Some Draft Thoughts After Looking at Some Early Mock Drafts | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some Draft Thoughts After Looking at Some Early Mock Drafts

He actually had an interception when he had a cast on his one hand.

It was impressive. A very fun player to watch. The players rallied around him ... definitely the pulse of that team.

He did himself a serious favor in that bowl game. I think he played himself into the 2nd or 3rd after manhandling an SEC oline ... higher than I was thinking. Teams won't hate how he tests, either.

J-off really liked little bro. That's looking a good call right about now.

I would bet he goes undrafted and the Seahawks pick him up because of his brother. His brother got him into ucf and his brother will get him in the pros. Then its on him to make something of himself

I would bet he goes undrafted and the Seahawks pick him up because of his brother. His brother got him into ucf and his brother will get him in the pros. Then its on him to make something of himself
I think his play this year gets him into the pros. Not his brothers help.

Well if the medical says he’s a udfa value I know that he’d be the first udfa I’d be calling

He’s making a 53 and playing on specials out the gate.

That’s much more than a feel good story that kid can play. He’s got high level acceleration and he finishes nub for a other arm or not.

He was the best player on the field in that bowl game

I don’t see the hype with the Notre Dame or auburn backs

High cut long limbed upright runners

He was the heart and soul of UCF.....I live in Kissimmee and know many people who go or have gone to UCF and I'm telling you, he's the type of player that won't let his team lose. He will find a way to get it done which is more than we can say about a lot of the players on our team

Ozzy rules!!

I don’t see the hype with the Notre Dame or auburn backs

High cut long limbed upright runners
Adams might run kinda upright but i still think he’s a decent rb with a decent balance of vision, power, and speed

That Griffin story is pretty incredible, I’m going to have my kids read that.

As far the draft goes it’s obviously too early for anything hardcore but at this point I don’t see a LB in the first round. Our run defense has improved with a scrap heap at the Mike due to the improved line play. The Kiko at the Will experiment was a disaster but we aren’t getting out from that contract so here is how I see it.

Kiko moves back to the Mike, McMillian takes over the Sam and Anthony moves into the Will.

In Nickel defense we can get Kiko the heck off the field replaced by McCain, Anthony appeared to be athletic enough to cover and my guess is they drop either Jones or McDonald down to possibly replace McMillian if he proves that he can’t cover and put in another DB to replace the Safety.

At #11 we should be in good shape to take BPA at need or trade down. I have trouble with a DE there simply because there just not enough snaps to go around which is what we saw with Harris last year. I really want the Guard Nelson to finally fix our issues at #11 and look for a Mike to groom in the second or a TE.

That Griffin story is pretty incredible, I’m going to have my kids read that.

As far the draft goes it’s obviously too early for anything hardcore but at this point I don’t see a LB in the first round. Our run defense has improved with a scrap heap at the Mike due to the improved line play. The Kiko at the Will experiment was a disaster but we aren’t getting out from that contract so here is how I see it.

Kiko moves back to the Mike, McMillian takes over the Sam and Anthony moves into the Will.

In Nickel defense we can get Kiko the heck off the field replaced by McCain, Anthony appeared to be athletic enough to cover and my guess is they drop either Jones or McDonald down to possibly replace McMillian if he proves that he can’t cover and put in another DB to replace the Safety.

At #11 we should be in good shape to take BPA at need or trade down. I have trouble with a DE there simply because there just not enough snaps to go around which is what we saw with Harris last year. I really want the Guard Nelson to finally fix our issues at #11 and look for a Mike to groom in the second or a TE.
Burke already said that we don't have anybody on the roster that can cover TE's and RB's so LB is very much in play. It might not happen at 11 but it will happen

Ozzy rules!!

Somewhere in the top 3 picks we need OG and TE, then go defense the rest of the way except if a QB drops like a rock.

I would personally hope to trade down, and pick Mark Andrews later in the 1st.

We really need a TE we can count on, and once we finally do have that talented TE, the offence will be special...especially if Tannehill can come back with little signs of rust or surgery bothering him.

If we can't trade down, and Smith is still there when we pick, then just take him, nothing wrong with taking a quality LB for the 2nd year in a row...especially with our LBers.

With the advent of Chase Allen and the probable availability of Nick DeLuca in the 6th round, I wouldn't want to use a high pick on LB; especially considering we are stuck with Kiko for one more year before we can cut him and get a little cap relief. DeLuca has durability issues, but he may be the most talented and skilled LB in this class. You can watch him play for NDSU on the 6th on ESPN 2 in the FCS championship game. This is pretty much the same NDSU Bison team that beat the Iowa Hawkeyes in Iowa last year. Good stuff.

If we miss Andrews, check out Andrew Vollert. Right now, he is enormously underrated. That may change when the scouts really start doing their homework, however, he is from a small FCS school and might still be available with our 4th or 6th round pick.

With the advent of Chase Allen and the probable availability of Nick DeLuca in the 6th round, I wouldn't want to use a high pick on LB; especially considering we are stuck with Kiko for one more year before we can cut him and get a little cap relief. DeLuca has durability issues, but he may be the most talented and skilled LB in this class. You can watch him play for NDSU on the 6th on ESPN 2 in the FCS championship game. This is pretty much the same NDSU Bison team that beat the Iowa Hawkeyes in Iowa last year. Good stuff.

If we miss Andrews, check out Andrew Vollert. Right now, he is enormously underrated. That may change when the scouts really start doing their homework, however, he is from a small FCS school and might still be available with our 4th or 6th round pick.
I'm not sure how we pass on addressing LB. Along with interior OL, weakest part of team. Yes Kiko signed but he can't play. Simmons gone. Who exactly can play Lb.... lot to expect of Raekwon.

Back
Top Bottom