Spiller Could Find His Way To Miami | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Spiller Could Find His Way To Miami

Even our WRs and TEs would benefit inmensly from having Spiller in our backfield!!!

Reputable banks would reject that transaction. Spiller would provide what we lack big time- offensive explosion. Great RB and a great receiving RB, can probably slplit out wide effectively. Pure speed and tremendous quicks as well. Ricky playing beyond 2010 lessens the chance of taking Spiller a bit imo, but I would be far from disappointed if he were the pick. Dude is instant explosion and instant chunk yardage.
No, he will be another Reggie Bush. You want chunk yardage? Get Dez Bryant. Spiller will be average.

Yeah, No. Riggie Bush played in the Pac-10. Spiller played in the ACC which is a way better conference and did just as good as Reggie. Spiller is a way better RB than Bush
If you really think that. Of course when he's unable to run between the tackles in the NFL like he has in college vs. any good defense, you'll see that he's just another Reggie Bush who can't run. Will make a great KR/PR and receiver out of the backfield, but as a rusher? Won't happen. Face it, Spiller will not be a Dolphin.

bryant, spiller, earl thomas at pick #12...any of the 3...that's what i've come to...

elite talent with any of the 3...

wait on olb til the 2nd round...

we could lose 3 running backs after this season and spiller is such a dynamite playmaker and talent that i'd be stoked with that pick...

earl thomas carried the weight well at the combine and looked good in drills...looks very good on tape...we need a ballhawk free safety...
Spiller and Earl Thomas "elite talent"? :lol: I can see Dez Bryant, but Thomas and Spiller are not elite by no means.

Spiller and Earl Thomas "elite talent"? :lol: I can see Dez Bryant, but Thomas and Spiller are not elite by no means.

How do you figure? Thomas would be "elite" if it weren't for the god like Eric Berry being in the draft. Thomas is definitely worth the #12 overall pick, as is Spiller.

I could be wrong but haven't there been several reports that Ireland is very high on Spiller. Think about it, we need a WR and next year we'll need a RB. Not only can Spiller run, catch, he can return kicks.

He's CJ v2.0

We need this man.

How do you figure? Thomas would be "elite" if it weren't for the god like Eric Berry being in the draft. Thomas is definitely worth the #12 overall pick, as is Spiller.

I could be wrong but haven't there been several reports that Ireland is very high on Spiller. Think about it, we need a WR and next year we'll need a RB. Not only can Spiller run, catch, he can return kicks.

He's CJ v2.0

We need this man.
No, Spiller isn't CJ 2.0 all at all. Not even close really. Just because he's fast does not make him Chris Johnson. Jahvid Best is much closer to CJ. And Earl Thomas is a good prospect, but #12 is most certainly a reach. Not exactly sure what he did to go from a 20-30 pick to worth the 12th pick since the college season ended. And this is coming from a huge fan of Thomas.

Spiller @ #12 is possible given how Ricky, Ronnie, & Cobbs are all FA's after the next season... The only other offensive skill player @ #12 that would be okay w/ me is J. Gresham.

the more and more i think about it the more i want us to draft spiller. spillers explosion and quickness is second to none. im really hopeing he is the guy now

Reputable banks would reject that transaction. Spiller would provide what we lack big time- offensive explosion. Great RB and a great receiving RB, can probably slplit out wide effectively. Pure speed and tremendous quicks as well. Ricky playing beyond 2010 lessens the chance of taking Spiller a bit imo, but I would be far from disappointed if he were the pick. Dude is instant explosion and instant chunk yardage.

yeah, i dont see how spiller = bush. spillar is a solid emmitt smith to me.

Spiller is a game breaker, we currently have exactly zero of these on offense right now. Would be a great pick IMO, plus take care of Ricky's impending FA, retirement, or next purple skunk incident

you may be right, i may be crazy, but it may just be a lunatic your looking for.

R&R, i respect your opinion-you are reputable. But i would like an analysis. I dont like Spiller, or didnt like him. Being a football purist i feel that a good line should make Betty White run for a 1000 yard season. I watched a lot of Clemson's games and a lot of Spiller and really really liked what i saw. I dont think he is a need, more like an offense if used correctly-i dont trust our team to uses weapons effectively (goal line weapon-Wilford, WC weapon-Pat White) but i think that to clearly call him Reggie Bush is a little unwarranted-at least from what i saw. If you can point me to a game or footage to show me that he cant run inside-which i havent seen at all, would be much appreciated.
Secondly-i noticed you said you are a huge Earl Thomas fan-really-who isnt? Kid can play. Ball Hawk has his picture next to it in the dictionary. I dont know why you see him as such a reach-even though i never liked that word-some of the best players were reaches. I think that w/o Berry, Thomas would be a number 5-15 pick any given year. I have even seen (kirwan?) mocks that have him gone before us. I think his size knock is overplayed and kind of ignorant seeing how he is 2 inches and 4 lbs lighter than Berry and more instinctual in coverage. If you threw out value and only looked at player skill and need-what makes you not want Thomas at 12. Especially when you consider the surplus of NT and SOLb prospect available in the future.

what's laughable to me is your evaluations of talent...only recently have you seem to come to your senses on how much of a top talent dez bryant is....i've been saying forever off my tape evals that dez bryant is a top 5 talent...you laughed at me then...

anybody who watches tape of cj spiller and comes away thinking that he is not an elite pro talent i put no stock in their opinion...it's laughable at best...spiller scored 52 collegiate tds 21 of which were of 50 yards or more...and you're telling me we can't use that kind of weapon on our offense??? please...

you're lame argument cant runbetween the tackles carries no weight either...you don't want to run cj spiller between the tackles 15 times per game...you want to get him out in space and off tackle and outside where he can create chunk yardage something this offense desperately needs...

he instantly has pro bowl upside and skills as a returner...will destroy lbs in coverage and in the flats...

this isn't an every year talent either...cj spillers don't come aound every year...there's no off field concerns whatsoever with this kid he even stayed in school an extra year when he could have easily been a first round pick and likely top 20 pick in last years draft...

give this kid 15-20 all purpose touches per game and get out of his way...ronnie and ricky who knows what or where they'll be past this year this pick make sense both for the present and the future...

he's got huge 10 inch hands which should make ball security not an issue...darn right i think he's an elite talent and he would look great in aqua and orange...

chunk yardage...this is the definition...

I like this pick! I really think we will make a move for Atogwe with the rams in the near future andour NT and OLB will be taken between rds 2 and 5, WR can be had through out the draft but a home run guy like spiller will only be there at 12

Back
Top Bottom