Slimm's 2015 Quarterbacks (Underclassman) | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slimm's 2015 Quarterbacks (Underclassman)

After taking some time to watch Gunner Kiel and really break down what little tape he has, I'm here to tell you that this kid looks like an all timer. There's just no denying it.

His poise in the pocket for such a young, inexperienced quarterback is extremely advanced. His arm is launching rockets way downfield, and zipping 30 yard passes into closing windows between two defenders. His accuracy is tremendous on all throws to all areas of the field.

He threw for 319 yards and 4 touchdowns in just over 12 minutes of possession time on the road in The Horseshoe against a ranked Ohio St. The Buckeyes looked scared to death. They ain't seen nothing like this before.

Junior receiver Chris Moore (who's #18 on my list of underclassman WR's) is averaging over 42 yards/reception with 5 TD's on only 6 catches this year with Kiel throwing him the ball.

This kid is ****y and confident as hell on the football field. He's that good and he carries himself as though he knows it. The opponents know it pretty quick.

If you had to rank Jameis, Kiel, Cook, Hundley and Mariota how would you? I wanna see more but Kiel looks like the real deal for sure. I'm with you 100% this is the QB I want Miami to take.

The tight window throws over the middle for Gunner particularly stood out. Especially some of the touchdowns. Impressive.

If you had to rank Jameis, Kiel, Cook, Hundley and Mariota how would you? I wanna see more but Kiel looks like the real deal for sure. I'm with you 100% this is the QB I want Miami to take.

I haven't seen enough of Gunner Kiel yet to rank him among those yet. I need to see more to get a feel for his decision making habits and how he handles pressure.

What I can tell you right now is that physically he belongs right in there with 'em. He has the makings of an elite quarterback prospect.

I can also tell you that I've always liked Brett Hundley more than most. Love that kid. He can play quarterback for me.

I haven't seen enough of Gunner Kiel yet to rank him among those yet. I need to see more to get a feel for his decision making habits and how he handles pressure.

What I can tell you right now is that physically he belongs right in there with 'em. He has the makings of an elite quarterback prospect.

I can also tell you that I've always liked Brett Hundley more than most. Love that kid. He can play quarterback for me.

Not a bad year to need a quarterback

Absolutely. That's been the case with Driskel since he got there.

There were receivers that had stacked their man and were open running down the seams against Bama but Driskel was missing 'em by 4 yards. He has no sense of timing or accuracy. He's honestly as bad of an SEC quarterback as I've ever seen. I feel sorry for the kid.

He's a terrific athlete. Somebody should've made him a skill position player a long time ago. That my friend, is not all his fault.

True. His other problem is that he was grossly overrated coming out of high school. "Oh he's such a dynamic athlete. Such a strong arm. He's good enough to play in any system." Then Roper comes in and the narrative magically changes to "Well this is the system he was recruited to play in, so it will get better."

I don't know whether to :bobdole: or just :lol:

I was wondering if there was something I was missing with Brett Hundley. I had a 2nd/3rd round grade on him. I went back and watched Nebraska, Cal, Oregon, Washington in 2013 and Virginia 2014. I have a solid 2nd round grade on him. His deep ball is better than I previously gave him credit for. I can't fully endorse him as a franchise quarterback. I think he's an average starter.

Not a bad year to need a quarterback

Not so sure.

Jameis Winston and his family have been consistent in their message that he would stay in school until he got his degree, and that means the 2016 draft, not the 2015 draft. Jacoby Brissett and Gunner Kiel are both in their first year starting. Typically scouts will advise both to stay until they've got at least two years under their belts. Unless the stars line up and one of them is on a Cam Newton rocket ship, which I doubt as neither team will be in championship contention, I doubt very much either comes out.

Real x-factor is Connor Cook. Not voted a captain this year, loss to Oregon may have ended their championship hopes. He WILL be a graduate in time for the 2015 draft but he could stay anyway, be a captain, lead his team on a championship run, etc. I could see him making either choice.

If those guys don't come out you've got Mariota, Hundley and a senior class with a lot of warts. And both Mariota and Hundley have warts themselves.

RT has to develop. That is the best alternative of them all.

Not so sure.

Jameis Winston and his family have been consistent in their message that he would stay in school until he got his degree, and that means the 2016 draft, not the 2015 draft. Jacoby Brissett and Gunner Kiel are both in their first year starting. Typically scouts will advise both to stay until they've got at least two years under their belts. Unless the stars line up and one of them is on a Cam Newton rocket ship, which I doubt as neither team will be in championship contention, I doubt very much either comes out.

Real x-factor is Connor Cook. Not voted a captain this year, loss to Oregon may have ended their championship hopes. He WILL be a graduate in time for the 2015 draft but he could stay anyway, be a captain, lead his team on a championship run, etc. I could see him making either choice.

If those guys don't come out you've got Mariota, Hundley and a senior class with a lot of warts. And both Mariota and Hundley have warts themselves.

Do you think Brissett is a realistic possibility to come out? Someone at FSU I trust very much has told me 99.9% chance Jameis is gone. He also said pretty much every underclassmen at FSU is gone.

I feel like Kiel is a real wild card. He's got incredible talent. I don't know if he will pass up a 1st round grade if he gets one. I'm on the fence on Connor Cook. Not ready to give a grade as I've only seen him play vs. Minnesota, Michigan State, Stanford in 2013 and Oregon this year. If I had to I have him in the 2nd/3rd round range. But it's too premature I could easily give him a 1st round grade as I've only seen 1 game this year.

Current grades that I have locked in
Jameis- Top 10
Mariota- 1st round
Hundley- 2nd round

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 PM ----------

RT has to develop. That is the best alternative of them all.

I'm not gonna hold my breath

RT has shown a lot of promise in his first few years. Maybe at some point this year the light bulb goes on with this new offense and there is something to build on. We shall see.

RT has shown a lot of promise in his first few years. Maybe at some point this year the light bulb goes on with this new offense and there is something to build on. We shall see.

I think it would be stupid not to let him play out the last year of his rookie deal. But has he earned the 5th year option? **** no

Back
Top Bottom