Sleepers | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sleepers

21. Dudley Guice WR(Northwestern State) 6'3" 209lbs.
He has fluid hips, outstanding hands and great body control. He is a thinking man on the field, using a variety of moves to separate from the defender. At the Texas vs. Nation game, scouts were taking a second, third and fourth look at this little known WR. Not receiving an invite to the combine, Guice had to perform for onlookers at his ProDay-he did not disappoint:

[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]40 Yrd Dash:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]4.40[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]20 Yrd Dash:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]2.58[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]10 Yrd Dash:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]1.49[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]225 Lb. Bench Reps:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]12[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Vertical Jump:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]39[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Broad Jump:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]10'05"[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]20 Yrd Shuttle:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]4.01[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]3-Cone Drill:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]6.61[/SIZE][/FONT]

He graduated from Northwestern State with a 3.597 GPA and 2nd in the Draddy(Academic Heisman). Could he be this years Marques Colston?

Definitely with you on that one. A few weeks back I took a look at Bill Parcells' history with drafting WRs and found a trend toward smaller FCS and non-BCS type programs. I took a look at guys who would be very likely under that scenario and when you look at that you come up with Johnny Knox, Dominique Edison and Dudley Guice. Guice and Knox both stood out in Texas vs Nation practices and the game itself, Edison stood out on the first day of practice as perhaps the best WR there but then he hurt a hammy and Guice took over as the guy everyone watched.

http://www.universaldraft.com/3_7_2009_CK_s_Blog.php

I believe very strongly that one of those three could end up a Dolphin on the second day of the draft. I also took a look at Jarett Dillard, however the main problem with him is that I believe he's rising a little too high.

Edison, Guice, Knox. Have to remember those names. I see strong possibility in those three becoming Dolphins.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/nfl/03/13/prodays/index.html?eref=T1

Robert Francois/LB/Boston College: Francois is one of the least known prospects from the Boston College defense, yet one of the draft's real sleepers. He measured 6-2, 245 then timed both of his 40's in the mid 4.5-second range. Francois posted a 35.5-inch vertical jump, 10' broad and had a short shuttle time under four seconds. He looked terrific in drills, working with the defensive backs, and looked better than most of the secondary prospects.

Small school players I like...

QB Nate Davis, Ball State
QB Nathan Brown, Central Arkansas
QB Jason Boltus, Hartwick

RB Rashad Jennings, Liberty
RB Javarris Williams, Tennessee State
RB Bernard Scott, Abilene Christian

WR Jarett Dillard, Rice
WR Dudley Guice, Northwestern State (LA)
WR Dominique Edison, Stephen F Austin
WR Johnny Knox, Abilene Christian

TE James Casey, Rice
TE Zach Miller, Nebraska-Omaha

OT Sebastian Vollmer, Houston
OT T.J. Lang, Eastern Michigan

DT Khalif Mitchell, East Carolina
DT Terrance Knighton, Temple

DE Jarron Gilbert, San Jose State
DE Lawrence Sidbury Jr., Richmond
DE Everette Pedescleaux, Northern Iowa
DE Pierre Walters, Eastern Illinois

OLB Larry English, Northern Illinois
OLB Dan Skuta, Grand Valley State
OLB Willie Williams, Union (KY)

ILB Frantz Joseph, Florida Atlantic
ILB Cyrus Mulitalo, Sacramento State

CB Coye Francies, San Jose State
CB Chris Owens, San Jose State
CB Don Carey, Norfolk State
CB Lardarius Webb, Nicholls State
CB Joe Burnett, Central Florida

FS Colt Anderson, Montana

CK, how about the kid Mark Parsons from Ohio? What do you think?

Small school players I like...

OLB Willie Williams, Union (KY)

I'm assuming you like their "on-the-field" skills, not necessarily the "off-the-field" baggage.

I'm a Louisville fan and believe me I know Willie Williams comes with a C130 cargo plane full of baggage...

I'm assuming you like their "on-the-field" skills, not necessarily the "off-the-field" baggage.

I'm a Louisville fan and believe me I know Willie Williams comes with a C130 cargo plane full of baggage...

Yes he does. I probably shouldn't have included him, as I eliminated Chris Baker on that basis, and Willie Williams makes Chris Baker look like a saint. But I wonder if Williams has reached such a rock bottom that he'll change his ways while Baker and some others haven't gotten there yet.

Yes he does. I probably shouldn't have included him, as I eliminated Chris Baker on that basis, and Willie Williams makes Chris Baker look like a saint. But I wonder if Williams has reached such a rock bottom that he'll change his ways while Baker and some others haven't gotten there yet.

That's a good thought. He has had ample chances. He threw his chance at U of L away. We were depending on him that season, but he decided to get caught driving with pot and then eat the evidence. Union is definately rock bottom. He would have to be working hard there as that school depends on students to work on campus as a part of their schooling. It all depends on his interview.

That's a good thought. He has had ample chances. He threw his chance at U of L away. We were depending on him that season, but he decided to get caught driving with pot and then eat the evidence. Union is definately rock bottom. He would have to be working hard there as that school depends on students to work on campus as a part of their schooling. It all depends on his interview.

I know the Dolphins have looked at him. They had him in for a visit. His agent claims that he's put all of that nonsense behind him now, for the only reason that these guys ever do put all of that kind of nonsense behind him...his kid. He has a daughter. And if he doesn't take the NFL seriously and stay out of trouble, he's trying to provide for her by working at McDonald's.

