Steve Wyche calls Dolphins a "dumpster fire" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Steve Wyche calls Dolphins a "dumpster fire"

Crypt Keeper

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/wyche89/status/242956316476317696
Uh. Ok. #1pick2013? "@MikeAHayes: @wyche89 @NFL_AM The Finz will mk you all eat yr words by seasons end. Finz aint that bad, youll see!!"

https://twitter.com/wyche89/status/242979711083507712

#dumpsterfire "@jetsfrek86: @wyche89 @MikeAHayes I don't think so. They have no threat on offense & rookie QB. Only thing they have is Bush.

For those who don't know how Twitter works, Wyche's comments are the ones in the beginning "Uh. Ok. #1pick2013?" and "#dumpsterfire"

The fact that you have to explain how Twitter works is proof to me this "news" is as relevant as how many times I took a **** last week

I would call it appropriate given that we went dumpster diving for players...another teams trash is somehow our treasure.

If Dolphins want to stop the negativity all they have to do is win. Until then it's not going to stop, until we put some real talent on this roster it's not going to stop, until we finally a team that makes the playoffs it's not going to stop. You can't defend what's been proven on the field for the last 3 seasons...20-28 record.

I'm not going to lie that is funny.

Dumpster fire?? What a low blow :lol:

Hey its possible, if so we end up winning the Barkley sweepstakes....trade the rights to draft him and end up with the biggest draft haul in Dolphin history.

What a great way to start the Tannehill era!

I think the best way to approach this season is no expectations except the growth and maturation of Ryan Tannehill, seeing our O-line come together, see progress in what decent pieces to the puzzle we do have, playing the spoiler role trying to upset a few teams...and get ready for what is shaping up to be quite possibly the most important draft(2013) in the last 40 years of Dolphin history.

We are not going to win the Superbowl this year, we are not going to the playoffs this year, this is a foundation year.

You can't defend what's been proven on the field for the last 3 seasons...20-28 record.

20-28 is not good, but it is definitely not a valid reason to call the Dolphins a dumpster fire. The Bills are 16-32 the past three seasons and the Rams are 10-38 over the past three years. Now the Rams are a dumpster fire. In fact Miami has won more games the past three seasons combined than the Rams have the past 5 seasons combined.

20-28 is not good, but it is definitely not a valid reason to call the Dolphins a dumpster fire. The Bills are 16-32 the past three seasons and the Rams are 10-38 over the past three years. Now the Rams are a dumpster fire. In fact Miami has won more games the past three seasons combined than the Rams have the past 5 seasons combined.

But the Rams have Jeff Fisher who has won 44 Super Bowls and Sam Bradford who has done a ton in the league.

I don't think he was referring to our past accomplishments as much as he was referring to the players we've brought in this year to compete. Not a lot of big signs nor did we go after anyone through trades.

Eh, I could see the joke there, but as soon as we're winning the laughing stops on their side.

---------- Post added at 10:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 AM ----------

It's hackneyed.

Colin Cowherd has been using the phrase for a while now.

I'm sure he wasn't the first.

I heard the word used before I just think it's funny when explaining our team at the moment.

Rams are a forgotten team...that's not a dumpster fire that's a raging enferno in a high rise office building.

Bills aren't talked about because they made some big name free agent signings and the talking heads expect them to make a push for the playoffs....only issue is they still have Chan Gailey as their coach and they're not going anywhere. When the season blows up on them that's when the talking heads will turn on them like a rabid animal and they'll question Chan Gailey's hiring, his career and everything else from the stadium to the fans. That's what they do, build you up to tear you down.

The Dolphins are a popular punching bag right now...I think it stems out of jealousy over the decades of winning we enjoyed in the 20th century. I think many are enjoying a chance to kick this franchise while it is down.

I don't think he was referring to our past accomplishments as much as he was referring to the players we've brought in this year to compete. Not a lot of big signs nor did we go after anyone through trades.

Eh, I could see the joke there, but as soon as we're winning the laughing stops on their side.

---------- Post added at 10:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 AM ----------

I heard the word used before I just think it's funny when explaining our team at the moment.

I'd agree we are burning as a franchise. But, part of the rebirth process is burning it down. You can't
advance your agenda without guys that aren't willing to come along, and I think that we are seeing the
first step in the process this year. Not a bandaid. A fix.

The Dolphins are a popular punching bag right now...I think it stems out of jealousy over the decades of winning we enjoyed in the 20th century. I think many are enjoying a chance to kick this franchise while it is down.

Same as they do UM

Back
Top Bottom