Soccor Sucks?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Soccor Sucks??

Prime Time

Screw You Guys..Im Goin Home!!!
Reaction score
Originally posted by MarinoFan

TOUGH MAN? I didn't think I said anything wrong. Personally, they are a freaking eyesore. Leave it up, BLOW them up. I don't care. Your freaking PM box was full.:mad: You got an attitude kid.

BTW, SOCCER SUCKS!!!

Yeah Soccer sucks so much, that it is the World's sport. :rolleyes: It sucks so much that 2 billion people watch the soccer championship and 800 million watch the Super Bowl world wide. Tell me which is the more popular sport.

Anyway relax man, you could have IMed me. Don't get too uptight about something so small. I also overreacted because my right contact lense is killing me and it is annoying the freak of me. Hey, Dol-Fans are not suppose to fight among themselves...they are suppose to fight with every other team's fans. Ill fix it now.

Isn't soccer that sport you play if your mom won't let you play football. I know this is off topic and borderline smack, but I couldn't resist.

Originally posted by Prime Time

Yeah Soccer sucks so much, that it is the World's sport. :rolleyes: It sucks so much that 2 billion people watch the soccer championship and 800 million watch the Super Bowl world wide. Tell me which is the more popular sport.

Anyway relax man, you could have IMed me. Don't get too uptight about something so small. I also overreacted because my right contact lense is killing me and it is annoying the freak of me. Hey, Dol-Fans are not suppose to fight among themselves...they are suppose to fight with every other team's fans. Ill fix it now.

No offense Prime Time but it can be argued that soccer is so popular world wide is because you can drop a coconut on the ground and start kicking it around. No equipment needed, hence it's popular in many poor countries that don't have excess money to spend on equipment like you have to in football. That alone is the reason soccer is the Worlds sport.... IMO. It's also a non physical contact sport which many other countries prefer. Can you see many of these impoverished country's children playing full contact tackle? Can you say broken bones by the bunches? The fact that football was only played in one country up until NFL Europe, YET has built a worldwide following is a testament to how much more interesting American Football is than soccer. JMO. I'd personally rather watch paint dry than watch soccer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Trekbiz

No offense Prime Time but it can be argued that soccer is so popular world wide is because you can drop a coconut on the ground and start kicking it around. No equipment needed, hence it's popular in many poor countries that don't have excess money to spend on equipment like you have to in football. That alone is the reason soccer is the Worlds sport.... IMO. The fact that football was only played in one country up until NFL Europe, YET has built a worldwide following is a testament to how much more interesting American Football is than soccer. JMO. I'd personally rather watch paint dry than watch soccer.

Good points Trek. I dropped the "paint dry" thing on Prime the other day as well right after I made the mistake of giving him the facts to back up his argument that more people watch futbol than FOOTBALL.

Originally posted by Trekbiz
No offense Prime Time but it can be argued that soccer is so popular world wide is because you can drop a coconut on the ground and start kicking it around. No equipment needed, hence it's popular in many poor countries that don't have excess money to spend on equipment like you have to in football. That alone is the reason soccer is the Worlds sport.... IMO. It's also a non physical contact sport which many other countries prefer. Can you see many of these impoverished country's children playing full contact tackle? Can you say broken bones by the bunches? The fact that football was only played in one country up until NFL Europe, YET has built a worldwide following is a testament to how much more interesting American Football is than soccer. JMO. I'd personally rather watch paint dry than watch soccer.

One thing is that many people tend to devalue other sports because their countries are not good at it or it's not their own sport or whatever.. Baseball is the most boring sport in the entire world next to golf yet it might be the most popular sport in America because it is our own.. USA is not as good at soccer as the other elite countries out there and people tend to lean towards football or baseball or basketball because those are the most popular in this country.. It's all about preferrences man.. Many kids that love to run love soccer cuz it keeps you in shape and it's very easy to practice by yourself.. I mean theres nothing much more to say about this.. I myself played soccer for 10 years and quit after I got to High School, I just loved Footabll and the contact.. Many of my buddies stayed playing soccer cuz they "love" the sport.. MAny people like to make themselves feel like the "bigger" man cuz they love a sport thats more physical yet they couldnt hang with a decent soccer team.. There's no reason to disrespect a sport because you don't like it.. I mysself hate Baseball, there's not much moving involved in the sport but still respect the players abilities and for me to say to a Baseball fan that "Baseball Sucks" just shows ignorance and the lack of growing up.. I mean, there's really nothing to it but don't disrespect a person just cuz he likes a sport other than football.. There's a reason why all of us are on here, thats cuz we love football as well..

Trek, not saying you're the one disrespecting, but I did read a post or two before yours that tried to disrespect a sport and people that like soccer.. Thats all I got to say...