22. Bradley Fletcher CB(Iowa) 6'0" 196lbs.
His measurables are:

[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]40 Yrd Dash:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]4.47[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]20 Yrd Dash:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]2.59[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]10 Yrd Dash:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]1.47[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]225 Lb. Bench Reps:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]20[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Vertical Jump:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]38 1/2[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Broad Jump:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]10'02"[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]20 Yrd Shuttle:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]4.29[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]3-Cone Drill:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]7.04[/SIZE][/FONT]

He has prototypical size for the position. His long arms and big hands help him fight with the receiver when going after the ball. Breaks down well in space to make the open-field tackle. He is able to turn his hips to change directions. Because of his size and instincts some scouts project him as a FS. He will have to prove he has the deep speed to run with receivers in the NFL.

22. Bradley Fletcher CB(Iowa) 6'0" 196lbs.
His measurables are:

[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]40 Yrd Dash:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]4.47[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]20 Yrd Dash:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]2.59[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]10 Yrd Dash:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]1.47[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]225 Lb. Bench Reps:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]20[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Vertical Jump:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]38 1/2[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Broad Jump:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]10'02"[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]20 Yrd Shuttle:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]4.29[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]3-Cone Drill:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]7.04[/SIZE][/FONT]

He has prototypical size for the position. His long arms and big hands help him fight with the receiver when going after the ball. Breaks down well in space to make the open-field tackle. He is able to turn his hips to change directions. Because of his size and instincts some scouts project him as a FS. He will have to prove he has the deep speed to run with receivers in the NFL.

if Dwight Lowry can play CB then why can't this guy? is 4.47 slow?

23. Cedric Dockery OG(Texas) 6'3" 320lbs.
Don't know how much of a sleeper he is, but he is picked to go in the 3rd. I still have not heard alot of talk around the web about him.

If there was anyone ever born to be an NFL OG, it is Cedric. Wide hips, big thighs, broad strong shoulders and long, powerful arms. Not fat, just big. He's a natural kneebender, does not get off balance by leaning at the waist. Athletic with decent quickness. He can absorb a bullrush and when he locks you up it is over. He can be overaggressive at times causing him to get over extended. Needs to have a better motor, sometimes seems to get lazy on the field.

This is from another post I responded to, so I figured I would include it here:
24. Nate Davis QB(Ball State) 6'1" 217lbs.
Career Superlatives

• Became the first player in BSU history to throw for 3,000 yards or more in back-to-back seasons​

• Managed a 22-12 record as a starting quarterback
• Tallied a 17-5 Mid-American Conference mark as a starter
• Threw at least one TD pass in 29 of his last 31 games
• With his first pass at Akron, a 23-yard completion to Dante Love, Davis set the Ball State career record for passing yards
• With his seventh completion of the game vs. Northern Illinois, Davis set the Ball State school record for completions in a career on a 33-yard pass to MiQuale Lewis​

2008 Season Superlatives

• Ranked 13th in the nation in passing efficiency (156.97)​

• Ranked 19th in the country in total offense (278.79)
• Threw for at least 250 yards in a game 8 times in 2008
• Completed 64.3 percent of his passes
• Completed .875 percent of his passes against Northeastern, which ranks as the third best single-game mark in BSU history
• Tied his career high with 64 rushing yards vs. Western Michigan​
http://www.ballstatesports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=14200&ATCLID=710742

What kind of offense did they run at BSU? Was it like Tulsa's and tends to inflate the WR and QB numbers? Completing over 60% of your passes, over 9200 yds, a 74/22 td/int ratio, and come out of college with a 147.3 QB rating is pretty good numbers. And on top of that, put up nearly 500yds. rushing.

Here's the deal. The guy is only 6'1 3/8". Justified or not there is a bias against QBs shorter than 6'3". They worked out of the spread(shotgun) at BSU. He'll have a learning curve because not being under C, you got to get your steps right. Always being 7 yards behind the line makes it easier to presnap read and read while the play is going on. Ball security is a concern. Your first impression is always your best and if the GMAC bowl was the first time some people got to see the kid play, it was probably not the showing he had hoped. In that game he had 9 TOs: 6 fumbles and 3 ints. Another thing that concerns people is that when he holds the ball he does not use the laces and wears a glove. He was diagnosed with a learning disabiliy. Lastly, he is a riverboat gambler.

But on the other hand here are some positives. He has a great arm. He has outstanding acurracy, smooth release, and great touch and timing. He is pretty athletic, as one would expect coming out of the spread. He is tough with a good work ethic. He is a team leader.

He is viewed now as a mid-round selection. I'd say from the fifth on. He has a lot of things to work on and is a long term projection. But he has that dreaded word "upside".

Joel Bell-OT-Furman-6'7",312lbs,5.20/40
25. Joel Bell OT(Furman) 6'7" 315lbs.
Bell was a three-time All-Southern Conference selection. He was on multiple All-American lists this past year and became the third player in 4yrs to be invited to the combine from Furman. He won the league's Jacobs Award for being the top blocker.

Bell grew up playing soccer and basketball while living in Croatia and Egypt. He was also an accomplished discuss thrower in college. Bell is long and quick. Some say he is DE playing OT. His athleticism is impressive for a man of his size. He does have questions about his ability to deal with speed rushers. It has been stated that he will have to improve his lower body strength and balance.

Joe Burnett CB UCF 5'9" 192 :woot:
Burnett made headlines since starting as a freshman because of his skills as a cornerback (16 career interceptions, 35 pass breakups) and return man (three punt, two kickoff returns for touchdown). The four-year starter was named first-team All-Conference USA at cornerback and kickoff and punt returner as a senior. A bit smaller and slower than most teams would like in a starter, Burnett is a strong, confident Tampa-2 corner in the making. GO KNIGHTS!!!:woot:

Back
Top Bottom