Some interesting cuts around the league | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some interesting cuts around the league

looking at that list go get tavares gooden for austin spitler asap and pickup te daniel hardy off tampas cuts...i think adrian tracy is an intriguing convert olb if we want to take a chance there

db coye francies is intriguing also

Wouldn't be surprised if we claim FB Tony Fiammetta from Carolina if he medically checks out. We liked him a lot back in the 09 draft.

Evan Royster was cut by the Redskins.....interesting. Had an head injury and I'm not sure if he would fit our offense. But who knows.

I always find it hilarious looking at NE's cut since they always seem to miss on draft picks. ESPN has a field day over how they draft but in reality they draft just as bad as everyone else. They only problem is since they seem to stockpile so much they are bound to hit on someone with all of their misses.

Some cuts that stuck out to me as interesting:

WR Aldrick Robinson. We were all over this guy in the pre-draft process. He's a really good depth threat and a return man. This guy would be my #1 priority so far.

RB Dujuan Harris. An interesting cut by the Jags considering they put Rashad Jennings on injured reserve. The guy has talent, though.

TE Nathan Overbay. Not a great receiver but probably better than Mastrud at this point. Formerly of the Bucs, he caught a TD against us the other night.

TE Lee Smith. A throwback blocking tight end who basically doubles as another offensive tackle. He's not a receiving threat, obviously, but he would free up Fasano to be used as a receiver, which I think would be better than Mastrud being in that role. Guys like Smith -- blockers -- are where we should probably be looking for our next tight end. Forget getting an athletic guy. Those guys have jobs. Find a guy you can use to substitute for Fasano as a blocker. Just my opinion.

RB Brandon Saine. I was not a huge buyer on Saine coming out of Ohio State but he does have some pure running talent, which is something Lex Hilliard lacks.

DE/OLB Daniel Te'o Nesheim. A scrappy pass rusher I liked in college. He was a SACKSEER darling when he came out. I honestly don't know why they kept Alama-Francis.

SS Shiloh Keo. Probably too slow to make it as a full time safety, but is just a smart, smart player with good feet. Would probably make a dynamite special teams player.

WR Manny Arceneaux. He was the hotshot CFL player the Vikings won the auction for last year. Big and has speed. Can make some tough catches. Has some similar attributes physically to Wallace but has more experience and seasoning. Worth a shot.

I haven't poured over the lists but these are guys that stuck out on the first pass. No linemen in particular stuck out to me but my depth of knowledge on the offensive line isn't as good as it is at other positions.

Back
Top Bottom