Steve Wyche calls Dolphins a "dumpster fire"

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Crypt Keeper, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Crypt Keeper

Crypt Keeper FinHeaven VIP

https://twitter.com/wyche89/status/242956316476317696
    https://twitter.com/wyche89/status/242979711083507712

For those who don't know how Twitter works, Wyche's comments are the ones in the beginning "Uh. Ok. #1pick2013?" and "#dumpsterfire"

2. DuderinoN703

DuderinoN703 I can get you a toe Finheaven VIP Donator

The fact that you have to explain how Twitter works is proof to me this "news" is as relevant as how many times I took a **** last week

3. datruth55

datruth55 Starter

I would call it appropriate given that we went dumpster diving for players...another teams trash is somehow our treasure.

If Dolphins want to stop the negativity all they have to do is win. Until then it's not going to stop, until we put some real talent on this roster it's not going to stop, until we finally a team that makes the playoffs it's not going to stop. You can't defend what's been proven on the field for the last 3 seasons...20-28 record.

4. Sharkbait

Sharkbait Rookie

@wyche89 #douchebag

5. ITS!MATEO

ITS!MATEO A True Fan

I'm not going to lie that is funny.

Dumpster fire?? What a low blow :lol:

6. BlueFin

BlueFin Seer of Visions Finheaven VIP

Hey its possible, if so we end up winning the Barkley sweepstakes....trade the rights to draft him and end up with the biggest draft haul in Dolphin history.

What a great way to start the Tannehill era!

I think the best way to approach this season is no expectations except the growth and maturation of Ryan Tannehill, seeing our O-line come together, see progress in what decent pieces to the puzzle we do have, playing the spoiler role trying to upset a few teams...and get ready for what is shaping up to be quite possibly the most important draft(2013) in the last 40 years of Dolphin history.

We are not going to win the Superbowl this year, we are not going to the playoffs this year, this is a foundation year.

7. Stefins

Stefins Just a Dolphins Fan

Twitter is a joke.. Who cares

8. Nublar7

Nublar7 Retired Finheaven VIP

20-28 is not good, but it is definitely not a valid reason to call the Dolphins a dumpster fire. The Bills are 16-32 the past three seasons and the Rams are 10-38 over the past three years. Now the Rams are a dumpster fire. In fact Miami has won more games the past three seasons combined than the Rams have the past 5 seasons combined.

9. DuderinoN703

DuderinoN703 I can get you a toe Finheaven VIP Donator

But the Rams have Jeff Fisher who has won 44 Super Bowls and Sam Bradford who has done a ton in the league.

10. GoonBoss

GoonBoss Finheaven Templar Super Donator Donator

It's hackneyed.

Colin Cowherd has been using the phrase for a while now.

I'm sure he wasn't the first.

11. ITS!MATEO

ITS!MATEO A True Fan

I don't think he was referring to our past accomplishments as much as he was referring to the players we've brought in this year to compete. Not a lot of big signs nor did we go after anyone through trades.

Eh, I could see the joke there, but as soon as we're winning the laughing stops on their side.

---------- Post added at 10:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 AM ----------

I heard the word used before I just think it's funny when explaining our team at the moment.

12. datruth55

datruth55 Starter

Rams are a forgotten team...that's not a dumpster fire that's a raging enferno in a high rise office building.

Bills aren't talked about because they made some big name free agent signings and the talking heads expect them to make a push for the playoffs....only issue is they still have Chan Gailey as their coach and they're not going anywhere. When the season blows up on them that's when the talking heads will turn on them like a rabid animal and they'll question Chan Gailey's hiring, his career and everything else from the stadium to the fans. That's what they do, build you up to tear you down.

13. BlueFin

The Dolphins are a popular punching bag right now...I think it stems out of jealousy over the decades of winning we enjoyed in the 20th century. I think many are enjoying a chance to kick this franchise while it is down.

14. GoonBoss

I'd agree we are burning as a franchise. But, part of the rebirth process is burning it down. You can't
    advance your agenda without guys that aren't willing to come along, and I think that we are seeing the
    first step in the process this year. Not a bandaid. A fix.

15. ITS!MATEO

ITS!MATEO A True Fan

Same as they do UM

16. ITS!MATEO

ITS!MATEO A True Fan

I'd really hope so. We need it.

That's kind of why I stopped having expectations this year. I don't expect anything from them with hopes that we can build something ground up this time.

