Sign Leonard Fournette | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sign Leonard Fournette

There is everything wrong with it. It's why the only teams doing it are Gettleman's Giants; Jerry's Cowboys; Coughlin's Jags and Fisher's Rams. The Cowboys could of had Jalen Ramsey with that Zeke pick and drafted Derrick Henry in the 2d.

The Giants took Saquon with the second pick when they could of had Nick Chubb in the second round. Zeke and Saquon and Fournette were/are getting paid top of the draft money from day one at a non-premium position, a position you can get Pro Bowl production from anywhere at RB. Phillip Lindsay was an UDFA in 2018 and he posted a ypa nearly half yard better than Saquon.

Fournette and Mccaffrey were taken with top 7 picks. Their teams could of had Joe Mixon or Dalvin Cook in the 2d; Kamara or Kareem Hunt in the 3d; Tarik Cohen or Marlon Mack in the 4th. Chris Carson in the 7th. How good are the Panthers on account of CMC? Answer is he doesn't move the needle much at all. Fournette never possessed elite traits and he's not a good back. Just a straight line runner with bad vision, he's not physical at all, avoids contact, but for some reason people think he's a poor man's Derrick Henry or Nick Chubb, he's not. He just sucks.

I agree with this in terms of drafting rbs...but let’s not get it twisted had Todd gurley not ever hurt his knee at Georgia creating a what we now know is a degenerative condition he’d still be murdering this league.

I agree with this in terms of drafting rbs...but let’s not get it twisted had Todd gurley not ever hurt his knee at Georgia creating a what we now know is a degenerative condition he’d still be murdering this league.

Isn't that the point? If he hadn't this or that? RBs play a position where attrition is high, elite production fleeting and effectiveness largely schematic. Gurley wasn't an upper echelon back till McVay got there. He had a stretch of games his first 2 years in the league where he rushed for 100+ yds once in 25-games. His eliteness was completely dependent on a zone running scheme. Rams could of had Devante Parker, Andrus Peat, Marcus Peters or Arik Armstead with that pick. Premium players at premium positions.

Isn't that the point? If he hadn't this or that? RBs play a position where attrition is high, elite production fleeting and effectiveness largely schematic. Gurley wasn't an upper echelon back till McVay got there. He had a stretch of games his first 2 years in the league where he rushed for 100+ yds once in 25-games. His eliteness was completely dependent on a zone running scheme. Rams could of had Devante Parker, Andrus Peat, Marcus Peters or Arik Armstead with that pick. Premium players at premium positions.

yeah I don’t know about scheme doing the driving when it came to Todd gurleys talent. Truth is attrition could happen to pretty much anyone.

i don’t know if his pre draft physicals told teams that within 5 years he’d develop a degenerative condition or not.

before Mcvay got there they had literally nothing around him and teams would just gameplan to limit Todd gurley. So I don’t put much stock in that.

it’s also no coincidence that once left tackle Andrew whitworth got tbere as a free agent addition the oline play went to another level.

Difference in burst with Howard in year 3 was clearly evident. It wasn't just teams stacking the box. Theres no way an offensive coach like Matt Nagy just gets rod of Howard after year three otherwise.
I have heard rumors that Howard was not in great shape that year. But the bottom line is that he never fit Nagy's ideal mold for a RB and it was a terrible pairing.

“He’s proven that he's done that (being a bell-cow back) so that's for sure, he can do that,” coach Matt Nagy said. “In this offense I think it's more game specific as to whether or not you need that. Again, you want to be able to have multi-dimensional backs, meaning a guy that can run the football and maybe his strength is running and not a route runner. Or you have a guy that's vice versa."

“When you have a multitude of guys that can do those things, one of the things I believe in is trying to really hone in on what their weaknesses are or what we perceive their weaknesses to be. For each player then we try to really work on that right now in the offseason. We all know he can run the football and he fits well in this offense.”

He's not being direct here, but you can read between the lines. This does not sound like a coach that is overly excited to be working with the first Bears RB to start his career with back to back 1,000 yard seasons.

Nagy's ideal RB is more versatile. Nagy had great success with the Kareem Hunt the year before, who was a significantly better receiving option. His quote clearly shows how much he values versatility at the position.

Howard's ground and pound style game was never going to mesh well. It is very unsurprising that his year with Nagy was his worst season.

Cleared waivers. No takers.

New England NOT in the running for him.

People around here need to get over their fear of NE wanting everyone just because they are NE.

And what has happened to backspace on this website? It keeps dropping the chat box.

I've seen that the Chiefs have interest and he would a good fit there. Right now KC has the rookie Edwards-Halaier and not much after that.

I've seen that the Chiefs have interest and he would a good fit there. Right now KC has the rookie Edwards-Halaier and not much after that.

Edwards-Helaire is enough for them. Not ideal for Leonard in terms on playing time but on the flip side if he can help a team like that to another title and stay out of the negative news cycle he could land a bigger deal next year.

I’d be looking elsewhere if I were him, it’s really bad timing, Jax should’ve released him sooner although clearly they weren’t about to do him any favors.

It’s crazy to think Fournette, Clowney and Earl Thomas have no takers. Prime examples of the Not For Long side of the NFL.

The old Dolphins would’ve signed all three.

Not enough wiggle or burst for that offense. But this shows D Williams was a highly productive and efficient piece in that offense. Scraping the bottom of the barrel for production says more about that offense lacking fire power (run game) going into 2020.

If he is looking for a ring, it would be a good move. If he is looking to get paid, the Chiefs just blew a lot of money on other contracts.

Something's definitely screwed up in Jax. In two years they lost Ramsey, Fournette and Ngakoue took a payout to get out of there.
They want to tank so they get the first pick in the draft. I am sure their fans are just as happy with the prospect of getting the first pick and drafting Lawrence as Dolphin fans were before last season when they thought the Dolphins would need the first pick in the draft to be able to draft Tua.
I would gladly give up Ramsey, Ngakoue, and Fournette if it meant I could have Lawrence as my QB for the next decade plus.

They want to tank so they get the first pick in the draft. I am sure their fans are just as happy with the prospect of getting the first pick and drafting Lawrence as Dolphin fans were before last season when they thought the Dolphins would need the first pick in the draft to be able to draft Tua.
I would gladly give up Ramsey, Ngakoue, and Fournette if it meant I could have Lawrence as my QB for the next decade plus.

Which makes sense however their coach Doug Marrone came out and specifically said they weren't because that would mean both he and the GM would lose their jobs, which is likely the plan anyway, and he's just not privy to that level of information.

I don't really believe Flores was hired with the intent to all out tank the way we did, I think our tank was more a matter of circumstance. If Houston doesn't offer us what they did for Tunsil, we likely don't make that trade, which in turn might've lead to us not trading Minkah. We had the luxury of a first year coach and a clean slate.

Jacksonville is going to have a new regime capitalizing on the previous FO's mistakes. If they end up with the No.1 pick, that job is going to be VERY desirable.

Back
Top Bottom