Sounds like Denver had an agenda? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sounds like Denver had an agenda?

ajajaj said:
1. Of course they didn't administer the drug test, could you maybe argue with information my two year old couldn't figure out please. The point is this should have gone under the radar like many in the past have for many other players. Instead this is now in the limelight and the NFL may be forced by public opinion to take a more stern action than they would have had this been taken care of behind closed doors, how it should have been. Theirfore inhibiting Ricky's carreer and our power and ability to trade him to others.

2. A reporter doesn't have to reveal his sources therefore letting Denver get by without getting caught.

No, the story was not "made up by the broncos", but it was made public by a reporter having ties to the bronco's very shortly after they (the broncos) began investigating Ricky's past. That is amazingly convinient don't ya think???

Except for the fact that the reporter said he was was talking with either a league official or a Bronco's staff member and got the info, either way it makes your theory impossible, if a league official told then there is no foul play, if he got it from a broncos staff member the denver has already been caught

and

There is no way the Broncos would intentionally leak the story because it helps them in no way at all

Ricky failed a drug test everyone get over it please, It could be a misunderstanding, but denver has no part in this

ajajaj said:
Ricky probably would have won the appeal as many players do "under the radar". The substance wasn't marijuana (sp?) it was something else. He studies haulistic (sp?) medicine. Many hearbs can be used and create false posotives. That was probably the case.

I'm suggesting in the discussion denver couldn't get him for what they wanted and in turn out of spite, or the fear of a division rival being willing to give Miami what they wanted for him they purposely leaked the info.

They know what Nick wants for Ricky and it's as we all know draft picks. If they can tie Ricky up (which they apparently did) until after the draft, no rival can get him. It's smart, amazingly easy to see, but impossable to prove.

It just showes the integrity of a crappy organization who will ruin anyone regardless if it suits their immediate benefit.

Teams dont do that first of all

Second of all he wasnt going to any Rival

KC has 2 Running Backs

San Diego has LT

Oakland is sticking with Lamont Jordon

Face it if the rumor leaked from New York we would be accusing the Jets of not wanting ricky to play, but in all actually there is no way anyone did anything like this intentional

Anyone wonder who it was we would have gotten for Ricky from Denver in the first place?

FakeSpike13 said:
Do you blame the Broncos for doing thourough research before acquiring him? Their agenda was smart business...

obviously the problem was not the research, it was what they did with the info they got from the research.

I don't see how nobody sees how this actually could benefit the broncos.

They made the move to keep him away from a division rival b/c they were to cheap to give up what Miami wanted.

ajajaj said:
obviously the problem was not the research, it was what they did with the info they got from the research.

I don't see how nobody sees how this actually could benefit the broncos.

They made the move to keep him away from a division rival b/c they were to cheap to give up what Miami wanted.

He wasnt going ANYWHERE in that divison though

Besides regardless of what everyone is saying, if this is a misunderstanding it will NOT hurt his trade value whatsoever I guarantee that

jspchief said:
What was the agenda?

Ricky suspended for a year is no good to the Broncos either.

No, but a DE-Valued RIcky (assuming the reports were false) would be cheaper for the Broncos to trade for.

I find it amusing that some people are willing to point the finger at everybody BUT the person that failed the drug test.

BringBackShula said:
No, but a DE-Valued RIcky (assuming the reports were false) would be cheaper for the Broncos to trade for.
*assuming the reports were false*

That's a pretty big assumption, especially considering they are not false.

Noodle Arm said:
I find it amusing that some people are willing to point the finger at everybody BUT the person that failed the drug test.
Why would anyone think the guilty party is actually guilty? It's not like he has a history or anything.

BringBackShula said:
WOuld have been a pick.
A pick? Its not like the Broncos had a pick high enough worth to give up Ricky imo...moot point now but just throwing it out there.

This makes sense now....

Dolphins hint at wanting to trade Ricky....

Dolphins find out that Ricky Failed a Drug Test.....

Broncos inquire about Ricky's availablity......

Dolphins say they have no interest in trading Ricky.......

Broncos offer a SECOND ROUND PICK ......

Dolphins realize that this is going to be the best they can get immediately start the appeal process

Broncos get suspicious due to the non-committment they get from Miami

Broncos contact League office, someone leaks the information that Ricky failed a test.......all be it not marijuana , but none the less failed the test.

Broncos leak information to Local TV outlet

Story leaks.....

Realization that Ricky did indeed fail the test lowers players value, therefore Ricky is no longer going to be worth a 2nd round pick.

No comment can be made by the NFL as Williams can't be contacted till April.........

How does that sound to all of you?

westernnyphinfa said:
This makes sense now....

Dolphins hint at wanting to trade Ricky....

Dolphins find out that Ricky Failed a Drug Test.....

Broncos inquire about Ricky's availablity......

Dolphins say they have no interest in trading Ricky.......

Broncos offer a SECOND ROUND PICK ......

Dolphins realize that this is going to be the best they can get immediately start the appeal process

Broncos get suspicious due to the non-committment they get from Miami

Broncos contact League office, someone leaks the information that Ricky failed a test.......all be it not marijuana , but none the less failed the test.

Broncos leak information to Local TV outlet

Story leaks.....

Realization that Ricky did indeed fail the test lowers players value, therefore Ricky is no longer going to be worth a 2nd round pick.

No comment can be made by the NFL as Williams can't be contacted till April.........

How does that sound to all of you?
Miami would take the 2nd round pick and run like they stole something.

Edgerrin James and Shaun Alexander both could have been had for a 2nd round pick last year. No one wanted to pay that price.

If you think a team was going to give more for a 3 time drug-user that quit on his team and has character issues, you're either a homer or on the same yoga supplement as Ricky.

Noodle Arm said:

We don't know what caused him to fail the test do we? For all we know he failed the test for drinking some off the wall Indian tea used for Yoga and meditation. Did you know that eating poppy seeds can result in a failed drug test?

http://www.snopes.com/medical/drugs/poppyseed.asp

You don't even have to eat a lot of it. My guess is that it's something along those lines. But I'm a glass is half full kind of guy.

Back
Top Bottom