17. GoonBoss

I'll admit it.

I do it. I couldn't stand those teams back then, and I will bash UM any chance I get.

I do the same to Notre Dame.

I'm a certified hater.

18. J. David Wannyheimer

J. David Wannyheimer 5 Years of Posting Excellence. Donator

We swept the Bills last season -- in pretty dominant fashion -- and yet the narrative is that the Dolphins are a joke while the Bills are a great, rising football team. How long has that been the narrative on the Bills? For about fifteen years now, because they've been lousy longer than we have. In fact, outside of losing four straight Super Bowls, the Bills have always been lousy.

19. jtoomuch

jtoomuch Apalled and aghast Donator

​I have always felt that a lot of people bash everything Miami out of jealously. Our scenery, our climate, our women, the perception of the area as paradise, our women, the beaches, our women...

20. ITS!MATEO

ITS!MATEO A True Fan

21. Nublar7

It does grow tiring. I can accept people/talking heads not expecting the team to be good. Heck, I even predicted a losing season in the FinHeaven staff predictions. I just can't stand when people make smartass comments like "dumpster fire" or "With the first pick in the 2013 draft.....". I know Miami is currently not a very good team, but do guys like James Walker have to beat into us every day that "He doesn't think this team can win even 6 games" or Alex Marvez chuckling every time he is talking about the Dolphins on WQAM? Or what about Schein taking every opportunity to trash the team and giving the draft a grade of a "F". I understand not liking the draft, but a "F" grade is just him being a smartass, that isn't real journalism. The way people talk about the Dolphins you would think they have been getting the #1 pick every year for the last decade.

22. Vaark

Vaark Nihil taurus crappus Finheaven VIP Donator

Steve Wyche.. Who is he, why is he relevant and why should anyone give a flying **** what he thinks, especially when puked out on an OCD-like unregulated medium any more than the tweets of Incarcerated Bobby?

23. BlueFin

Exactly...its just the haters taking their shots whilst they can. I'm hoping for the best, but if this season is as bad as they think, gaining the first pick in a year when there is a much coveted QB coming out is not a bad thing...we would really be loaded with picks in that scenario, just look at what RG3 pulled in compensation.

24. nosleep

nosleep Resident GIF Maker

25. GoonBoss

Maybe in YOUR lifetime.

In mine, they had a run of being a dominate force that just couldn't quite ever get it done.
    But they would kill us in the late 80s early 90's.

26. Nublar7

The thing is, if Miami does end up with the #1 pick(which I don't think they will) doesn't that mean that Tannehill bombed as a rookie? If that is the case, is Philbin and Ireland even here next year? Wouldn't it also mean that the new regime would just throw Tannehill to the curb and take Barkley at #1?

27. Blustar

Blustar Well-Known Member

I think it's ironic that the team with the hottest dumbster fire was the Colts but of course they were so bad that they were saved by the "luck" of being the worst team last year. ( no questions asked) What did the Colts do to deserve the up and coming franchise label they now wear so proudly? That's right, they suked harder than anyone else. Is that fair? So, because they were the worst team in a very long time, they make good decisions? Their decision to tank the season is lauded now? I hate the Colts more than any other team in the league. Complete BS what they did last year and for the media to not call them out lst year was typical.

I hope the Dolphins play a lot better than expected and shut these dumbasses up.

28. J. David Wannyheimer

J. David Wannyheimer 5 Years of Posting Excellence. Donator

I know it's only been preseason so far, but from watching Ryan Tannehill I really can't even imagine that he's going to bomb badly enough for Miami to draft a QB in April. But that said, if he does go out there and look totally lost and outmatched, then yeah, you take the #1 quarterback prospect and you don't apologize for it. With the evolution of the game and the rule changes that have been passed, that position is so important that you might as well not even bother fielding a team if you don't have a good quarterback. You can't set your franchise back for years just to spare the ego of a guy you drafted the year before.

But again, I really, really, really don't anticipate this being a topic of debate going into April. I think Ryan Tannehill is among the least of our problems on offense right now.

Hey, I watched them lose four straight Super Bowls! I just can't bring myself to give them any credit.

29. ryanosaur2000

ryanosaur2000 A True Fan Donator

This is the issue with the media, in particular US media (I hope you guys don't mind me saying that). It seems that analysts/journalists are encouraged to use lanuage that is as controversial as possible to try and stir up reaction, thus increasing viewership/national coverage. The NFL AM show for example is awful, I mean Wyche, Eric Davis and that clown Kriegel spouting off hyperbole for a few hours every morning is not my idea of analysis.

