Some Draft Thoughts After Looking at Some Early Mock Drafts | Page 28 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some Draft Thoughts After Looking at Some Early Mock Drafts

I hope we find our own version of Russell Wilson in the 2nd or 3rd round...I don’t have confidence that our FO knows what QB they would draft in the 1st and they’d probably pick the wrong one. Let them roll the dice in the 2nd and 3rd. It’ll be less painful if he doesn’t pan out.
Lol

TJ's deal is super cheap and easy to get out of. He was brought in to give the team more hybrid looks and maybe even as a coverage guy on TEs . . . We had both FS go down and had no chance to utilize that strategy.

TJ and Jones being resigned should have zero effect on this team grabbing a FS.

James is enough of an athlete to be that guy, but damn he could be Eric Berry like at SS.
Agree. You can play Derwin with TJ & Rehad in a big Nickel and Dime. He can even play LB in base variation. Point is he fits and wouldn't pass on his talent.

Personally i think FS can wait. LB is our biggest need and you got Smith sitting right there at 11 most likely

And even thought most FO/Coaches say free agency doesn't matter, it really does. Players we think might be going to a certain team might not depending on what that team does in free agency, I have no doubt that somebody will fall but how many times have we seen a guy fall to us, only for us not to draft that player? The fact is that at this time there doesn't seem to be a clear guy that we'd want to draft at 11 of the players that have a real chance to be there. Even Smith, there are concerns there too

Ozzy rules!!
Also as you said earlier, at #11 & 41, I'm looking for guys that immediately step in and play 50 snaps. Give me Derwin James or R Smith and 2nd RD Billy Price & 3rd Rd Chubb or RB along with healthy Raekwon & Tannehill, full season out of TJ - I'm expecting playoffs.

I hope we find our own version of Russell Wilson in the 2nd or 3rd round...I don’t have confidence that our FO knows what QB they would draft in the 1st and they’d probably pick the wrong one. Let them roll the dice in the 2nd and 3rd. It’ll be less painful if he doesn’t pan out.

Kurt Benkert in the 3rd would make me happy. I don't think he makes it to the 4th.

1st round picks are too pricey imo. Unless it is a Qb or LT. A lot of them get unmotivated once they get that payday, many get injured, and many are positions where you do not need an expensive player. Ifeel like the trend with better teams is they find talent in later rounds and the players seem more motivated and are cheaper.

1st round picks are too pricey imo. Unless it is a Qb or LT. A lot of them get unmotivated once they get that payday, many get injured, and many are positions where you do not need an expensive player. Ifeel like the trend with better teams is they find talent in later rounds and the players seem more motivated and are cheaper.
Need to find football players who love to play the game. They exist.

Kurt Benkert in the 3rd would make me happy. I don't think he makes it to the 4th.

He should be there in the 5th-7th range. 58.5%, 6.3 YPA, 25/9 TD/INT - terrible indicators. I'm guessing that a lot of people saw his game against Miami, where he played well, but that performance was an exception (75.4, 10.4, 4/1).

He should be there in the 5th-7th range. 58.5%, 6.3 YPA, 25/9 TD/INT - terrible indicators. I'm guessing that a lot of people saw his game against Miami, where he played well, but that performance was an exception (75.4, 10.4, 4/1).

Yea 3rd is too early but I also like Benkert. Round 6/7 target and honestly he needs a year on the PS at least. But damn he is a nice piece of clay I would like to work with on this roster. Sure beats the talent of Doughty and even Fales as developmental guys.

Yea 3rd is too early but I also like Benkert. Round 6/7 target and honestly he needs a year on the PS at least. But damn he is a nice piece of clay I would like to work with on this roster. Sure beats the talent of Doughty and even Fales as developmental guys.
Riley Ferguson is that guy for me. A huge arm and very mobile

Riley Ferguson is that guy for me. A huge arm and very mobile

Not a fan of the delivery and that Memphis offense vs. that level of comp is worrisome. Paxton Lynch was a BEAST in that offense and a better looking prospect and he can't even get in the game over Osweiller and Simien. Personally I wouldn't touch him but somebody will try because of his physical traits.

I did like watching him play this year. That Memphis offense was a lot of fun with him and Anthony Miller . . . Who I like a whole lot. He gives me Antonio Brown vibes.

People who think we're drafting a guard at 11 are setting themselves up for a big let down

Ozzy rules!!
As much as I want this to be wrong, I believe you are correct. My theory is he could be a game changer on offense. Games are still won and lost in the trenches. Our approach to the offensive line has been the definition of insanity...doing the same thing over and over each year and expecting different results. Fix the offensive line and RT17 gets 25% better, Drake or whoever else we get in the backfield besides Williams will be stronger...IMO if we can shore up this O-line, get a TE in the 2nd round or FA and same with LB...we would be so much better...I just can't take the band-aid approach to the O-line anymore...it's maddening!!!

Personally i think FS can wait. LB is our biggest need and you got Smith sitting right there at 11 most likely

Smith or a pass rushing DE is what I want. Lots of talk about Davenport in draft forum. He could be the guy.

I want a true FS, but I think the team will roll with Jones and McDonald.

Back
Top Bottom