So you guys still want to talk about how we're finished? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So you guys still want to talk about how we're finished?

Comical that a Pats fan would cry about a call going against them.

he's not dumb, I will be surprised if he doesn't retire w/ Brady. assuming Brady has 5 more years.

I think Nyjunc is correct... you hit the nail on the head: Brady will dictate when BB retires by deciding when to retire himself. I think at this point belechick just wants to get to as many SB's as he can while Brady is still around. I highly doubt he wants to start fresh with a new QB and possibly repeat his days in cleveland which would make him lose his genius label. Only question is, what if Brady goes to another team instead of retiring? Eh, he probably still retires is my guess.

You didnt get robbed by a BS call against the Jets. It was a legit penalty, know the rules and stop crying about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
You didnt get robbed by a BS call against the Jets. It was a legit penalty, know the rules and stop crying about it.

In know you don't want to hear this but the "Tuck Rule" in the Oakland game way-back-when is always brought up on most every MB with anti-Patriots fans crying that Oakland got screwed. Well, it was a bad rule but a 100% correct call. Maybe you should "know the rules and stop crying about it". You can't have it both ways.

In know you don't want to hear this but the "Tuck Rule" in the Oakland game way-back-when is always brought up on most every MB with anti-Patriots fans crying that Oakland got screwed. Well, it was a bad rule but a 100% correct call. Maybe you should "know the rules and stop crying about it". You can't have it both ways.

Your post would be 100% correct and would totally shutdown my argument IF....I mentioned the "Tuck Rule", seeing as I didn't bring it up because I know it was legally the correct call I don't understand the point of your post.:chuckle:

The "Tuck Rule" though is a great example of why a Pats fan shouldn't complain about a correct call being called against them. no matter how obscure or random it was.

You must have been worried seeing as how it took you this long to surface to gloat. We haven't seen you since the season started.

Wasn't worried at all, because I know my team, and I know the media.
A few recent examples of why I was confident and paid the media no attention.

2011: Patriots lose two in a row, one to the Steelers, one to the Giants, and sit at 5-3. The almighty media decides the Patriots are yesterdays news, and that Brady will never see another Superbowl. The bandwagon leaps to the Packers and Aaron Rodgers. Never the less, Patriot fans see a distinct improvement in our defense in our loss to the Giants. I remember guaranteeing to Packer fans that Tom Brady would make the Superbowl that year, with an elite offense and a defense starting to show signs of life. Media and NFL fans around the country have their own narrative, which was Packers, Packers, Packers.

By week 15, after stomping Tebow's Broncos in Denver, the media started bringing up the Patriots again. Late to the party, as always.

We went to the Superbowl that year.

The Packers went down in flames in the NFC.

2012:
Patriots don't stand a chance. That is, once again, the narrative, after dropping to 1-3 after a bad game and bad call killed us in the last minute against Arizona, then the replacement officials completely handed a win to Baltimore, who we out played, who won the game on a field goal that probably wasn't even good. Media turns on the Patriots, then ignores and forgets about them. Once again, Patriots were "Yesterday's News." Media went on to hyping other teams, probably because talking about the Patriots for 13 years straight is likely not good for national ratings. What happens next? Patriots come like 7 points away from becoming the second highest scoring offense in NFL history, shatter a bunch of offensive records, annihilate the Texans, who were the media's new darling, and went to the AFC Championship game for the second year in a row.

This year: Doom and gloom, Patriots let Welker go, "what a mistake," Hernandez is gone, Gronk is out, and our offense is made up of a bunch of no names and rookies. All the media wants to talk about are Tom Brady's diminished stats, despite it being obvious that he's not playing any worse than any of his other MVP caliber seasons. Once again, we're "yesterday's news." A new nick name emerges - "The New England Pasts"

All about the Broncos. All about Peyton, because he threw 7 touchdowns in one game in the season opener.

Every single season the all knowing media pretends to forget what the Patriots look like after Thanksgiving football begins. Every. Single. Season.

Now Tom Brady destroys the vaunted and overrated Broncos and it's back to "Is Tom Brady the greatest of all time?"

So freaking predictable. It's almost sad watching this spectacle play out every year, from off season to Thanksgiving, by media and NFL fans alike, season after season after season.

We're 8-3. We could easily be 10-1. We might very well take the #1 seed if Denver -who we don't fear- slips, and nobody plays better in the cold and in the play offs than Tom Brady when its all on the line.

Considering the Superbowl is going to be played in frigid, windy NY this year, and the NFC competitors, all of them, are either unreliable or untested in such conditions (Seahawks, Saints), and we just annihilated the so called "best team in the NFL" after spotting them a free 24 points, I like our chances of making all the so called experts look stupid again.

picardstfugtfo-1.jpg

Could be finished if you lose to Baltimore and then the unfathomable loss to Bills after losing confidence.
If that happens theres a chance you miss the playoffs.

You spoke way too soon.

Let's see if he has the balls to come back and man up or cry and make excuses.

As great as it would be, I dont see the Pats losing the last two. Certainly they will beat Buffalo..

Back
Top Bottom