Spiller Could Find His Way To Miami | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Spiller Could Find His Way To Miami

not going to say Spiller is worth taking at 12 or not but I'm starting to believe that if we actually go offence at 12 it'd be Bryant that we go after.It seems like very good to great RB's are on every draft these days. A guy like Bryant is harder to find imo and when you think about it, RB's have been a little easier for us to get....as pointed here we have 2 stud RB's and a couple of young ones too(Sheets-Hiliard)that have shown some flashes but when was the last time we had a real #1 stud WR?....sorry but if it was up to me and both of them are there I'm taking the kind of player we haven't have since the early 90's which is a stud #1 WR.

Ozzy rules!!

R&R, i respect your opinion-you are reputable. But i would like an analysis. I dont like Spiller, or didnt like him. Being a football purist i feel that a good line should make Betty White run for a 1000 yard season. I watched a lot of Clemson's games and a lot of Spiller and really really liked what i saw. I dont think he is a need, more like an offense if used correctly-i dont trust our team to uses weapons effectively (goal line weapon-Wilford, WC weapon-Pat White) but i think that to clearly call him Reggie Bush is a little unwarranted-at least from what i saw. If you can point me to a game or footage to show me that he cant run inside-which i havent seen at all, would be much appreciated.
Secondly-i noticed you said you are a huge Earl Thomas fan-really-who isnt? Kid can play. Ball Hawk has his picture next to it in the dictionary. I dont know why you see him as such a reach-even though i never liked that word-some of the best players were reaches. I think that w/o Berry, Thomas would be a number 5-15 pick any given year. I have even seen (kirwan?) mocks that have him gone before us. I think his size knock is overplayed and kind of ignorant seeing how he is 2 inches and 4 lbs lighter than Berry and more instinctual in coverage. If you threw out value and only looked at player skill and need-what makes you not want Thomas at 12. Especially when you consider the surplus of NT and SOLb prospect available in the future.
Safety's aren't usually a high pick. Berry will be an exception because he's the best DB prospect to come out in years. Earl Thomas is a very solid 15-20 pick but think 12 is a bit of a reach. As for Spiller, he can run inside against the bad defenses, but struggles doing so against the good ones. Until I see him out there against NFL defenses to make a real decision, he's just another overhyped scat back to me.

what's laughable to me is your evaluations of talent...only recently have you seem to come to your senses on how much of a top talent dez bryant is....i've been saying forever off my tape evals that dez bryant is a top 5 talent...you laughed at me then...

anybody who watches tape of cj spiller and comes away thinking that he is not an elite pro talent i put no stock in their opinion...it's laughable at best...spiller scored 52 collegiate tds 21 of which were of 50 yards or more...and you're telling me we can't use that kind of weapon on our offense??? please...

you're lame argument cant runbetween the tackles carries no weight either...you don't want to run cj spiller between the tackles 15 times per game...you want to get him out in space and off tackle and outside where he can create chunk yardage something this offense desperately needs...

he instantly has pro bowl upside and skills as a returner...will destroy lbs in coverage and in the flats...

this isn't an every year talent either...cj spillers don't come aound every year...there's no off field concerns whatsoever with this kid he even stayed in school an extra year when he could have easily been a first round pick and likely top 20 pick in last years draft...

give this kid 15-20 all purpose touches per game and get out of his way...ronnie and ricky who knows what or where they'll be past this year this pick make sense both for the present and the future...

he's got huge 10 inch hands which should make ball security not an issue...darn right i think he's an elite talent and he would look great in aqua and orange...

chunk yardage...this is the definition...
Right. Only recently I've come to the realization... only that I never said he wasn't. Me thinks your reading comprehension isn't too good as the only thing I said about Bryant is he isn't as good as A.J. Green, Jonathan Baldwin, Julio Jones, and possibly Michael Floyd, and he I still say he isn't. And I still wouldn't touch him with the 12th pick.

I don't care how many TD's Spiller scored. Guess what it means? Nothing. Reggie Bush scored a whopping 35 all purpose TD's in only two years... Guess what he is now? Average. But I'm sure you thought Bush was an elite talent too. My argument against him not being able to run between the tackles carries no weight? You do realize we're talking about the NFL right? Having only the ability to run to the outside does not work in the NFL.

CJ. Spiller isn't and will never be a full time back. He'll be another Reggie Bush role player. He'll be a great role player though. But I'm not taking a role player with the 12th pick.

not going to say Spiller is worth taking at 12 or not but I'm starting to believe that if we actually go offence at 12 it'd be Bryant that we go after.It seems like very good to great RB's are on every draft these days. A guy like Bryant is harder to find imo and when you think about it, RB's have been a little easier for us to get....as pointed here we have 2 stud RB's and a couple of young ones too(Sheets-Hiliard)that have shown some flashes but when was the last time we had a real #1 stud WR?....sorry but if it was up to me and both of them are there I'm taking the kind of player we haven't have since the early 90's which is a stud #1 WR.

Ozzy rules!!
Rb's are a dime a dozen.

Yeah, No. Riggie Bush played in the Pac-10. Spiller played in the ACC which is a way better conference and did just as good as Reggie. Spiller is a way better RB than Bush

Correct. Spiller is a more instinctive runner. Bush played for a very dominant team and was rarely touched until he was past the line of scrimmage.

Right. Only recently I've come to the realization... only that I never said he wasn't. Me thinks your reading comprehension isn't too good as the only thing I said about Bryant is he isn't as good as A.J. Green, Jonathan Baldwin, Julio Jones, and possibly Michael Floyd, and he I still say he isn't. And I still wouldn't touch him with the 12th pick.

I don't care how many TD's Spiller scored. Guess what it means? Nothing. Reggie Bush scored a whopping 35 all purpose TD's in only two years... Guess what he is now? Average. But I'm sure you thought Bush was an elite talent too. My argument against him not being able to run between the tackles carries no weight? You do realize we're talking about the NFL right? Having only the ability to run to the outside does not work in the NFL.

CJ. Spiller isn't and will never be a full time back. He'll be another Reggie Bush role player. He'll be a great role player though. But I'm not taking a role player with the 12th pick.

Yeah, you're right. And Spiller had the great Clemson OL to block for him, with all the other great Clemson offensive threats while poor Reggie only had that crappy USC line, with no other threats. Defenses were keying on Reggie. :err:

Spiller at 12 is not a stretch at all. Ricky is old and Ronnie is injured, two traits that are paramount for this regime to dump.

If they can land the #1 RB in the draft as late as 12, it could mean tremendous value.

Just out of curiosity, in "R&R Express" what does "R&R" stand for?

That great 80's wrestling team of Ricky Morton and Robert Gibson,
The Rock "N Roll Express......LOL

My point is that it's kind of funny that you have that in your avatar considering you said this in post #35:

"Rb's are a dime a dozen."

As if Ricky, Ronnie, Reggie Bush, and C.J. Spiller are a dime a dozen, huh? :d-day: I guess you could say RB's are a dime a dozen....just not good ones! And if that's the case, then why would you want their name? Very interesting!

My point is that it's kind of funny that you have that in your avatar considering you said this in post #35:

"Rb's are a dime a dozen."
I see. They are. You can find 1000 yard rushers anywhere nowadays. Not to mention when you have a line as good as ours is, anyone can run behind it. R&R Express was a popular nickname in those days and I took it for a name as I thought it was pretty good.

Back
Top Bottom