Should the Miami Dolphins have fired Tony Sparano? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should the Miami Dolphins have fired Tony Sparano?

No they should not have fired Tony Sparano. You can give all the numbers you want to what you are not stating is the fact that The continued loosing seasons were all the seasons that Chad Henne was the QB previous to that they were not a loosing team and after Chad Henne got injured and replaced by Matt Moore they were not a loosing team. If they would have left Sparano as the coach and Chad Henne as the water boy you would have seen the Dolphins become a winning team that made it to the playoffs and Super Bowl. Why is it that noone wants to admit the obvious here. People want the HC replaced (which you are getting your wish) and they want a different QB even though they were winning with Matt Moore and his ratings were among the best. But he is not an elite quarterback(as people setting home on their couches decide) Well the Dolphins are going to get a new HC and possibly a different QB. But you have no clue what this coach will do or the staff he brings in with him. You are just so intense on bashing Sparano that I don't think people even thought or looked at the whole picture. Not only are they loosing Sparano but they are loosing some other Dolphin coaches as well. People were not looking at what was best for the Dolphins Football team they were looking at what they as the" couch coaches "felt would make them feel better.

Interesting theory, but you forget one key piece of evidence:

Tony Sparano is the guy who decided to start Chad Henne. Tony Sparano is the guy who promised us a 'fair' QB competition and then proceeded to hand Chad Henne the reins despite his abysmal performance in camp and preseason.

Therefore, if Chad Henne is ultimately responsible for the team's lack of success, and Tony Sparano is responsible for starting Chad Henne, then obviously Tony Sparano is also responsible for the team's lack of success. Checkmate.

My understanding was that one of the reasons that Jeff Fisher didn't want to come to Miami was because he wanted full control of his roster and Ross would not allow that. Ireland was to be the man with that control. I would have thought that if Tony Sparano had control of his Roster then they would have allowed Jeff Fisher to also have that control. So can you without any doubt say that Jeff Ireland or Ross did not have any control over Chad Henne being the starting QB. In the Sun Sentinel Ross made the statement that Chad Henne was the next Marino. It also tells about Ross and Henne golfing together around the lockout time. What is really convenient now is that they have been proven that Henne was the problem so firing Sparano and finding another QB is going to make it look like Sparano was the one keeping him as a starter. When in reality I feel that the control was not in Sparano hands he followed what the Owner and GM requested. I guess we found out that Jeff Fisher wanted to make his own calls. So maybe people can state that Sparano allowed Henne to be the starting QB but I think maybe they need to think about this. Ireland brings in the players Sparano had to work with them. And Ross owns the team.

11-5
7-9
7-9
4-9

What's the point of keeping stability in your coaching staff, when your team gets noticeably worse year after year. Tony Sparano could be a decent coach someday, but come on, his expertise is offensive line. Minimal experience in coaching an offense. We allowed the most sacks in franchise history last year - Tony had used 2 of our 4 fist rounds picks on linemen. And our line still sucked. More importantly, it became clear Tony and his staff was holding this team back. Chad Henne didn't get very far in four years with Tony did he? How do you have the wrong personnel on the field on the final drive in the cleveland game? Why were we content with a 1 point lead in Dallas on Thanksgiving? Where in God's name do our timeouts go? Why have we consistently taken a knee within 2 minutes of the first half? Players don't have a choice in those decisions - they have to go along with them.

Great players coach, but as for the X's and O's, he has a lot to learn, and this franchise can't afford him learning on the job.
LOL - completely agree. I'll tell you where the timeouts went...he would call them to collect his thoughts. Couldn't manage a game at ALL. Was very apparent that Bowles had more of a handle on game management and he had no prior HC experience. How sad is that?

He was never a good Coach. The only time the Dolphins were even practicing well was when Parcells was walking around on the practice field.

Considering how well Miami was playing during the last half of the year, and where we are in our coaching search, I'm now thinking we'd have been better off keeping Sparano... Back when I thought we had a shot at a legit Coach I was fine with Tony being fired. But now that we have no shot at any proven winner, we've lost our DC, we'll probably lose our OC, and we'll have rookie HC. This all means we'll have NO philosophical continuity. And instead of having the possibility of starting the season the way we left off, we are basically looking at starting over.

We beat nobody, not one playoff team. I really wonder if some people just like being losers.

Back
Top Bottom