Slimm's 2012 Underrated Prospects (Seniors) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slimm's 2012 Underrated Prospects (Seniors)

Something about the way Fuller moves reminds me of P. Burress.

Also, C. Gray reminds me a bit of A. Bradshaw. Sudden, stronger than his frame would indicate, etc.

Awesome work on both threads, Slimm.

Thanks, johd... and good call on the Cyrus Gray/Ahmad Bradshaw comparison...

Fuller isn't as big as Burress though... Fuller reminds me of Dwayne Bowe...

Thanks, johd... and good call on the Cyrus Gray/Ahmad Bradshaw comparison...

Fuller isn't as big as Burress though... Fuller reminds me of Dwayne Bowe...

Bowe makes more sense. After I posted, was going to say he reminds me more of a poor-man's Julio Jones (not an insult) - doesn't seem as explosive to me. Definitely going to revisit both of these when I had more time, but I also enjoyed watching the LB from TCU.

yeah i think dwayne bowe is the most accurate comparison...and like bowe i don't think he's fleet of foot or all that overly explosive...watching that video fuller looks pretty quick burst initially off the los but i don't see a guy thats gonna run by people at the next level and he's not overly quick or popping off the screen in and out of his breaks...i think slimms right its his route running that gives him the separation he needs against a corner like peterson...you'll notice on those videos when fuller is heading into his route vertically the further he gets down the field the more peterson is in his hip pocket and doesn't look to be exerting himself all that much to do so...i like the body though...got an nfl body

Here's some Kheeston Randle vs. Oklahoma:

[video=youtube;mz88PiWl2q0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mz88PiWl2q0&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Other than Peter Konz (underclassman), Mike Brewster is the best Senior center prospect in the country. He has terrific lower body strength and plays with a wide base. Sometimes he looks like the best player on the field for either team...

Powerful drive blocker and also has quick feet and some athletic ability pulling and trapping. A real pain in the a$$ to deal with when he gets to the second level. Intelligent kid.

Mike Brewster vs. Miami:

[video=youtube;eunPFlhl3wY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eunPFlhl3wY[/video]

Keenan Robinson is another kid who just "gets it". However, he also has the size, speed, athletic ability, instincts, and football IQ to make an impact in the NFL at linebacker.

Robinson has already graduated and has his degree (with honors)...

He also brings with him significant value to play special teams. This kid has a great shot to make it in the NFL in my opinion. This game against Oklahoma was probably his best performance of the season, where he racked up 10 solo tackles and 1.5 TFL's against the rival Sooners...

He's losing Will Muschamp as his defensive coordinator, but he gained Manny Diaz. It'll be interesting to see how he performs as a Senior in Diaz's system...

Keenan Robinson vs. Oklahoma:

[video=youtube;69EjfYX0kyE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69EjfYX0kyE[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to conclude my list of underrated Senior prospects with a few more guys from each position that are for the most part, underrated kids and a few more guys I like...

Quarterbacks:

Chandler Harnish - Northern Illinois

Austin Davis - Southern Miss

Dan Persa - Northwestern

Running Backs:

Bobby Rainey - Western Kentucky

Bryce Beall - Houston

Wide Receivers:

T.Y. Hilton - FIU

Jarrett Boykin - Virginia Tech

Jermaine Kearse - Washington

B.J. Cunningham - Michigan St.

Rishard Matthews - Nevada

Derek Moye - Penn St.

Marvin McNutt - Iowa

Kendall Wright - Baylor

Marvin Jones - California

Tight Ends:

Ladarius Green - UL Lafayette

Coby Fleener - Stanford

Offensive Tackles:

Al Netter - Northwestern

Mike Ryan - UCONN

Offensive Guards:

Rokevious Watkins - South Carolina

Brandon Mosely - Auburn

Centers:

David Molk - Michigan

William Vlachos - Alabama

Defensive Ends:

Jake Bequette - Arkansas

Marcus Robinson - Miami

Jason Peters - Georgia Tech

Adrian Robinson - Temple

Defensive Tackles:

Alameda Ta'amu - Washington

Billy Winn - Boise St.

Derek Wolfe - Cincinnati

Kheeston Randle - Texas

Linebackers:

Jericho Nelson - Arkansas (I actually like this kid better than Jerry Franklin)

Chris Marve - Vanderbilt

Cornerbacks:

Dequan Menzie - Alabama (Dre Kirkpatrick gets all the hype, but I'm here to tell you that Menzie is the best cornerback on Alabama's roster... just watch what I'm trying to tell you here...)

