Sleepers | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sleepers

What do you guys think of Austin Collie, WR from BYU? He seems pretty athletic to me, and a solid route runner. I wouldn`t mind taking him in the later rounds, would you?

What do you guys think of Austin Collie, WR from BYU? He seems pretty athletic to me, and a solid route runner. I wouldn`t mind taking him in the later rounds, would you?

26. Austin Collie WR(Brigham Young) 6'1" 200lbs.
Outstanding hands. His two best routes are the comback and the out route. He knows how to get separation. He was frequently double teamed since he was the focus on passing downs and still made catches in the Cougar offense. Does not have the breakaway speed(4.53-4.6/40), but just is one of those players that knows how to get open. There are questions as to wether he will shy away from going to the middle of the field, but you won't know until you put him out there. He was seldom asked to go over the middle at BYU. There is really not a lot of negatives on this kid. He is 24 yrs. old, but I do not see this as a problem. He could have gotten into the bottom of the 2nd or 3rd with a sub 4.5. Probably looking at a late 3rd or 4th rd. selection.

27. Jamie Thomas OG(Maryland) 6'4" 323lbs.
He is seasoned and consistent player. Thomas has a good understanding of the game. Very coachable, high football I.Q. Has enough to speed(5.25/40) to pull. He looks the part, he has the size the trifecta is looking for the OL. The only knock on him is that, although, he gives decent effort, he does not always sustain his blocks. There seems to be something missing from his game. Maybe that "killer instinct".

28. Don Carey CB(Norfolk St.) 5'11" 192lbs.
ProDay results:
225 Bench Press Reps: 18
40 Yrd Dash: 4.49
20 Yrd Dash: 2.59
10 Yrd Dash: 1.47

Carey is a two time selection to the second team All-MEAC. He has tallied 10ints. in his career including 5ints. in 2008. Carey is a 3-time member of the MEAC Commissioner's All-Academic Team. He ended his collegiate career with 174tkls., 34 pass deflections, 4 fumble recoveries, 2 blocked extra pts., and 2 defensive TDs. Don was a late addition to the East-West Shrine Bowl and he did not dissapoint. He finished the game with two tackles and knocked down the potential game winning TD. Carey has solid instincts and above average ball skills. He is not afraid to come up and get physical in run support. The only negative on him is that he has not really faced many complex offensive schemes.

29. Roy Miller DT(Texas) 6'2" 310lbs.

Combine
225lbs. Bench Press: 36
Vertical Jump: 32

With his size and lunch-pail, never say die attitude, he is a natural to plug the middle in a 3-4. Miller plays low with good pad level to get underneath the defender. He uses his hands to his advantage to win the one on one battles. Miller, while he is primarily a bull rusher, does have a very good swim and rip to get to the QB. He has a non-stop motor. Miller is the definition when you say plugger. While he is effective in the middle, he lacks the athletic ability to make plays away from the zone in which he plays. He struggles to shed blockers.

Updated list:

1. Cornelius Lewis OT(TSU) 6'4" 324lbs.
2. Dominique Johnson CB(Jackson St.)6'1"190lbs.

3. Frantz Joseph ILB(FAU) 6'2" 243lbs
4. Darius Passmore WR(Marshall) 6'1" 190lbs.
5. Brandon Swain DE(West Texas A&M) 6'3" 255lbs.
6. D.J. Clark S(Idaho St.) 6'2" 200lbs.
7. Andy Kemp OG(Wisconsin) 6'6" 315lbs.
8. Julius Pruitt WR(Ouachita Baptist) 6'2" 210lbs.
9. Daniel Holtzclaw ILB(Eastern Michigan) 6'1" 246lbs.
10. Stephen McGee QB(Texas A&M) 6'3" 220lbs.
11. Jamarko Simmons WR(Western Michigan) 6'2" 241lbs.
12. Dominique Edison WR(Stephen F. Austin) 6'2" 204lbs.
13. Kevin Barnes CB(Maryland) 6'1" 188lbs.
14. Nick Reed DE(Oregon) 6'2" 255lbs.
15. Nader Abdullah DT(Ohio St.) 6'4" 296lbs.
16. DeWayne Lewis CB(Southern Utah) 5'11" 190lbs.
17. Mark Parsons CB(Ohio) 5'10" 193lbs.
18. Lee Robinson LB(Alcorn State) 6'2" 249lbs.
19. Phillip Hunt LB(Houston) 6'1"" 253lbs.
20. Gartrell Johnson RB(Colorado State) 5'11" 222lbs.
21. Dudley Guice WR(Northwestern State) 6'3" 209lbs.
22. Bradley Fletcher CB(Iowa) 6'0" 196lbs.
23. Cedric Dockery OG(Texas) 6'3" 320lbs.
24. Nate Davis QB(Ball State) 6'1" 217lbs.
25. Joel Bell OT(Furman) 6'7" 315lbs.
26. Austin Collie WR(Brigham Young) 6'1" 200lbs.
27. Jamie Thomas OG(Maryland) 6'4" 323lbs.
28. Don Carey CB(Norfolk St.) 5'11" 192lbs.
29. Roy Miller DT(Texas) 6'2" 310lbs.

