So who should be returning kicks and punts? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So who should be returning kicks and punts?

Kick returns are a tough call...I too would love to see Lex Hilliard there a few times, to see how he handles it. But, Pat Cobbs was decent there a year ago.

Punt returns should belong to Davone Bess. He's proven that he is one of the better punt returners in the NFL. He'll be even better in his second year there. Kick returns may remain an issue but punt returns will not be one.

I think Cobbs would make for an awesome PR

I would like to see Hartline just to see what he has.

Bess and Cobbs seem to be the safe bets, but there's no point in putting them back there for the preseason games as far as I'm concerned. Who should get a shot back there to see if they can do something great?

I didn't like what I saw from Hartline or Armstrong back there...

Give Cam Wake a shot I say! Oh, or Paul Soliai. Didn't he almost keep up with Ronnie Brown in practice about a week ago while running 30 yards down the field? Give him a shot to! :hump:

Bess and Cobbs seem to be the safe bets, but there's no point in putting them back there for the preseason games as far as I'm concerned. Who should get a shot back there to see if they can do something great?

I didn't like what I saw from Hartline or Armstrong back there...

Give Cam Wake a shot I say! Oh, or Paul Soliai. Didn't he almost keep up with Ronnie Brown in practice about a week ago while running 30 yards down the field? Give him a shot to! :hump:

There is absolutely a point putting them back there in the preseason. The same reason you put Chad Pennington in preseason games even though you know what he generally offers you. This is a process, and part of that process is getting the players used to live fire conditions again so that they can start out hot without mistakes. You don't want the first time Patrick Cobbs has fielded a kickoff since 2008 being against Atlanta. You want to get him some reps in preseason so that he's used to it again.

Anybody see the arizona - sd game - 7th rounder is a great return guy in the mold of williams - return of 89 and 63

Anybody see the arizona - sd game - 7th rounder is a great return guy in the mold of williams - return of 89 and 63
If he held onto the ball he is not of the same mold.

Ginn, because he's a 99 on madden. LOL.

I was really hoping Williams would lock it up as well, but he was horrible last night. He really needed to shine and instead it reminded me that you can't polish a turd.

kr possiblities cobbs, davis, or joey thomas
pr hartline, davis, culver

if williams doesn't make the team

Back
Top Bottom