So What Do You Think Will Eventually Happen With Matt Moore? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So What Do You Think Will Eventually Happen With Matt Moore?

Philbin doesn't make the personnel decisions.

Hope you still have Hard Knocks on your DVR. Philbin wanted to cut Clyde Gates. Ireland wanted to keep him. Where is Gates now?

Philbin has more influence than you realize over his roster. I'm sure if he told Ireland that Devlin is ready to be the #2, then Devlin would be the #2. I dont see Ireland forcing him to keep Moore.

Hope you still have Hard Knocks on your DVR. Philbin wanted to cut Clyde Gates. Ireland wanted to keep him. Where is Gates now?

Philbin has more influence than you realize over his roster. I'm sure if he told Ireland that Devlin is ready to be the #2, then Devlin would be the #2. I dont see Ireland forcing him to keep Moore.
Ireland will be fired if he doesn't win next year, if Tannehill bombs or gets hurt do you really think he'll trust a guy like Devlin to save his job? I don't.

Guy has played his cards right for sure. You can make a lot of money and stay in this league for a long time with backup/avg starting ability if you can be professional. They should teach this day 1 at rookie camp. Because a lot of people lose A LOT of money for the fact that they can't be professional and see the bigger picture.

Matt Moore is just that kind of guy. Super competitive but you can tell he's just the strictest professional but out of sincerity rather than necessity.

The fact that he was stripped of the starting job after being the MVP of the team from weeks 8-16 and handled it so well, including assisting his usurper, tells me that he's a guy you want. Hell, they said over and over Matt has the locker room. They clearly will play for the guy. I'm hoping he gets his shot somewhere, I think he's earned it - as well as a 5 mil a year payday.

Ireland will be fired if he doesn't win next year, if Tannehill bombs or gets hurt do you really think he'll trust a guy like Devlin to save his job? I don't.

We arent talking next year. We are talking next month. The decision will need to be made by mid-March at the latest.

And if you are suggesting that Ireland would force Matt Moore to be on this team against Philbin's wishes just so Ireland can keep his job in case Tannehil gets injured (which is just another unplausible anti-Ireland conspiracy theory imo), and pay a backup QB $5 million/year....well thats just about the worst move I can think of.

Back
Top Bottom