30. Myron Pryor DT(Kentucky) 6' 0" 319lbs.
Maybe not so much of a sleeper, but the guy is a very good player. Built leak a fire hydrant, Pryor is incredibly athletic for a player of his size. In one-on-one drills at the East-West Shrine game, he was a headache for the OL. Being only 6'0" and weighing between 310-320, Pryor is able to get underneath OL and use his leverage for an advantage against his opposition. Include his amazing speed and quickness to the aforementined size and he can cause a lot of problems for the offensive line. When he does get to high with his pad level, he has the athletic ability to gather himself and still make the play. Previous to last season, Pryor was another good player on the defensive line. Many have questioned wether he was just performing because he sees the pot at the end of the rainbow. I've seen him for 4yrs. as UF plays Kentucky every year, I don't think this past years performance is an abheration. While he really didn't shine until 2009, I think he is the real deal.

Combine
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Height:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]6002 [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Weight:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]319[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]40 Yrd Dash:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]5.08[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]20 Yrd Dash:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]2.93[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]10 Yrd Dash:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]1.67[/SIZE][/FONT]
225 Lb. Bench Reps: [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]24(ProDay because of a Chest injury at the combine)[/SIZE][/FONT]
Vertical Jump: [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]30[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Broad Jump:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]08'11"[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]20 Yrd Shuttle:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]4.75[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]3-Cone Drill:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]8.16[/SIZE][/FONT]

31. Jason Boltus QB(Hartwick) 6'3" 225lbs.

Combine
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Height:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]6026[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Weight:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]225[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]40 Yrd Dash:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]4.82[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]20 Yrd Dash:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]2.76[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]10 Yrd Dash:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]1.53[/SIZE][/FONT]
225 Lb. Bench Reps: [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]26[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Vertical Jump:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]31 1/2[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Broad Jump:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]09'03"[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]20 Yrd Shuttle:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]4.47[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]3-Cone Drill:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]7.00[/SIZE][/FONT]

I used to be high on Beck, but after seeing the ball fall out of hand 4 times that first year I was really taken aback. When I say fall, I mean the ball was not batted out, it literally fell out of his hand when reached back to throw.

The best term to describe Boltus is "Gunslinger". Jason Boltus won the D-III version of the Heisman Trophy. The numbers he put up at Hartwick(for his career) are pretty out of this world, but you have to remember the level of competition:

Attempts: 1,466
Passing Yards: 13,276
TouchDowns: 134
Interceptions: 43

Boltus holds the D-III record for career yards, 2nd all-time in career passing yards and 3rd all-time in TDs. He showed he could play with the big boys in the Texas vs. the Nation game. He knows how to buy time with his legs. Jason is a good field general and leader. Boltus has a cannon for an arm. He is strong putting up 26 reps at the combine. He has some issues with his mechanics and only has average accuracy. His anticipation of where the WR is going to be has to be improved upon. He is definitely a long term project, but he has tools. Why not take a late rd. flyer on the kid or pick him up as a FA, stick a clipboard in his hand and let him learn from Pennington.

32. DJ Boldin WR(Wake Forest) 6'0" 220lbs.
DJ Boldin is the brother of Anquan Boldin. Until this year he had only caught 26 balls. With Kerry Moore's graduation, DJ's opportunity presented itself. This past season Boldin had 77 receptions, averaging 65yards/game(second only to Hakeem Nicks who avg. 84yds/gm). Despite this he only avg. 10yds/rec. While Boldin, like his brother, is not the fastest guy(4.6/40), he uses his strength and athleticism(6'0" 220lbs.) to make plays, like his brother.

Chill, Best steal in the draft my man Ramses Barden out of Cal Poly. This guy is the next Marques Colston. My mans is 6'6" 230 with excellent hands and vertical.

33. Augustus Parrish OT(Kent State) 6'4" 305lbs.
He is a road-grading OT. Parrish has very long arms. His footwork is adequate for the collegiate ranks, but he needs to improve that area to play RT in the Pros. He needs to show he can move inside to OG, but the prevailing sentiment is that he can. Former DT, so he has some nastiness to his game. He could still add more girth to his frame. Parrish has a good inital punch.

34. Michael Ray Garvin RS(Florida State) 5'8" 182lbs.
He was listed as a CB at FSU, I profiling him as a PR/KR. He tore it up at FSU's ProDay running a 4.24 and 4.28/40. He also added a 36” vertical leap, a 10’8” broad jump and times of 4.34 seconds in the short shuttle and 6.97 seconds in the three-cone drill. Someone to look at as an UDFA.

35. Chris Baker DT(Hampton) 6'2" 326lbs.
Baker began his career at Penn State. He played a reserve role in 2006 and took over the starting role in 2007. His Penn State career never got off the ground because he was arrested twice on felony charges stemming from fights he was involved and subsequently he was dismissed from PSU. He had a fantastic season for Hampton playing DE in thier 3-4. He has the ability to play NT or DE in the 3-4. The kid is really talented and I have read that he is really a good kid that caught up in a bad situation, but it happened twice. Is he going to come and be a headcase like Manny Wright or Demetrius Underwood? Or has he left the baggage behind and is going to reach his potential? That is the million, or should I say the multi-million, dollar question. He is a Boom or Bust type. I think he'll get drafted 4th or 5th round.

Back
Top Bottom