So What Do You Think Will Eventually Happen With Matt Moore? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So What Do You Think Will Eventually Happen With Matt Moore?

My hope is Miami, my concern is the Jets but I'll settle for Arizona.

Arizona would have made a playoff push with Matt. They should have desperately traded for him during the season because the consequence is that it got people fired and wasted another year of Fitzgerald's career. It would be nice to have Matt back but if he gets a chance somewhere else I wish him the best. He's severely underrated by some of you. He is at worst an excellent backup, great leader, and a valuable player for any team.

Wherever he goes he will not be given the starting job...he will have to win it,,,that being said..i say he stays here or goes to the steelers and backs up big ben or ryan.

Arizona would have made a playoff push with Matt. They should have desperately traded for him during the season because the consequence is that it got people fired and wasted another year of Fitzgerald's career. It would be nice to have Matt back but if he gets a chance somewhere else I wish him the best. He's severely underrated by some of you. He is at worst an excellent backup, great leader, and a valuable player for any team.

With ARZ offensive line, he would have been on IR with the rest of the QBs.

My bet is he ends up in BUF.

Matt will leave and he will take my best wishes with him. He has been great as a Dolphin; both on and off the field. Wherever he goes I will root for him (unless he becomes a Jet) and I hope he has a good career.

Can't blame him if he wants the opportunity to start somewhere. If Moore is comfortable at backup I wouldn't want to keep him. Get me a backup who wants to be the starter.

nobody tries to pick him up because he sucks. his ceilling is as high as it will ever be and thats a game manager. People don't go crazy over game managers. the guy has thrown for 300 yards once in his career. the great "success" you people talk about stemmed from the defense waking up and our ability to run the ball. Henne's game against NE last season would have been the best of moore's career. Hell, henne had a couple games with the jags that top anything moore has done. Flynn had games as a back up in green bay that moore would never have and Tannehills games against the colts and cardinals this year are things you'd never expect from moore.

Moore is a back up lever player. period.

During Hard Knocks last offseason, we all witnessed Philbin's man crush on Pat Devlin. Devlin also played decent in preseason. Those things foreshadow Matt Moore's parting wiht our team. I'd love to keep him, but someone else will likely offer him more than backup money.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah, he earned it, and then was beaten out by better competition so he did not deserve to start this year. You do understand what competition is dont you?
Why would he stay here. He earned a chance to start last year, and he wasn't given one. He is going to move on pretty quickly.

During Hard Knocks last offseason, we all witnessed Philbin's man crush on Pat Devlin. Devlin also played decent in preseason. Those things foreshadow Matt Moore's parting wiht our team. I'd love to keep him, but someone else will likely offer him more than backup money.

Thinking Devlin is a good third choice QB does not make him a good backup qb.

Thinking Devlin is a good third choice QB does not make him a good backup qb.

Being a 3rd string QB is a backup QB. Besides, Philbin is constantly talking about developing his own players. Devlin as a backup to Tannehill is definitely plausible.

Being a 3rd string QB is a backup QB. Besides, Philbin is constantly talking about developing his own players. Devlin as a backup to Tannehill is definitely plausible.
Philbin doesn't make the personnel decisions. If I'm Ireland I would bring Moore back in case Tannehill gets hurt or struggles he'll need a guy to come in and save his job.

I agree, we have been developing devlin to be tannehills back up.

I think Moore signs with the chiefs or another team that drafts a qb high. He will battle it out in tc with them and probably start next year. He will sign with the team that gives him the best chance to start.

I think he can be a starter in this league, but I totally agree on your take on Moore. Matt has to make a decision...does he try to snag a starter's job in this league and get yanked around by a new coach and young QB or does he become part of the "fabric" of Coach Philbin's regime?

If I were him and I could get a quality deal in Miami, I would come back to South Fla. I could do a lot worse.

Hayden. Dude! Moore is a Career Back Up. You know how you know? When they told him during Hard Knocks, he bent over and took it. Marino would have thrown his Playbook and Slammed the Door. Any QB with "IT" would have done the Same. No NFL Team is going to let him Lead.

Devlin > Moore

Back
Top Bottom