Slimm's November 2013 NFL Draft Position Rankings (Seniors) | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slimm's November 2013 NFL Draft Position Rankings (Seniors)

some very good LBs in the senior class. I can only imagine that some Cane fans are a little irritated that Arthur Brown didn't work out with them.

I don't know many prospects that have hurt themselves more than TJ McDonald. Would've been a first rounder last year, but the kid is SO undisciplined.

Senior class may not have any WOW WRs, but there are a few in there that I wouldn't mind having on the team.

some very good LBs in the senior class. I can only imagine that some Cane fans are a little irritated that Arthur Brown didn't work out with them.

I don't know many prospects that have hurt themselves more than TJ McDonald. Would've been a first rounder last year, but the kid is SO undisciplined.

Senior class may not have any WOW WRs, but there are a few in there that I wouldn't mind having on the team.
I'm a little irritated about Arthur Brown but that was Randy Shannon...I don't know of a single player he every developed. A lot of guys he had blossomed in the NFL after getting proper coaching and a better weight training program. Randy didn't want players bulking up and getting stronger, he wanted them lean and fast...a good reason this team still gets pushed around...can't solve all those issues in a couple of seasons.

There is one guy on the Canes team I would love to have...that's a senior this year (there are a few juniors but I really hope they come back because they've got little chance of being drafted before the 6th round)...and that's Mike James.

Outside Linebacker: (4-3)

Tier 1 (Top 25-50 Grade)

Khaseem Greene / Rutgers

Jake Knott / Iowa St.

Tier 2 (Top 75-125 Grade)

Mike Taylor / Wisconsin

Jamie Collins / Southern Miss

Tier 3 (Top 150-200 Grade)

Keith Pough / Howard

Sio Moore / UCONN

Daren Bates / Auburn

Gerald Hodges / Penn St.

Tier 4 (Top 225-250 Grade)

Winston Fraser / FIU

Kenny Tate / Maryland

Zaviar Gooden / Missouri

Devonte Holloman / South Carolina

Sam Barrington / South Florida

Joseph Lebeau / Jackson St.

Sean Porter / Texas A&M

Travis Brown / Fresno St.

Jeron Gouveia-Winslow / Virginia Tech

*Note*

Joseph Lebeau plays with his hand on the ground lined up at various techniques for Jackson St. and also plays from a 2-point stance as a traditional 10-technique. He'll make the transition to stand-up linebacker in order to play in the NFL at 6'0", 245 pounds.

Keith Pough just set the FCS record in TFL's with 66.... and he's still adding to it. Lebeau and Pough are two of the better small school linebackers I've scouted in the last couple of years. I think both can play at the next level, which is why they appear in this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
arthur brown is a bad ass...i was trying to pluck that in the 3rd round...i think he's just about the same level pro as manti teo just in a smaller package...and he'll cost you less to get him...

his size is gonna hurt some i'd say but he's this years lavonte david...slightly less explosive version though

Cornerback:

Tier 1 (Top 25-50 Grade)

Jordan Poyer / Oregon St.

Johnthan Banks / Mississippi St.

Desmond Trufant / Washington

Leon McFadden / San Diego St.

D.J. Hayden / Houston

Blidi Wreh-Wilson / UCONN

Terry Hawthorne / Illinois

Will Davis / Utah St.

Micah Hyde / Iowa

Jamar Taylor / Boise St.

Robert Alford / S.E. Louisiana

Darius Slay / Mississippi St.

B.W. Webb / William & Mary

Greg Brown / Kansas

Kayvon Webster / South Florida

Troy Stoudermire / Minnesota

Rod Sweeting / Georgia Tech

Khalid Wooten / Nevada

Tier 4 (Top 225-250 Grade)

Broderick Brown / Oklahoma St.

Johnny Adams / Michigan St.

Travis Howard / Ohio St.

Demontre Hurst / Oklahoma

Josh Johnson / Purdue

Dwayne Gratz / UCONN

Prentiss Waggner / Tennessee

T'Sharvan Bell / Auburn

Nigel Malone / Kansas St.

Adrian Bushell / Louisville

Allen Chapman / Kansas St.

Sheldon Price / UCLA

Corey Broomfield / Mississippi St.