Tashaun Gipson - Wyoming

Brandon Boykin - Georgia (Also one of the country's most dangerous kick returners)

Morris Claiborne - LSU

Shaun Prater - Iowa

Safeties:

Markelle Martin - Oklahoma St.

Blake Gideon - Texas

Harrison Smith - Notre Dame

Winston Guy - Kentucky

George Iloka - Boise St.

I don't know if many of you caught that 63-60 boatrace last night between Toledo and NIU, but two very underrated players put on a show. Eric Page was one, he became the first MAC receiver to catch 5 TD's in a single game since Randy Moss. The other was of course, Chandler Harnish, who threw for 265 yards and 6 TD's with 0 INT's.. along with 133 rushing yards.

Harnish was only a 2-star dual-threat quarterback in the same class of '07 that included Tyrod Taylor, Cam Newton, Stephen Garcia, G.J. Kinne, Dan Persa, Ryan Tannehill, Josh Nesbitt, etc. Including guys that were moved to WR and developed into terrific receivers (Marvin McNutt at Iowa, Torrey Smith at Maryland, Keith Nichol at Michigan St., etc.)

He's a 4 year starter for NIU, and he's gotten better every year. He plays out of the shotgun in a zone read, so obviously he'll need some time to develope in the NFL, although he has athletic ability to burn, and is a natural passer of the football with adequate physical tools and arm strength. I think he's a better prospect than Pat Devlin was.

Harnish's absolute floor in the NFL is probably Tyler Thigpen, with his ceiling potentially being somewhere in the Tony Romo neighborhood, or a bigger Jeff Garcia. I think he's a very underrated prospect who'll make fine pick for some team in the middle rounds looking for a developmental quarterback to develope for a few seasons before they turn him loose.

Ted,
Here's a small school player you may not have heard of, but to keep your eye on from Bloomsburg University.

70 Daryl KurtzSr. OL6-5320

Very similar to former BU Huskie Jahari Evans. Jahari has a little more athletic ability while Kurtz will try and remove your head and relocate it to your rectum. He's damn good and can project as a day 1 starter at OG.

Just moments ago, on ESPN, there was a piece on Courtney Upshaw. It was the 1st I've heard of him. Then, I discover this thread.

Regardless of scheme, Upshaw IMO s/b the next priority behind a franchise QB.

I'm going to conclude my list of underrated Senior prospects with a few more guys from each position that are for the most part, underrated kids and a few more guys I like...

Quarterbacks:

Chandler Harnish - Northern Illinois

Austin Davis - Southern Miss

Dan Persa - Northwestern

Running Backs:

Bobby Rainey - Western Kentucky

Bryce Beall - Houston

Wide Receivers:

T.Y. Hilton - FIU

Jarrett Boykin - Virginia Tech

Jermaine Kearse - Washington

B.J. Cunningham - Michigan St.

Rishard Matthews - Nevada

Derek Moye - Penn St.

Marvin McNutt - Iowa

Kendall Wright - Baylor

Marvin Jones - California

Tight Ends:

Ladarius Green - UL Lafayette

Coby Fleener - Stanford

Offensive Tackles:

Al Netter - Northwestern

Mike Ryan - UCONN

Offensive Guards:

Rokevious Watkins - South Carolina

Brandon Mosely - Auburn

Centers:

David Molk - Michigan

William Vlachos - Alabama

Defensive Ends:

Jake Bequette - Arkansas

Marcus Robinson - Miami

Jason Peters - Georgia Tech

Adrian Robinson - Temple

Defensive Tackles:

Alameda Ta'amu - Washington

Billy Winn - Boise St.

Derek Wolfe - Cincinnati

Kheeston Randle - Texas

Linebackers:

Jericho Nelson - Arkansas (I actually like this kid better than Jerry Franklin)

Chris Marve - Vanderbilt

Cornerbacks:

Dequan Menzie - Alabama (Dre Kirkpatrick gets all the hype, but I'm here to tell you that Menzie is the best cornerback on Alabama's roster... just watch what I'm trying to tell you here...)

Tashaun Gipson - Wyoming

Brandon Boykin - Georgia (Also one of the country's most dangerous kick returners)

Morris Claiborne - LSU

Shaun Prater - Iowa

Safeties:

Markelle Martin - Oklahoma St.

Blake Gideon - Texas

Harrison Smith - Notre Dame

Winston Guy - Kentucky

George Iloka - Boise St.

Good List!

Finally some Dan Persa Love!

Too bad he missed the first three games of the season, probably the easiest on the schedule.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/237001/dan-persa

Back
Top Bottom