So who should be returning kicks and punts? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So who should be returning kicks and punts?

Kick returns are a tough call...I too would love to see Lex Hilliard there a few times, to see how he handles it. But, Pat Cobbs was decent there a year ago.

Punt returns should belong to Davone Bess. He's proven that he is one of the better punt returners in the NFL. He'll be even better in his second year there. Kick returns may remain an issue but punt returns will not be one.

Sounds like we'll be getting our wish. Tony Sparano specifically said they we might see Lex Hilliard back on a few kick returns, during his latest press conference.

Anybody see the arizona - sd game - 7th rounder is a great return guy in the mold of williams - return of 89 and 63

Yep, and I couldn't help but think of Williams. That kid took advantage of the situation and absolutely lit it up. He did everything he could to make the team...Williams...not so much...

i THINK EITHER COBBS OR HILLIARD.. HILLIARD SHOWS GOOD CUTTING ABILITY AND GREAT SPEED... Althougn we have to see how Hilliard fields kicks. (Sorry for the caps)

What is interesting is that both Hilliard and Cobbs are 4.6 guys in the speed department. Hilliard looked fast enough on that 39 yard scamper but that was in part because the two players chasing him were the 4.8 speed J Leman, and the 4.6 speed Quinton Teal. That's why I want to see Lex on the kick returns, to see if the lack of speed ends up looking more noticeable, or if he's able to bring a little bit of his running magic to the kick return game.

Did Sparano say that Hilliard will see time at the KR position in the tampa game?
I want to see more of hartline fielding punts, I think he is faster than Bess, I am not so sure.

Did Sparano say that Hilliard will see time at the KR position in the tampa game?
I want to see more of hartline fielding punts, I think he is faster than Bess, I am not so sure.

He didn't specify a game, he just named the players that they're going to start taking more looks at on kick returns and first he said Pat Cobbs, then he said Ginn, and then he suggested the Hilliard might get a few looks there as well.

Back
Top Bottom