowledge but the viewing masses lap up everything Chris and Dan say.

Last edited:
I would say that is not even close to being accurate.

There are those around that still do not like/believe in Tua.

There's a difference between justified criticism and not giving credit no matter what the guy does.

Most of the serious bad mouthers have
been relegated to the fringes, lest they be openly mocked, but there were a lot of ppl blaming Tua for everything from bad sandwiches to middle east political issues.
Talking about Eich, brother. I would agree with you if this was about Tua.
It's the difference between evaluation and looking at results. Evaluation is what McD did when he reviewed the film from those first two seasons and pulled out 700 plays that showed Tua's elite traits. That's what many saw those first two seasons and tried to explain to the people who criticized out of ignorance and just simply blamed everything on the QB.
This is about Eich, not Tua.

Are you implying his supposed piss poor play his first 2 years was all on him and nothing to do with the actual piss poor coaching ?
Eich? No. We go by what we know. Are you implying you had such high hopes for him after the results we had after his first two seasons?

He was bad. And we came into this season hoping we could salvage some kind of backup role or anything out of him. And now with coaching, he’s actually solid.

Eich? No. We go by what we know. Are you implying you had such high hopes for him after the results we had after his first two seasons?

He was bad. And we came into this season hoping we could salvage some kind of backup role or anything out of him. And now with coaching, he’s actually solid.
My mistake.......

Apologies ,i thought you were talking about Tua .

Back
Top Bottom