Some Cardinals fans want Joey and his cancerous "leadership" | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some Cardinals fans want Joey and his cancerous "leadership"

Raiders fans seem to have their head on their shoulders for the most part

I dont think so. Its pretty clear in the article and logic he wants to stay in a 3-4 scheme.

That kind of move would not benefit the team. Big name, big mouth, older player, playing him out of position.... not a formula for success!

Lets find some real and young talent in the draft or sign free agents in a way that makes sense for once, please

J.Porter has stated that he was a Raider fan back in the day, however; he's already tried to play in a 4-3 defense as an OLBer in Miami and failed. He's better suited as a 3-4 OLB/DE rushing the passer, but we've changed up some this past year with a 4-3 under defense with an elephant type of player (T.Scott) suited to rush the passer.

I still think he might go to San Diego/or San Fran (3-4 defenses). I wouldn't count Oakland out though....

I get a kick out of seeing the " get him Al, he is a beast" threads.

This definitely won't be the last one as we go into the off season, roster cuts, and free agency.

Regarding Porter, I do like his "fire". Unfortunately his injury history and most important his contract expectations lead me to say

NO thanks. I just can't see him coming to Oakland or anywhere else for the vet minimum.

Originally Posted by JrussFan2
How does he remind u of Sapp?
your joking right?
If not I will tell you why. He has a big mouth and 90% of the time cant back it up.

he will be a niner or charger he will not come here. It would be a set back for us as well with the way he acts. He would not fit with us and he is like 32 years old or 33. I dont know what he has to give us at this point. No thanks

C'mon man. How is the way he acts so bad? He isn't a bad guy. He's 32, but so is James Harrison. He had 9 sacks last year in 14 games. Lets be real, he's better than what we've got right now, and he'll bring a swagger to our defense that we need IMO.

No thanks

We need long term solutions not band aids.

joey porter is from bakersfield. hed be better served as a LB coach at Fresno State.

i dont want him here, hes a piece of ****.

A signing like this would only make sense if we were a young team trying to get into the playoffs. Since that will not happen this year, I say pass. Besides, Al will probably overpay him and call him a great "playah" and that his signing is "another great day for the Oakland Raiduhz"

Joey Porter as a 4-3 OLB? Fail.
Joey Porter as a 4-3 DE? Fail.
Joey Porter as anything other than a pass rusher? Fail.
Joey Porter as a Raider? Fail.

we just got rid of a loud talking, past his prime defensive player who raped us financially and now spouts off regularly on Inside The NFL about how much we suck.

If we sign him, Porter will be dogging us out to the media by 2012, after he under-achieves and has collected the 8 million dollar signing bonus Al would probably give him.

No thanks.

one common thing ive seen on all of these teams forums is that they think that JP is a "leader"...in my book hes nowhere close to being a leader. Hes all about himself and doesnt care about the team.

Pennington helps Henne to get better and JP is mad that Wake is getting snaps instead of him. Joey is not a leader, not really sure why people think a big mouth equals being a leader. Firing your team up and some occasional trash talking is fine but when its detrimental to the team thats when its not leadership, its just cancerous behavior.

All these fans who want Porter now will change their tune in a year or 2.

i told all of you guys that other teams want him, but you guys didn't believe me

The Bolts would be pretty dumb to give up Phillips for Porter. I could see the Cards trading for him. Don't think can or will keep Boldin. The 4th and Porter for Boldin seems like the most plausible scenario. Think we would def be getting the better end of that one...provided Boldin can shake the injuries. Still don't view him as a Number 1. To me he is a bigger Davone Bess. Not the Marshall, Owens, Moss, OchoCinco type receiver everyone seems to be desiring...'course doesn't come with any baggage either.

why do you guys want old anquan OLDin? The only place he is going to get signed at is the retirement home.

why do you guys want old anquan OLDin? The only place he is going to get signed at is the retirement home.

29 is old? Anquans not old, just injury prone.

all right everyone lets stop the joey trash talking and mods delete all porter threads. now lets start talking how good porter is. maybe we might get something for that lousy piece of ####.

He is 5 months older the Antonio Bryant who everyone wants, he has been in the league 1 year less and has almost 2000 yards more. Or 9 months older the Andre Johnson.

Look at the WR in this league that are putting up big numbers over 30! Moss, Wayne, Ocho, Steve Smith, Ward, Driver,

He is 5 months older the Antonio Bryant who everyone wants, he has been in the league 1 year less and has almost 2000 yards more. Or 9 months older the Andre Johnson.

Look at the WR in this league that are putting up big numbers over 30! Moss, Wayne, Ocho, Steve Smith, Ward, Driver,

Grab both Bryant and Boldin. Not a bad one and two combo if I say so myself.

Back
Top Bottom