So What Do You Think Will Eventually Happen With Matt Moore? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So What Do You Think Will Eventually Happen With Matt Moore?

I hope no other teams promise him a starting role upon signing a contract. I hope everyone lowballs him and he winds us resigning with the phins at a fair backup price. If we lose Matt Moore we will need to replace him. I dont think there is a more quality player to bring in a a backup QB than Matt Moore.

I hope he stays, he's one of my favorite dolphins. Class act too, how he accepted his backup role to Tannehill.

he is a career back up -- he can go in a throw some nice passes - he can sling the ball deep since he really has nothing too loose - 2 year 5 -6 million deal

I hope no other teams promise him a starting role upon signing a contract. I hope everyone lowballs him and he winds us resigning with the phins at a fair backup price. If we lose Matt Moore we will need to replace him. I dont think there is a more quality player to bring in a a backup QB than Matt Moore.

Dream on.

Please stop making these threads. It just gives the mob more opportunity to hate.

If Moore would have been name the starter I can't help but think we would have finished with 3 more wins at least.

He didn't get an off season and was signed very late last season and see what he got done.

I really think he winds up with the Jets. He's the only available FA QB they can afford because of cap.

He signs with someone that drafts a QB this year and starts until the RC is ready. Possibly for the entire season. He then goes back to being one of the better backups in the league... My guess is Arizona

I think he can be a starter in this league, but I totally agree on your take on Moore. Matt has to make a decision...does he try to snag a starter's job in this league and get yanked around by a new coach and young QB or does he become part of the "fabric" of Coach Philbin's regime?

If I were him and I could get a quality deal in Miami, I would come back to South Fla. I could do a lot worse.

I think he goes on his own. Miami will offer him something but he wants to start and there will be plenty of opportunity in the league this year.

Right now, Matt is the second best QB in the division not named "Brady." He's made his teams better with him under center - and that includes his total time as a starter with Carolina vs the comparable number of games Cam Newton was under center. The "career backup" stereotype is malarky for a guy who's about 28 yrs old and presently capable of being the starter on Buffalo, the jest, KC, AZ and Tennessee among others. I think an argument can be made that he'd be no less effective than Alex Smith if it were he on the same roster and with the same QB-whisperer HC. Ain't no way he's staying and teams that are not too far away like AZ and WRs like Fitz can ride with last season's 4th most accurate long passer for at least a year and maybe 2 until a high potential recently drafted mid round QB develops - and maybe even indefinitely if he does a Rich Gannon Oakland type re-enactment. Unfortunately he's gone but who could blame him?

Right now, Matt is the second best QB in the division not named "Brady." He's made his teams better with him under center - and that includes his total time as a starter with Carolina vs the comparable number of games Cam Newton was under center. The "career backup" stereotype is malarky for a guy who's about 28 yrs old and presently capable of being the starter on Buffalo, the jest, KC, AZ and Tennessee among others. I think an argument can be made that he'd be no less effective than Alex Smith if it were he on the same roster and with the same QB-whisperer HC. Ain't no way he's staying and teams that are not too far away like AZ and WRs like Fitz can ride with last season's 4th most accurate long passer for at least a year and maybe 2 until a high potential recently drafted mid round QB develops - and maybe even indefinitely if he does a Rich Gannon Oakland type re-enactment. Unfortunately he's gone but who could blame him?

The guy is a quality player and is too often overlooked. I just dont understand why so many teams are starved for a QB and yet Moore never gets the opportunity. A team like Arizona would be wise to sign this guy and hand over the keys. Promise him they wont draft a QB. I think the last thing he wants to do is go somewhere that will draft a QB that eventually they will be forced to play. That would force him to play lights out in order to keep his job. He has been through that ringer enough already. If he goes in and plays above average somewhere, they will not let a rookie sit for more than 1 season. Hell, if he plays great but the team dosent win everyone will be crying to start whoever they drafted. Its a joke. IMHO he is a better player than Alex Smith. If you put Matt Moore on a quality team he is good enough to win whatever it is they want to try and win.

Why would he stay here. He earned a chance to start last year, and he wasn't given one. He is going to move on pretty quickly.

Back
Top Bottom