*Note*

Greg Reid tore his ACL back in August after transferring to Valdosta St. from Florida St., and was lost for the year. His options are to enter the draft, or attempt to get a medical redshirt. If he chooses to enter the draft he'll be in Tier 4 of my cornerback group.

Robert Alford and B.W. Webb are two outstanding small school defensive backs that I've long been of interest. Webb in particular has proven the ability to shut down FBS competition, and played a great game against Maryland early in the year.

Defensive End: ( *OLB denotes the player could also draw interest as a stand-up outside linebacker with teams that utilize odd fronts)

Tier 1 (Top 25-50 Grade)

Cornellius Carradine / Florida St.

Ezekiel Ansah / BYU (OLB)

Datone Jones / UCLA

Alex Okafor / Texas

Chase Thomas / Stanford (OLB)

Dion Jordan / Oregon (OLB)

Travis Johnson / San Jose St. (OLB)

Quanterus Smith / Western Kentucky (OLB)

Travis Long / Washington St. (OLB)

Tourek Williams / FIU

Michael Buchanan / Illinois (OLB)

Trevardo Williams / UCONN (OLB)

Devin Taylor / South Carolina

John Simon / Ohio St.

Lavar Edwards / LSU

Tier 3 (Top 225-250 Grade)

Meshak Williams / Kansas St. (OLB)

David Bass / Missouri Western St.

Willie Jefferson / Stephen F. Austin (OLB)

Lerentee McCray / Florida (OLB)

Cameron Meredith / Nebraska

Tenarius Wright / Arkansas (OLB)

*Note*

If Brandon Jenkins declares he'll be in Tier 3.

Dion Jordan came to Oregon as a wide receiver, and still appears as if he could play the position if he wanted to. Some of the things Nick Aliotti does with Jordan athletically are not supposed to be done by a defensive end. However, he doesn't have the core strength to play defensive end on a down after down basis, which is why Aliotti tries to be so creative with him. Jordan must fill out his lower half especially, and add some mass to his lower body in order to hold up at the point of attack.

Ezekiel Ansah is suprisingly strong with his core strength, and looks to have plenty of functional football strength at the point of attack. Incredible athlete with rare speed for his size... has been timed at 10.9 in the 100 meters at 6'6", 270. The track background is impressive, but you have to watch him play and understand defensive line technique in order to appreciate how good of a football player he is right now. Has the potential to be the best DE out of this class, including the underclassman.

David Bass and Willie Jefferson are tremendous small school prospects who dominate their competition. Jefferson is a transfer from Baylor who played WR in high school similar to Dion Jordan. At 6'5", 235 pounds, has the same build and many of the same athletic qualities that Jordan brings, along with the same type of developmental shortcomings.

Lerentee McCray is a hybrid player that always flashes some playmaking ability when given the chance. Could be a better pro than college player if he ends up in the right system.

Cornellius Carradine has fulfilled the lofty expectations I placed on him back in the spring when he was considered nothing more than rotational end behind Werner and Brandon Jenkins. I studied him last year during his spot duty and saw a kid that had the ability to dominate as a starter. In fact, he would've already been starting for Ohio St. had he qualified academically. Just a tremendous athlete with the physical ability to be a pro-bowl caliber player. Energy, effort, and competitiveness are all simpy too much for offensive lines to handle.

I don't know about Travis Johnson being an OLB...he looks awfully small on film, I highly doubt he measures 6'3" like they have him listed. He also seems a little stiff in the hips.

Slimm, you have Quinton Patton in your Tier 1. I see a lot of body catches and some drops in there. I don't see him high point the ball, catch away from the security of his breadbasket as often as he should. I would worry about that aspect, but he has pace and is a YAC machine. If his catching technique was better, I could see Sherman salivating over Patton.

Im just not sure about him.

Slimm, would Carradine be toward the top of your list of players you'd target in the first round if your the Dolphins? Reminds me a little of a J. Allen. Sneaky athletic and relentless.

I've also watched every game Geno has played in college... most of 'em several times over in fact. That's typically what I'm doing while most of you are watching the NFL.

