Should Miami Target Georgia CB Paul Oliver in Supplemental Draft? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should Miami Target Georgia CB Paul Oliver in Supplemental Draft?

No. Keepour picks for next year. We may trade a pick to Green still.

Isn't it the same to keep our picks for taking a player next year than taking a "next year" player THIS year, but cheaper?

Absolutely not!, we must take advantage and take him NOW!

Calvin Johnson also played bad in some other games.. The game against Troy State he was terrible . His name isn't even on the stat sheet for that one..

So I wouldn't go just by how he was against Calvin Johnson.. Remember Johnson had an atrocious QB throwing him the ball ..A good GM goes by the whole body of work over a player's career..
If an average WR had a good game against him, that can also be seen as a negative .. I'm not saying that happened because I didn't see all his game tapes, but let's not jump the gun here all because he had one good game against a terrible QB.

What would you say if I tell you that he (Oliver) also owned Sidney Rice and at the game vs. Calvin Johnson we could see some plays that only playmakers can do.

Too bad you guys think Oliver is only worth a 2nd or 3rd round selection... cause if thats all your willing to give up for him... another team will get him with a 1st round tender... believe me!!! NE or IND with later 1st round selections just might be willing to submit their round 1 tender on him... i say if he's a top 15 pick in 2008 than miami sould submit their 1st on him... his talent says he doesn't get out of the 1st round of the supplemental draft in july!!!!
I thank God that you are not our GM.

Does anyone know if Oliver has had any off the field troubles? Or if he's a trouble maker in the locker room?

Too bad you guys think Oliver is only worth a 2nd or 3rd round selection... cause if thats all your willing to give up for him... another team will get him with a 1st round tender... believe me!!! NE or IND with later 1st round selections just might be willing to submit their round 1 tender on him... i say if he's a top 15 pick in 2008 than miami sould submit their 1st on him... his talent says he doesn't get out of the 1st round of the supplemental draft in july!!!!

You are 100% correct and with New England having 2 first round picks next year and a need at DB there is no way that they dont go after this guy.

To be honest they would be crazy to pass on him

The problem with submitting your first is this:

Let's say you get him with next years first. Okay great, now not that I think we are this bad or anything BUT:

If everything goes wrong on offense we could very well have a top 7 even top 5 pick. The question is would you use that kind of pick on a corner? Must admit I havent seen him play much, but I don't think I'd EVER use a first rounder in the Supp Draft.

Supplemental players rarely pan out. I say keep our picks.

The problem with submitting your first is this:

Let's say you get him with next years first. Okay great, now not that I think we are this bad or anything BUT:

If everything goes wrong on offense we could very well have a top 7 even top 5 pick. The question is would you use that kind of pick on a corner? Must admit I havent seen him play much, but I don't think I'd EVER use a first rounder in the Supp Draft.

submitting a first like you say is too risky. I would hate to take Oliver with the number one overall pick.

You can never have enough good DB.
Maybe a 3-4rd?

I can't understand the "keep our draft picks" mentality with this one. It's not like we're trading a potential 4th round pick for a 37 year old QB or a 2nd round pick on a QB with a bad knee. We'd be taking a 21-22 year old player that has showed enough playing for a big program, that he would've been a first rounder in the '08 draft (many projected him going in the top 15 overall).

1. He's got good size
2. He can cover
3. He can tackle
4. He's a playmaker

How many playmakers do we have in the secondary? If we can get this guy in the 3rd round, I'd be thrilled. This coming from someone who thinks we already have plenty of depth at cb.

You can point out how few sup. picks work out, but very few have ever had the talent/production that Oliver has had.

Back
Top Bottom