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS

Baseball is the most boring sport in the entire world next to golf

Heh... Couldn't argue with that comment. :D

Since we changed the subject to this soccer thing.....

I'll chime in. I grew up playing soccer. Still play 3 times a week, and I love it more and more every day. But since I moved to the US 11 years ago, I have grown to LOVE football. I can say that I like things about both, but the strategy involved in football, from the draft, to the match-ups on Sundays, to parity......I think there is no other sport in the world that could come close.

It was said a couple of posts ago that it is a money thing, and it is true. I just can't see my high school in south america paying all that money for facillities, pads, coaches etc. When you can just throw a few jerseys, a ball and a field, and make it do.

Also, people here have no way of liking soccer, cause MLS sucks big time. Both are good. But I don't think there is a sport like Football any where in the world.

Re: Since we changed the subject to this soccer thing.....

Originally posted by underwaterjedi
I'll chime in. I grew up playing soccer. Still play 3 times a week, and I love it more and more every day. But since I moved to the US 11 years ago, I have grown to LOVE football. I can say that I like things about both, but the strategy involved in football, from the draft, to the match-ups on Sundays, to parity......I think there is no other sport in the world that could come close.

It was said a couple of posts ago that it is a money thing, and it is true. I just can't see my high school in south america paying all that money for facillities, pads, coaches etc. When you can just throw a few jerseys, a ball and a field, and make it do.

Also, people here have no way of liking soccer, cause MLS sucks big time. Both are good. But I don't think there is a sport like Football any where in the world.

Very true.. Soccer is not televised at all in this country and not even close to being broadcasted like football, basketball or baseball is here in America like it is in South America and Europe.. You could see advances Soccer is having here in America though.. Once the US made a good showing in the World Cup, they started broadcasting it somewhat.. but never will be like Football is here.. NEVER.. But Bashing people that like soccer makes no sense and never will..

Baseball...might be the most popular sport in America because it is our own..

Care to expand on this?

I mysself hate Baseball, there's not much moving involved in the sport but still respect the players abilities and for me to say to a Baseball fan that "Baseball Sucks" just shows ignorance and the lack of growing up..

If you're going to hold one fan to that standard, why not Prime Time who's stated:

Football (the real soccer) is the best sport in the World and it is a fact because more people watch it, more people play it, more people follow it.

Baseball has its fat *** Pitchers,and fat *** hitters.

Football is unquestionably America's most popular sport.

Anyone who says that soccer isn't a contact sport clearly hasn't played it or watched it. Watch a game of soccer, and see the tackles that happen, and then come back and say it isn't a contact sport. I guarantee you it won't happen.

Also, football is my favorite sport. However, NFL Europe, while semi-successful, is meaningless to Europeans compared to soccer. They don't like football, they like soccer, just like how some of you like football and hate soccer.

As for soccer being televised, there is a channel called Fox Sports World and you can get it on satelite or digital cable, and they have soccer from some of the worlds best leagues like the EPL, la liga, etc. ESPN also shows MLS, and any USA game that isn't in a tournament. FIFA demands too much money for things like the Gold Cup so ESPN doesn't buy it, but Spanish language stations do, and I just watched the USA lose :( :( :( to Brazil on Galavision.

Also, for the person who said that "MLS sucks," why don't you try WATCHING it? It isn't bad, it has a bad reputation, but there are a bunch of quality players who have made their mark on an international level.

I actually like Baseball. My icon on my AOL sn is a Marlins icon.

Anywho....Soccer is the World's sport because it is just great. If you were raised to watch it, you would LOVE it. But you weren't and that is why you guys don't like it. Soccer is a very good sport...more passion in the game IMO. You guys just don't understand soccer and the skill it takes to play it....many of you think and I have heard people state in soccer chats "Who can't kick a ball?". Alot of people see this at having no talent to do. But you need alot of talent to play soccer. It is the World's Sport for a reason. Not because people can't afford equipment (maybe half of the reason is this) but the other half is because you can play a pickup game with just 1 on 1. You can't play Football or Baseball 1 on 1. IMO Soccer is the best sport in the World because the fans are more passionate about the sport. I don't want this turn into name calling let's just have a good debate.

Originally posted by Prime Time
IMO Soccer is the best sport in the World because the fans are more passionate about the sport. I don't want this turn into name calling let's just have a good debate.

key words, or intials, IMO. At least you realized now that "the best sport" is a personal preference, not fact. Anyways, I've never denied the talent of soccer players. Most of them are great athlete but I just happen to not like the sport and it ticks me off when people assume all baseball player are in John Kruk shape.

Back
Top Bottom