Spiller Could Find His Way To Miami | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Spiller Could Find His Way To Miami

MARSHALLAW305

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Since we will have 14 or so FA next year to sign and or release that leaves a lot of ifs in the air. One of those concerns being our top 3 running backs. Since this years conundrum at 12 will make it hard to validate a player at that price I think the Fo might evaluate why not to pull the trigger this year instead of next. With all our needs at nt,fs,olb wr i dont really see myself as a FIN fan being disappointed with this pick. I think we have the line to make the screen pass work much better and with a threat on the outside like spiller he will take Ricky's position nicely. He is a pure outside threat with speed assuming we stick with the wildcat he will be an absolute:up: addition.

So..............draft Spiller, trade Ricky for a #2 after he signs a letter guaranteeing he'll play for another 3 years, and pick up a NT with that pick...got it!

Highly doubt it. We will not pick Reggie Bush Jr. at #12, take it to the bank.

Reputable banks would reject that transaction. Spiller would provide what we lack big time- offensive explosion. Great RB and a great receiving RB, can probably slplit out wide effectively. Pure speed and tremendous quicks as well. Ricky playing beyond 2010 lessens the chance of taking Spiller a bit imo, but I would be far from disappointed if he were the pick. Dude is instant explosion and instant chunk yardage.

Rickys announcement and agent change this week came for a reason, he is looking for a la$$t contract, and still feels the power in his legs and body...One of our options would be to trade him, for 1 week ago, we were looking at 2010 as his last season. If we want to cash in, its now or never!

Highly doubt it. We will not pick Reggie Bush Jr. at #12, take it to the bank.

Yeah, No. Riggie Bush played in the Pac-10. Spiller played in the ACC which is a way better conference and did just as good as Reggie. Spiller is a way better RB than Bush

It could happen. Spiller is a home run threat. I'd be happy with this pick.

Yeah, No. Riggie Bush played in the Pac-10. Spiller played in the ACC which is a way better conference and did just as good as Reggie. Spiller is a way better RB than Bush

ACC is better than the Pac 10? Hmmm.... Need I say more?

I would be all for it if, they are confident they can get a OLB and FS from either our current roster, FA or later in the draft. Spiller is a special type of talent, i would love to have. I think from the outside (if you have never seen either play in college) he looks like Bush. But if you actually do your HW you will see he is more than just a Bush, Sproles, Washington type guy-he is an allaround threat running inside, outside, Split in the slot, out wide, PR and KR.

bryant, spiller, earl thomas at pick #12...any of the 3...that's what i've come to...

elite talent with any of the 3...

wait on olb til the 2nd round...

we could lose 3 running backs after this season and spiller is such a dynamite playmaker and talent that i'd be stoked with that pick...

earl thomas carried the weight well at the combine and looked good in drills...looks very good on tape...we need a ballhawk free safety...

While I still believe we trade down, Ricky and Ronnie are old and routinely injured, respectively, while Cobbs and Hilliard are backups at best. This administration (Parcells) likes to take the best player available within their parameters at a position of need - I do believe that if Spiller is available, and their other "favorites" - Thomas, Morgan, Bryant, are gone - Spiller has a legit chance of wearing teal and orange!! I agree with this post...to say a zero chance is not understanding the trifecta and the nature of the league...

I've posted two mocks. The first had Spiller as our pick; the second had Thomas. If we can get something for Brown, Spiller would be a GREAT pick. If we can't, I'd still like the pick.

I don't know why R&R insists that Spiller is just another R. Bush - when tape, experts, and everything - except that they're both fast - suggests otherwise.

There is a high percentage chance that by the end of this comming season, RB might be our most pressing need...Now, not in many drafts do we have the chance to draft a stud like Spiller. So, if he is there, I wouldnt consider his selection to be a bad pick. More like an insuring investment towards the future. And would he be useless in 2010? In a backfield with so many options, the sky would be the limit... A Nightmare for any opposing D!!!

I am also thinking CJ Spiller could be our pick as Ricky, Ronnie and Cobb could all be free agents come 2011. We won't find a better RB then this later on or next year, and people who think Spiller is Reggie Bush, Jr., have clearly never seen Spiller play the game of football. We can always add a WR, NT, or LB later on, but you won't find a Spiller in round two or later.

Back
Top Bottom