You're right about one thing... he's nowhere close to Blaine Gabbert. Geno can actually produce in college, doesn't bail the pocket against a 3 man rush, and doesn't try to deliver passes with his eyes closed.

gabberteyesclosed-1.jpg

Considering Griffin and Cam Newton were both essentially "garbage you wouldn't waste a 7th rounder on", Geno has to be close in your estimation.

Are you sure you have watched Geno's myth? Cause if I were you bro, Id uuuugghhhhh.... "put the tape in" :lol: of his last 5 games, watch them again and be real careful about proclaiming he can play in the NFL. :lol:

He's terrible. I have a hard time believing you are watching these games. If you have, I dont know what to tell you. He cant play against legit defenses like he would face in the NFL. The pressure bugs him. He cant throw downfield very well. Last week against TCU he was like 31 of 52 and about 20 of those completions were behind the LOS.

He raked up a bunch of stats against terrible defenses when he had all day to throw and 2 NFL caliber WRs who were toasting the guys trying to cover him. Dont forget the insta push play that counts as a pass where he tips the snap to Tavon Austin who does all the work. Genos myth is a joke.

I remember Awsi pointed out RG3s attitude to us to on some forgotten plays from his days. If you have watched the last few weeks you wouldve noticed Geno's piss poor attitude. He is Scam Newtoning it out there. He threw a INT vs. TCU and didnt even bother trying to chase down the tackle. He just started walking towards the sideline with terrible body language. He's a loser.

He can put up big stats when there is no pressure and guys are wide open. A good eye for talent wouldve noticed that is all he was doing even before he was exposed in the last 5 weeks. All he has is stats and when you throw up his stats from the last 5 weeks even those arent impressive.

He also plays in a QB friendly system in a league notorius for churning out QBs who put up big numbers then bust in the NFL. Granted last 2 season he played in the Big East.

Just take a look at what Weeden did in that very same offensive system vs the Big 12 last year. Weedens numbers were way better than what Geno is going to put up in league competition this year Im sure. Genos myth also has a better set of WRs than Weeden did. Weeden is a far superior player and he is a borderline NFL starter.

This is the most asinine post ever. It shows you know absolutely nothing about football.

We will see homeboy. You should be careful about a comment like that. It will have you changing your SN to come back on here.

What do you see that is so impressive about Genos myth over the last 5 weeks. I couldve understood people being fooled by the stats when he played a bunch of nobodies, I mean I obviously wasnt but, I could get some people falling for it, but now it should be obvious to people he isnt any good.

Are you sure you have watched Geno's myth? Cause if I were you bro, Id uuuugghhhhh.... "put the tape in" :lol: of his last 5 games, watch them again and be real careful about proclaiming he can play in the NFL. :lol:

He's terrible. I have a hard time believing you are watching these games. If you have, I dont know what to tell you. He cant play against legit defenses like he would face in the NFL. The pressure bugs him. He cant throw downfield very well. Last week against TCU he was like 31 of 52 and about 20 of those completions were behind the LOS.

He raked up a bunch of stats against terrible defenses when he had all day to throw and 2 NFL caliber WRs who were toasting the guys trying to cover him. Dont forget the insta push play that counts as a pass where he tips the snap to Tavon Austin who does all the work. Genos myth is a joke.

I remember Awsi pointed out RG3s attitude to us to on some forgotten plays from his days. If you have watched the last few weeks you wouldve noticed Geno's piss poor attitude. He is Scam Newtoning it out there. He threw a INT vs. TCU and didnt even bother trying to chase down the tackle. He just started walking towards the sideline with terrible body language. He's a loser.

He can put up big stats when there is no pressure and guys are wide open. A good eye for talent wouldve noticed that is all he was doing even before he was exposed in the last 5 weeks. All he has is stats and when you throw up his stats from the last 5 weeks even those arent impressive.

He also plays in a QB friendly system in a league notorius for churning out QBs who put up big numbers then bust in the NFL. Granted last 2 season he played in the Big East.

Just take a look at what Weeden did in that very same offensive system vs the Big 12 last year. Weedens numbers were way better than what Geno is going to put up in league competition this year Im sure. Genos myth also has a better set of WRs than Weeden did. Weeden is a far superior player and he is a borderline NFL starter.