30. finfan54

finfan54 A True Fan Donator

who do the buffalo bills have at WR?

oh, the great stevie johnson. The guy we blasted when he went over the middle. didnt hear his name the whole rest of the day. That vaunted running game was stuffed like a turkey. Their Oline has a rookie at LT and second year scrub pickup at RT and the florida state guy they just drafted went on IR. They just spent a 100 million on a guy who did not help take Houston TExans to super bowl. So far Mark Anderson is not showing based on what I am hearing.

But anyways, we suck. So, lets go out there and kick the refs *** by running them over by mistake!!!

31. GoonBoss

I try to use a mirror when I comment on other teams/accomplishments. I can't really stand eye to eye and toe to toe
    when all I've got in the arsenal is trash. I hate the Bills. I hate the Jets. I now hate the Patriots. The Colts used to be
    almost a Co-favorite when they were in Baltimore, because Bert Jones is probably my favorite player ever, other
    than Jim Jensen. In fact, my favorite players, in order, tend to go; 1. Jensen. 2. Bert Jones. 3. Steve Grogan.

How can you root against a guy the Patriots made sign a release from liability regarding his neck, and, played with
    a horsecollar pad around his neck? I guess as I review my life, I've always loved Dolphins football, but,
    I subscribe to a quote I heard on "The Wind And The Lion".

"The road to greatness, should you choose it. I wouldn't begrudge you if you didn't. ..... Is dark, and twisted. It's
    only lit on occasion by other great men....Most of whom, are your enemies."

32. GoonBoss

I think the Brits have us beat.

But, as the language around sports becomes the mouthpiece of the masses.....And the masses have direct interaction,
    the press is going to eventually disintegrate. Back in the day, sportswriters were gods. Today, they are cartoons.

I really like LeBetard in that he's embraced it. He doesn't like it, but he's accepted it.
    And he's never sold out. He's living his life on his terms.

33. rent this space

rent this space Starter Finheaven VIP

Guys like Walker and Wyche will be the first ones on the bandwagon when Miami wins a few, they just follow the wind...

34. ryanosaur2000

ryanosaur2000 A True Fan Donator

Being a fan of several sports, I watch both the English and US sports media regularly so I will have to respectfully disagree on your first point (comparing ESPN and BBC soccer coverage is a prime example), but I do agree on your other statements GoonBoss. The media as a whole, in particular sports media is becoming increasingly sensationalist and, as you said, cartoonish.

35. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit A True Fan

Honestly we didn't do ourselves any favors with Hard Knocks which is why everyone has an opinion all of a sudden. Take away Hard Knocks (where they put too much emphasis on irrelevant little details like Philbin's obsession with pieces of garbage) and all these people wouldn't even say a word about us.

36. sm0kinfins

sm0kinfins Adults are obsolete children

I hear they just acquired a pretty decent CB... :tumbleweed:

37. flynryan15

flynryan15 A True Fan Donator

This is bull****! Flaming dumpster is Tylerdolphins line!

38. FinaticalOne

FinaticalOne DieHard FinFan 4 Life

:lol: I was thinking that was pretty harsh too. The Fins have to win to change this perception of anyone outside of the Fin faithfuls.

39. dolphinsboys

dolphinsboys Member

right on ,

40. kasaba13

kasaba13 Seasoned Veteran

Who is Steve Wyche and why do we care what he says? The team is rebuilding with a young QB...the media needs to get over it. If Tanny starts tearing it up by the end of the year they will all be saying "I told you so".

41. Vaark

Vaark Nihil taurus crappus Finheaven VIP Donator

By all rights, Wyche shouldn't be labeling the decisions of anyone else as a "dumpster fire" when he himself has got one raging at home.

[​IMG]

42. Krush

Krush Finaholic Donator

You guys are just as bad as wyche, stop printing that bull crap and stop hating on your own team, wyche is just a mouth piece for his employers, what is he supposed to say? they're going to be a great team this year? this the reason why people don't go to the game because all of you arm chair QB's have already made an opinion about the team, please just go to a game and support your team.

43. Krush

Krush Finaholic Donator

Bradford stays injured, and Fisher hasn't won a superbowl yet

44. The Tannehills Have Eyes

The Tannehills Have Eyes A True Fan

why do people take what the media says to heart?