Sign Russell for Vet Minimum? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sign Russell for Vet Minimum?

Absolutely no. Russell's a "me first" sanctimonious turd who has the ability to infect team culture. Keep him away from Tua. There is a reason why Denver are taking a massive $38M dead cap hit this season and next as well, just to get rid of him (and they don't have a QB to replace him). Yes, he'd come cheap and he has a big chip on his shoulder, but letting Russell in the building would smash the good team culture of last season in 10 seconds. I doubt that Mike McDaniel could put up with him.

This is what can happen when you start making huge contracts. Very, very few players are that good for a long, increasing contract. (let's say 5 years).

I would not hesitate to bring him in as a backup at a fair rate, ie. less than $4.5 million a year for a two-year deal.

Wilson isn’t anywhere close to the QB Tua is. Pennix has had twice the injuries Tua has had and I don’t see him as anything but a backup QB in the NFL.

Tua is going to be the Dolphins starting QB for the next 10 years and the anti Tua crowd can either accept it or just root for another team.

Maybe they will go to that "other teams" forum.
Hey, a guy can hope. - LOL

And then in 5 years that team will pick up Tua for a whole lot of money. I don't want to see Tua leave but watching those "anti-Tua" posters have that shoved in their faces would be - enjoyable. - LOL

I agree Ray. I've never posted that you are right. I'm a late bloomer..your right

This is what can happen when you start making huge contracts. Very, very few players are that good for a long, increasing contract. (let's say 5 years).

I would not hesitate to bring him in as a backup at a fair rate, ie. less than $4.5 million a year for a two-year deal.
Ray - I always enjoy your comments but we agree to disagree on bringing Russell Wilson in as a backup. Russ will never ever see himself as a backup. Last week he was talking about winning another 2 Super Bowls before he retires. His ego is off the chart and even bringing him in as a backup, he would do everything he could to undermine Tua, all day everyday. It would immediately result in a QB controversy (he knows how to fuel the media) and Mike McDaniel wouldn't be able to contain it.
There is a reason why Denver are prepared to incur a $38M dead cap hit this year, a $42M dead cap next year (and still don't have a QB). Also Seattle took a $26M dead cap hit when he was traded by the Seahawks. The nice smiling, softly spoken, devoutly religious Russell you see in front of the camera is allegedly difficult if things don't go his way. Sean Payton even dumbed down the Broncos playbook to about 10 plays for Russ. He's not what he was 10 years ago. We don't need the drama. Would love to see him go the Jets as Aaron Rodgers backup.

Last edited:
He sucks without the legion of boom he's history..carried by a great defense

Been saying it all day.

Perfect 1 year rental to get the young QB in here to groom, trade Tua, and keep Wilkins.

Russ was not the reason Denver was mediocre...

We will not win a SB with Tua on the big contract, he cannit hide various roster deficiencies like a Mahomes.

Tua either needs to take less or be dealt, end of discussion.
Blah blah bluh, say something? Ah I see, same old Tua dribble.

That behavior alone should have spoke volumes to Dolphins management and set the wheels in motion to acquire a new QB.
That is because you are unable to understand a class act. The fruit don't fall far.

Money GIF

BURNING QUESTION

HAS RUSSELL WILSON PLAYED HIMSELF OUT OF THE HALL OF FAME?

Heard them talking about this on a podcast. It's kinda crazy bc the way Russ started his career he coulda retired at 30 and made the HOF. If he continues to fizzle he prob will end up a backup after this next stop.

He did win a SB and almost win another one and his stats arnt awful.

I think his HOF Bust is still up in the air and let's face it, Russ doesn't seem to have many ppl running to have his back publicly. He might have trouble getting votes.

Back
Top Bottom