Spiller Could Find His Way To Miami | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Spiller Could Find His Way To Miami

mike mayock said that after spillers pro day workout in the rain he was getting calls left and right from scouts etc saying that this is "the real deal"

that guys left wowed by his workout...even in the rain...wowed 'em...

i'm sorry but that's nfl scouts saying that he's not a dime a dozen player...as if the tape couldn't have told you that to begin with...

Ah the age old debate over whether RBs are worth a first rounder. I'll throw my hat into the debate with three points:

Adrian Peterson
Building an entire offensive scheme around Ronnie Brown's talents
Chris Johnson

Yeah, I'd say that the folks in the NFL would disagree that RBs are a dime a dozen. All three of those folks were first rounders and I doubt those franchises regret their picks.
Will there be great RB's? Obviously. But RB's are as easily replaceable as any position in the NFL, especially when you have a great O-Line. Spiller is not this can't miss, all world prospect some people on this board try to make him.

mike mayock said that after spillers pro day workout in the rain he was getting calls left and right from scouts etc saying that this is "the real deal"

that guys left wowed by his workout...even in the rain...wowed 'em...

i'm sorry but that's nfl scouts saying that he's not a dime a dozen player...as if the tape couldn't have told you that to begin with...
Again, your point is? Scouts think this and think that all the time. Doesn't mean they're right now does it? We'll just have to wait until he sees an NFL field because you, nor I have any clue on what he'll become.

That means what again? Oh that's right, absolutely nothing. There are many players high on team's boards every single year that don't pan out. Spiller is a top 20 pick. Good for him. Doesn't mean he's going to be great. Reggie Bush isn't a scrub. Just like Spiller won't be a scrub. But he damn sure won't be a full time player, and damn sure won't be the next Chris Johnson like some on this board try to paint him as.

chris johnson won't last long if the titans keep running him between the tackles and giving him 350 carries...that's suicide for a guy that size...

but chris johnson can and will continue to do damage major damage if he has someone to handle some of the heavy lifting as far as carries are concerned...

cj spiller isn't a guy you give 20 carries to per game between the tackles...how many times i got to say it...

you give that guy 15-20 all purpose touches and let him light up nfl defenses with his speed vision acceleration cutback ability and plus hands...my god this is chunk yards all the way...

guys gonna do major damage in the pros...if he stays healthy...

ronnie may have gotten a dui seems to be conflicting reports there he's almost 29 gonna be a free agent next year father time is catching up with ricky williams soon...lex hilliard is a run of the mill plugger...

go get lightning in a bottle...

chris johnson won't last long if the titans keep running him between the tackles and giving him 350 carries...that's suicide for a guy that size...

but chris johnson can and will continue to do damage major damage if he has someone to handle some of the heavy lifting as far as carries are concerned...

cj spiller isn't a guy you give 20 carries to per game between the tackles...how many times i got to say it...

you give that guy 15-20 all purpose touches and let him light up nfl defenses with his speed vision acceleration cutback ability and plus hands...my god this is chunk yards all the way...

guys gonna do major damage in the pros...if he stays healthy...

ronnie may have gotten a dui seems to be conflicting reports there he's almost 29 gonna be a free agent next year father time is catching up with ricky williams soon...lex hilliard is a run of the mill plugger...

go get lightning in a bottle...
That's the problem. With the 12th pick, I want a full time player, not a role player. To each his own though.

That's the problem. With the 12th pick, I want a full time player, not a role player. To each his own though.

well i want a playmaker..something we sorely need both on offense and defense...

cj spiller is a playmaker...

well i want a playmaker..something we sorely need both on offense and defense...

Perhaps so. At least you recognize that. What gets me is people thinking he can come in and be a full time RB, and that drafting Spiller means we need to get rid of Ronnie/Ricky, which is just ridiculous. I would much, much rather have Dez Bryant at #12, who's both a full time player, and can get that chunk yardage you seek. Though I want to see our biggest problem, defense addressed in the 1st round, which is the main reason to my opposition to Spiller, and to a lesser extent Bryant in the 1st place.

i shouldn't have said what i did earlier...i took it too far...my bad

we can just agree to disagree...

i shouldn't have said what i did earlier...i took it too far...my bad

we can just agree to disagree...
Agree to disagree we will then.

Like I said, not saying Spiller will be a bust, but don't think he's going to be this special player some people are making him out to be. Dangerous playmaker? Yes. Full time player? I don't think so.

just for the record i guess...i never said full time player

i said combo player with a big back...

If a nose tackle can be worth a #12 overall pick, then a running back like Spiller can be worth the #12 overall pick.

Neither is a "full time player" from a snap count perspective.

But they both sure as hell have the ability to change games.

meeeehhh ...

i'd rather have a full time starter who fills a major need, an OLB, and who is exactly the type of player we want, a Brandon Graham...

if I want a playmaker i'll look in later rounds for a McCluster, a Jahvid Best, Joe McKnight, etc.

I understand Spiller has more talent and has that special something you look for in elite prospects, but him not being a feature back is a concern for me at #12 ... then again, Jeff could think otherwise, he likes backfields by commitee, Brown just got busted, Williams is soon to be done, Cobbs' knee is a big question-mark, and we all know how the dolphins are desperate for a big-chunk-yard type of player...so when i put all that into perspective, i wouldn't be too surprised to see him in a dolphins uniform

Who in this draft or any other draft is a featured back? Adrian effing Peterson isn't even a featured back.

Back
Top Bottom