Slimm's 2015 Defensive Ends/OLB's | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slimm's 2015 Defensive Ends/OLB's

Watching Cincy/Ohio State film evaluating Heuerman, and there's this edge guy for Cincy Hartsfield that's standing out

Anthony Zettel of Penn State emerging a lot this year. Going into the season I thought Barnes was the best linemen on that defense, but it's been Zettel by far

I'll be the first to make the Shane Ray- Cameron Wake comparison

Nobody in this draft touches Ray for explosiveness, imo - and he has the instincts too. His hand use needs work, but that's not unusual. He's about as safe a pick as there is out there.

Dadi Nicholas of VA Tech is underrated, I believe. I could see him thriving in the pros in a Jamie Collins type role.

I'm glad that Shane Ray is starting to get some recognition. I've been onto Markus Golden literally since he put JaWuan James on his @ss when they played one another in 2013. I had been following James for multiple years at that point and was a huge fan of his so I kept revisiting his tape now and then during the season. I saw the Missouri game and saw Golden put James on his butt and thought to myself that must be a nice prospect because I've not seen anyone do that to James until now. But later when I went to revisit more Markus Golden tape, I could not help but notice Shane Ray instead.

And the thing that stands out about Ray to me is not his athleticism. I understand he's a freak of nature and all that but it has always been his brutal hand use that stood out to me. And that's something considering what a freak of nature he is.

Also I went ahead and got hold of some tape of Lynden Trail of Norfolk State. He's been invited to the Shrine Game.

For good reason. He is an absolute beast. He will stand out during practice week.

Dadi Nicholas is a hell of a player. Underrated for certain.

Lynden Trail is too. He's not even playing his best position in my estimation. He's miscast a little bit as a linebacker but was always impressive in spite of it.

It's interesting because I think Bud Dupree could be destined to be a linebacker at the next level while Lynden Trail should be more of a pure edge rusher. But they both have immense skillsets.

Also I went ahead and got hold of some tape of Lynden Trail of Norfolk State. He's been invited to the Shrine Game.

For good reason. He is an absolute beast. He will stand out during practice week.

Unless draftbreakdown posts any I'm SOL on Trail tape.

Slimm, I didn't expect Max Valles to declare, but I was watching him as a potential top-15 pick for next season. Any thoughts on where you'd be willing to draft him? I see him as no worse than a 3rd, who could sneak into if he has a great combine.

Slimm, I didn't expect Max Valles to declare, but I was watching him as a potential top-15 pick for next season. Any thoughts on where you'd be willing to draft him? I see him as no worse than a 3rd, who could sneak into if he has a great combine.

Honestly I was a little surprised that he declared. I think he needed to go back to Virginia and develope for another year. What's obvious is that he has length and athleticism. However, on tape it's apparent that opposing offenses were more concerned with scheming Eli Harold, as he was the more known defender. This provided a lot of opportunities for Valles to make plays as a pass rusher matched up with backs and tight ends.

If he demonstrates that he can beat top tackles in the pre-draft process, his stock will certainly rise and justify his decision to enter the draft. Understands to get his hands up and bat down passes at the LOS if he can't get to the quarterback. Although right now he needs to get stronger and doesn't shed blocks well... needs to learn how to use his hands more to disengage.

Valles must be developed and is purely an upside prospect. His tape is full of flaws right now that he'll need to be coached up on. I'd say 75-100 range overall is about right.

Slimm what do you think of Joey Bosa? I know he's a true sophomore and not draft eligible, but I was just curious to see if you're as high on him as I am. Thanks.

Slimm what do you think of Joey Bosa? I know he's a true sophomore and not draft eligible, but I was just curious to see if you're as high on him as I am. Thanks.

Bosa is without question the top DE in college football. If you were to ask me right now, he'd be the guy I'd take #1 overall next year. He's that elite of a prospect. However, he's not the only elite prospect Ohio St. has....which I'll talk more about fairly soon. They have three...

Back
Top Bottom