Someone needs to get fired after the Ajayi trade | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Someone needs to get fired after the Ajayi trade

So when's the last time you saw the Dolphins open up a hole like that? Pretty sure he wasn't touched until the end of the play.

I'm pretty sure an opposing team could have nobody out there on defense and we still couldn't open a running lane that wide

Not to take anything away from the run, because the back always deserves credit for taking one to the house, but yes, the entire field opened up for him and he ran 46 yards untouched. And no, that wasn't going to happen much this season for us.

I just wish we would at least wait to see how the Dolphins offense operates without him before we make these snap judgments. I personally think that Kenyan Drake is not the answer at RB, and I even have an avatar bet riding on it with my friend Chambers, but I'm at least willing to wait and see what Miami looks like after the trade.

So when's the last time you saw the Dolphins open up a hole like that? Pretty sure he wasn't touched until the end of the play.

I'm pretty sure an opposing team could have nobody out there on defense and we still couldn't open a running lane that wide

Last year we had a few. The 57 yard overtime run against the Bills comes to mind.

I was watching the Eagles game when Jay scored, you could have driven a Mack truck through that hole! He had about a one ypr before that play.

It's over, Ajayi is gone, time to move on and get our o line opening some holes like that.

Whoever is responsible for the Ajayi trade needs to get fired immediately. You trade a 24 year old running back who is coming off a 1200 yards rushing last year for a measly 4th round pick. We probably would of gotten the same if we just didn't retain him and received a compensation pick. Sometimes, I just don't understand this team. This might go down as one of our worst trades in franchise history.

Ok.... Let me guess because he scored a TD with the Eagles?
Can we merge all these threads????

It's the same old song and dance with this team. Wouldn't surprise me if Ajayi goes 1200 for a team like Philly. He wouldn't behind this garbage line so why even compare it?

He may not end up as prolific as Wes Welker but the same point is that Welker wouldn't have put up half the stats with us as he did at NE.

Team talent remains garbage. Same old song and dance. This WILL NOT CHANGE UNTIL THEY START DRAFTING WITH SUCCESS. And they just never do.

They draft with success, but in the later rounds, where they obtain players who appear to have been steals when they become merely above-average. Reshad Jones for example.

Where they miss is in the first round, with the likes of Dion Jordan, Vontae Davis, Jared Odrick, Ja'Wuan James, and Laremy Tunsil.

Hell, you could even argue that Ryan Tannehill and DeVante Parker don't play in such a way as to make a team highly competitive.

You need to pick up studs fairly often in the first round. This team has not.

we could have benched him for rest of season and gotten more if we took our time trading him in the offseason.
its horrible.

You know what kind of draft pick you get for a running back that has questionable knees, only one year left on his contract, and that you benched for half a season? None. Nobody is compensating you for that, because he was such an attitude problem that you simply benched him. The only argument you can make against the trade is that he would have provided us more value the next year and a half on the field had we kept him, than the 4th round pick we actually got for him. If he was worth more than that late 4th round pick, then somebody would have offered a higher pick. 30 other GMs had a chance to offer a higher pick for Ajayi and they all passed on the opportunity.

If this is “the worst trade in franchise history” then you haven’t been following the team for very long.

We traded a good RB with health concerns for a 4th rounder. We have no OL and our entire offense is in the toilet. By the time our offense is fixed, Ajayi’s knees will be dust.

That’s nothing compared to trading a 2nd rounder for AJ Feeley, a 3rd rounder for Lamar Gordon, or even trading up from 12 to 3 to draft Dion Jordon
Funny how "health concerns" only became concerns the week he was traded. Sounds like bs. Frank Gore blew the same ACL twice and then ran for 13,000 yards.

Are you one of these two guys who wanted someone fired for selling 2 Whopper meals for 10 bucks??????

burger-king-2-for-10-whopper-meal-fans-large-2.jpg

I'm frustrated as well. It's hard to understand getting so little in value.

Letting a few days past, I'm still upset by the move. My son was devastated as Ajayi was his favorite player. But, I think Gase was going to bench him and he obviously wasn't in the long-term plans.

Now it's time to see how the team moves forward. Not just this year, but in the next few to come.

Why does everyone clamor over the 1200 yard number, he had like 600 of that in 3 games. The other 12 games he played in (sat season opener) he got the other 600. I am not great at math but thats like 50 yards a game, how in the world is that classified as elite, PLUS he cant catch or block to save his life. So go ahead and blame our line like everyone seems to do but if I recall RT17 was balling from that Tenn game forward last year behind that same line

Back
Top Bottom