Should The Phins Go Back To More 3-4 D? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should The Phins Go Back To More 3-4 D?

I agree with Palma on this one.

Last year we had a solid LT and an explosive RB that was our top TD producer, and a solid 2-way TE who was our 2nd highest TD producer.

We had one of the 3 worst WR corps in the league last year, along with St. Louis and maybe Cleveland. We got rid of our 2nd best receiver ... to Cleveland, and replaced him with the 2nd best WR from ... St. Louis. Sorry, I'm not calling that building around our young QB.

Yes, we added Wallace. That was excellent. What else did we do?

We added a seam threat WR with the same speed as Hartline who cannot block, and we are calling him a 'TE' despite being nothing more than a possession WR who isn't a size mismatch and is about the same red zone threat that Fasano was ... and signals PASS in big flashing neon letters every time he is on the field. Then we added a low quality TE prospect to block, complete with a big flashing neon RUN sign on his jersey.

We added a good WR and lost a good LT. At best that's an expensive swap in my book. Miller may replace Bush, but that's not upgrading.

Palma said he basically wanted to see us draft more offense to build around Tannehill. Me too.
t
yes we added wallace but you ask what else did we do?!? lol if adding a stud, burner #1 WR isn't enough for you then i don't think you have realistic expectations. our WR's 1-4 are good enough to get it done. not many teams have good 5th WR's either (I know, because i looked them all up) so depth is not an issue. and dustin keller creates mismatches at the TE spot, you can't say the same about Fasano.

Back
Top Bottom