I have a hard time believing you have watched these games considering the way you talk about him. You don't have to like him, but you're simply not going to convince me that he can't play in the NFL... I know better. Let's just stick with facts instead...

1. The "insta-push" play has an actual term.... it's run by a lot of teams, including Weeden at Oklahoma St.

2. Chasing down interceptions has nothing to do with projecting a QB to the NFL. I've seen Hall of Fame quarterbacks like Marino with their chin strap unbuckled walking to the sidelines while a DB was returning one of his INT's for a score... more times than I can count.

3. Geno had put WV in position to win the TCU game twice.... only to see his defense give up a 90+ yard touchdown to Josh Boyce with just over a minute left. He STILL put WV in position to win the game with a field goal in regulation, only to see the kicker miss. Gary Patterson knew he couldn't continue hanging with Geno in overtime, which is why he went for the 2 point conversion that won the game.

4. Geno's receivers aren't wide open, he's making perfect throws into tight coverage. Go right back to the TD pass he threw to Bailey in overtime in the TCU game we were just talking about. Not to mention, that was a downfield throw. The notion that he can't throw downfield simply cannot be taken seriously.

5. The problem with WV is the defense. They wouldn't even be competitive without Geno Smith pulling the trigger. WV ranks 121st out of 124 teams in scoring defense, giving up over 41 points per game. They're also 105th in allowing opponents to convert 3rd downs. The defense can't get off the field, allowing opponents to convert nearly 47% of their 3rd down opportunities.

6. Weeden was throwing to a receiver that went top 5 in the draft. None of Geno's receivers are going top 5 in the draft.

7. Geno is much more efficient running Holgorsen's offense than Weeden because he's much less turnover prone. Weeden had 9 games over his last 2 seasons in which he threw multiple interceptions. Geno has only had 4 such games over his last two seasons, and two of 'em were against teams that were either the #1 or #2 team in the country (LSU and Kansas St.) that also had two of the best defenses in the country.

8. Weeden's Oklahoma St. team led the country in forcing turnovers last year. They forced 44 turnovers. Geno's defense doesn't know whether to wind their butts or scratch their watch.

9. There's two areas that are vital to playing the quarterback position..... 3rd downs and redzone, Geno Smith is yet to commit a turnover in either situation. He's completing 62.3% of his passes in 3rd down situations, throwing 5 TD's and 0 INT's. In the redzone, he's completing over 65% of his passes while throwing 17 TD's and 0 INT's. In clutch situations such as 3rd down and redzone, he's thrown 22 TD's and 0 INT's.

The only problem I have with Geno Smith is at times he'll tend to lock on to his first progression and misdiagnose certain coverages like almost all quarterbacks do. Kansas St. forced him into 2 INT's in the same situation versus the same coverage. He's a lot like Ryan Tannehill in terms of not always using his athletic ability to his advantage in order to extend the play, reset his feet, and move on to his 2nd or 3rd progression.

Geno Smith struggling and at his worst is at least as effective as Ryan Tannehill was today against the Titans, or as useful as Blaine Gabbert is 99% of the time. I'll wager anything you want on that.

I don't know about Travis Johnson being an OLB...he looks awfully small on film, I highly doubt he measures 6'3" like they have him listed. He also seems a little stiff in the hips.

I believe playing outside linebacker is essentially his best and only option for a sustained NFL career. He has experience playing from a 2-point stance and they use him a lot in that role. If he measures smaller than what he's listed, that only pushes him even further away from the DE position and more towards outside linebacker.

I think he's a terrific fit at OLB in the right system. I remember everyone telling me Jarrett Johnson couldn't play OLB in the NFL when he came out of Alabama. I view Travis Johnson as a similar type athlete without the core strength that Jarrett had to really set the edge against the run.

Slimm, would Carradine be toward the top of your list of players you'd target in the first round if your the Dolphins? Reminds me a little of a J. Allen. Sneaky athletic and relentless.

Absolutely. I'd have Carradine towards the top if I were any team in the market for a defensive end. Although right now I think I may have a chance to get him in the top of the 2nd round also. That could change by draft time. I don't see any way he gets out of the top 50 though.

Back
Top Bottom