So Gase, Grier and Tannenbaum will all be back | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So Gase, Grier and Tannenbaum will all be back

Completely disagree...the 2016 draft looks great with performance at premiere positions. I won't comment on pro bowl status as it's a joke...more popularity contest than anything.

• Tunsil at LT (critical position): he's been good, just not great and folks expected HoF day 1
  • Howard at CB (premiere position) - looks very solid with flashes of greatness; If he continues to grow, he'll be a stalwart for us for a while
  • Drake at RB - looks like a game changer with the ball in his hands; very impressed with the extras he brings - pass blocking is excellent...so underrated for RBs by many fans
  • Grant at WR/Return Spec. - I'll start eating crow if he continues to evolve...thought his hands were too bad to make it in the NFL. Appears to have worked through that issue. Well beyond expectations of a 6th
  • Lucas - Doubt he'll see the field much other than ST, but I see him making plays on ST. If he can be a solid contributor on ST and (deep) depth at S/CB, that's excellent for a 6th.
It's a shame about the Carroo pick as we gave up extra to get him. Maybe the light turns on for him, but even if he's not on the roster next year the guys above make it a very strong draft if they continue their play and progression.

2017...waaaay to early to judge, but...
  • Harris flashed enough that I think he has potential to be at least a good pass rusher. His run D was way too hit or miss. Needs to improve but looks like he has the tools and, from reports, the work ethic to do so.
  • Big hopes for McMillian at a HUGE position of need.
  • Tankersly showed enough raw skills as a rook that I think he'll be a nice asset going forward...especially as the assignments become second nature.
  • Godchaux looks like he is a starter caliber at DT...or at a minimum excellent rotation player. Great production and outlook for a 5th
  • Taylor looks like good rotation at DT...again, awesome for a 6th
It would be great if Asiata contributes next year as we need a long upgrade at G.

I'd love another draft like the last two...especially if we could hit at DE, LB, TE and FS (I hate the interchangeable safety philosophy and want a real ballhawking FS with great range and cover skills!)
I think the 2017 draft can turn out to be very good but in the 2018 draft I'm hoping for a more impact player with our first round pick. I'll admit that I was ok with the Harris pick at the time but I don't see super star there at all. I'm hoping he gets better and become solid but the lack of speed is showing as a pass rusher and not very good against the run. The one thing he has going for him is that he works hard and wants to be better.

Ozzy rules!!

I think the 2017 draft can turn out to be very good but in the 2018 draft I'm hoping for a more impact player with our first round pick. I'll admit that I was ok with the Harris pick at the time but I don't see super star there at all. I'm hoping he gets better and become solid but the lack of speed is showing as a pass rusher and not very good against the run. The one thing he has going for him is that he works hard and wants to be better.

Ozzy rules!!

I don't see a superstar in the making either. I'll be happy if he's a good 3 down DE that gets us high single digit sacks. Id love to get a super star at 11...especially at the DE or LB position!

Looks pretty damn average to me. I still have hopes for Tunsil but I don't see any future pro bowlers on that list, we' ll see how McMillan pans out, I have high hopes for him too.

It's certainly a better two year "haul" than we're used to. Not sure there are pro bowlers in the group either, although Howard could be one. His game against New England was one of the best games I've ever seen a defensive back have for Miami. The Dolphins likely lose the game without those two takeaways.

Tunsil is the real enigma because the talent is obvious, but the production isn't there. Could a new offensive line coach help him reach another level? Maybe.

Some decent contributors in that group as well.

The problem is that our fan base thought we were better than we were. The analyst did not suffer from that opinion. Coach Gase did a great job in his first season to get this team to the playoffs. It was going to take a very good year with RT to repeat. After RT was lost, it would have taken supreme coaching to repeat. I do believe he had a below average year. If he has lost you after one great year and one below average year where we go 6-10 without our starting QB, the you are fickle.
I have preached this point till it hurts, the Dolphins were not/are not a good team and going deep into the playoffs was more wishful thinking than reality.

I don't see a superstar in the making either. I'll be happy if he's a good 3 down DE that gets us high single digit sacks. Id love to get a super star at 11...especially at the DE or LB position!
For him to be a 3 down DE he'll have to get much better playing the run but so far he hasn't so at this point we have two DE that don't play the run well at all. Anyone that says we don't need another DE is delusional

Ozzy rules!!

Remember Chuck Pagano didn't get a free pass for not having his franchise QB this year. It's time to win when it counts!

Remember Chuck Pagano didn't get a free pass for not having his franchise QB this year. It's time to win when it counts!

if that was the only reason he got fired for... or could it have been that the team as a whole has moved backward and/or the ownership is just slightly nutz

you're preaching to the choir but there's nothing we can do. Ross always does everything 2 years too late

Ozzy rules!!
Something you can afford to do when you're a billionaire…:(

Back
Top Bottom