Spiller Could Find His Way To Miami | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Spiller Could Find His Way To Miami

well...for my money there's 5 bonafide elite talents in this draft...suh, mccoy, berry, bryant, and spiller...

we are so devoid of talent at the skills positions its not funny...yes we need an olb yes we need a free safety yes we need a te etc...

but i'm going with the elite talent if it's on the board...

just about every olb doesn't have ideal size...the other top free safety is slightly undersized...slightly

the nose tackle prospects none are can't miss...

well...for my money there's 5 bonafide elite talents in this draft...suh, mccoy, berry, bryant, and spiller...

we are so devoid of talent at the skills positions its not funny...yes we need an olb yes we need a free safety yes we need a te etc...

just about every olb doesn't have ideal size...the other top free safety is slightly undersized...slightly

Exactly. Those are the five prospects that for me carry next to no football risk. It's been the same way for me since December. Maybe even November.

And when you take a guy that ends up a very good player you're almost never going to be sorry you did that. But when you take a guy that ends up poor or just mediocre? Devastating.

what i basically did was i stopped trying to fill a must have need and just said let me put all these players in a bowl and just evaluate them for the talent they present...thus i came up with my top 5...

spiller is breathtaking on tape...he really is...i don't want to pass that up...

the heck with trying to plug an olb that i don't have as talented as another player just cause we "got to have it"

i love earl thomas and all but is he more talented than the 5 players i have listed??? i don't think so

Spiller is special! I for one am glad he will not be at Clemson next year. He made me worry every time he touched the ball. If we pass on him at 12 we will soon regret that decision! IMO

I agree...

the other major factor weighing in is this team's philosophy...

for instance, the colts have peyton manning and they spend a countless ammount of draft picks and money to surround him with talent...

what's the dolphins' philosophy is a question that remains to be answered IMO ...

but when i look at the big picture, they've been trying to give him some players, they built him a good Oline, etc. ... and now i see Mike Nolan coming in as DC, the miracle worker who accomplished a lot with a tiddy bit of talent in denver ...

so if you know Nolan can work things out and make your defence good without investing too much in it, why not use your ammunitions to load up Henne ?

:ponder:

if i look at it that way, again, Spiller wouldn't be a surprise pick

Those five have been my "can't pass" guys for a long time but the thing is if we do nothing with Ronnie Brown in the off season then I also see no way to take C.J. Spiller. I don't want to pass on him either. I'd try and trade Brown. But if I'm not finding the right opportunity I might pass. Spiller is not Adrian Peterson. Peterson was the guy you don't pass on regardless of who you have.

i don't know ck...no telling what or where ronnie brown will be next year...i'd try to trade him but if i can't i'd probably still take spiller...and get him on the field as much as i can...however i can...

then after this coming season you've got yourself a next decade type team cornerstone playmaker at rb...when you likely lose ronnie anyways or maybe ricky...or both

maybe see if someone wants to pony up a late pick for hilliard...who knows...

i'm still taking spiller...rolling with the talent

He carries very little football risk for me and he's a good talent but that stable is pretty full and Miami really needs pieces elsewhere. I hate passing up known superior talent but with Ronnie and Ricky in the stables already it's hard for me to take Spiller unless I know I'm trading one. We can't afford to take a guy at #12 that only sees the field occasionally.

I tend to agree with CK... if we have brown and ricky and hilliard, than I guess we have to determine how high spiller falls into the five can't miss prospects.

higher than dez bryant?? for me, probably not, given we have a full stable.

higher than eric berry??? tricky one. so tricky in fact that I haven't decided yet.

He carries very little football risk for me and he's a good talent but that stable is pretty full and Miami really needs pieces elsewhere. I hate passing up known superior talent but with Ronnie and Ricky in the stables already it's hard for me to take Spiller unless I know I'm trading one. We can't afford to take a guy at #12 that only sees the field occasionally.

With Ricky about to retire and Ronnie injury prone I would have to pull that trigger. Ronnie works well but only in a 2 back system if he is not over used. Cobbs would have to go unfortunatly unless we trade Brown which is what you kinda of suggested but probably a 2nd rounder is all he would fetch. But Brown is a big talent to this team IMO. Runs and catches very well when healthy and can do the wild cat thing. Of course take him and trade back for one of the less talented linebackers and grab another pick from a team that covets Spiller. There has to be a couple out there. We may have a diamond perhaps with Hillard and the 2 rookies we picked up last year. I am looking forward to seeing them in preseason.

Good Post And It Sounds Like Fun No Problems Here With That Especially With The Newest On Ronnie

Hey Hoopshoops - Dont apologize to someone that obviously hasnt watched the vid on this talent! On all boards he is even projected as a top 10 pick!! I have read that the hawks and the browns are looking at him. CKParrots had it right no one is a feature back anymore!! Spiller fits the mold of everything the Trifecta loves - so I say grab him, **** Bryant and his "divaness" - and run the F^%$&#G wishbone with this young stud!!

Obviously, the Ron Paul knucklehead beats his vienna sausage over Bryant like he is a supermodel - Go watch some video fool!!!

Hey Hoopshoops - Dont apologize to someone that obviously hasnt watched the vid on this talent! On all boards he is even projected as a top 10 pick!! I have read that the hawks and the browns are looking at him. CKParrots had it right no one is a feature back anymore!! Spiller fits the mold of everything the Trifecta loves - so I say grab him, **** Bryant and his "divaness" - and run the F^%$&#G wishbone with this young stud!!

Obviously, the Ron Paul knucklehead beats his vienna sausage over Bryant like he is a supermodel - Go watch some video fool!!!
:rolleyes2: You sir, are an idiot. I'm not sure if you're saying I love Dez Bryant? Can't really tell what you're trying to say there... but I think anybody on this board can tell you I am not a fan of Bryant. Continue on though, you amuse me.

Think about how succesful we were with ricky coming off the edge on third downs or maybe faking into the fly pattern for a pass . These are all things spiller can not only do welll but u can add the inside run and screen passes .. The point remains he fits our system better than ricky does period. All this talk that he is overated could be true with another team but not on this one.

Perhaps so. At least you recognize that. What gets me is people thinking he can come in and be a full time RB, and that drafting Spiller means we need to get rid of Ronnie/Ricky, which is just ridiculous. I would much, much rather have Dez Bryant at #12, who's both a full time player, and can get that chunk yardage you seek. Though I want to see our biggest problem, defense addressed in the 1st round, which is the main reason to my opposition to Spiller, and to a lesser extent Bryant in the 1st place.

Ronnie is going his own way after this season, get your head out of the sand. Ricky- well who knows how long he cares to play? So Spiller isn't an every down RB in the NFL. How many RBs can say that in today's NFL? H3ll, even Csonka had Kiick and Morris. Spiller plus a bruiser (Hilliard) will do just fine. How do you reconcile the fact that 1 in 5 KOs to Spiller went for TDs this year? No other player in the history of NCAA football can boast a stat anywhere near that. Imagine a better Devin Hester returning kicks that can also play RB and catch the ball out of the backfield. You will eat SOOO MUCH crow on this my friend. Just don't whine when every post you make is replied with...'remember what you thought about Spiller before the draft...'. I don't know if Spiller will be there, but if he is they'd be foolish NOT to take him.

Back
Top Bottom