Steve Wyche calls Dolphins a "dumpster fire" | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Steve Wyche calls Dolphins a "dumpster fire"

I know it's only been preseason so far, but from watching Ryan Tannehill I really can't even imagine that he's going to bomb badly enough for Miami to draft a QB in April. But that said, if he does go out there and look totally lost and outmatched, then yeah, you take the #1 quarterback prospect and you don't apologize for it. With the evolution of the game and the rule changes that have been passed, that position is so important that you might as well not even bother fielding a team if you don't have a good quarterback. You can't set your franchise back for years just to spare the ego of a guy you drafted the year before.

But again, I really, really, really don't anticipate this being a topic of debate going into April. I think Ryan Tannehill is among the least of our problems on offense right now.

Hey, I watched them lose four straight Super Bowls! I just can't bring myself to give them any credit.

I try to use a mirror when I comment on other teams/accomplishments. I can't really stand eye to eye and toe to toe
when all I've got in the arsenal is trash. I hate the Bills. I hate the Jets. I now hate the Patriots. The Colts used to be
almost a Co-favorite when they were in Baltimore, because Bert Jones is probably my favorite player ever, other
than Jim Jensen. In fact, my favorite players, in order, tend to go; 1. Jensen. 2. Bert Jones. 3. Steve Grogan.

How can you root against a guy the Patriots made sign a release from liability regarding his neck, and, played with
a horsecollar pad around his neck? I guess as I review my life, I've always loved Dolphins football, but,
I subscribe to a quote I heard on "The Wind And The Lion".

"The road to greatness, should you choose it. I wouldn't begrudge you if you didn't. ..... Is dark, and twisted. It's
only lit on occasion by other great men....Most of whom, are your enemies."

This is the issue with the media, in particular US media (I hope you guys don't mind me saying that). It seems that analysts/journalists are encouraged to use lanuage that is as controversial as possible to try and stir up reaction, thus increasing viewership/national coverage. The NFL AM show for example is awful, I mean Wyche, Eric Davis and that clown Kriegel spouting off hyperbole for a few hours every morning is not my idea of analysis.

I think the Brits have us beat.

But, as the language around sports becomes the mouthpiece of the masses.....And the masses have direct interaction,
the press is going to eventually disintegrate. Back in the day, sportswriters were gods. Today, they are cartoons.

I really like LeBetard in that he's embraced it. He doesn't like it, but he's accepted it.
And he's never sold out. He's living his life on his terms.

Guys like Walker and Wyche will be the first ones on the bandwagon when Miami wins a few, they just follow the wind...

I think the Brits have us beat.

But, as the language around sports becomes the mouthpiece of the masses.....And the masses have direct interaction,
the press is going to eventually disintegrate. Back in the day, sportswriters were gods. Today, they are cartoons.

I really like LeBetard in that he's embraced it. He doesn't like it, but he's accepted it.
And he's never sold out. He's living his life on his terms.

Being a fan of several sports, I watch both the English and US sports media regularly so I will have to respectfully disagree on your first point (comparing ESPN and BBC soccer coverage is a prime example), but I do agree on your other statements GoonBoss. The media as a whole, in particular sports media is becoming increasingly sensationalist and, as you said, cartoonish.

Honestly we didn't do ourselves any favors with Hard Knocks which is why everyone has an opinion all of a sudden. Take away Hard Knocks (where they put too much emphasis on irrelevant little details like Philbin's obsession with pieces of garbage) and all these people wouldn't even say a word about us.

I think it's ironic that the team with the hottest dumbster fire was the Colts but of course they were so bad that they were saved by the "luck" of being the worst team last year. ( no questions asked) What did the Colts do to deserve the up and coming franchise label they now wear so proudly? That's right, they suked harder than anyone else. Is that fair? So, because they were the worst team in a very long time, they make good decisions? Their decision to tank the season is lauded now? I hate the Colts more than any other team in the league. Complete BS what they did last year and for the media to not call them out lst year was typical.

I hope the Dolphins play a lot better than expected and shut these dumbasses up.

I hear they just acquired a pretty decent CB... :tumbleweed:

This is bull****! Flaming dumpster is Tylerdolphins line!

Who is Steve Wyche and why do we care what he says? The team is rebuilding with a young QB...the media needs to get over it. If Tanny starts tearing it up by the end of the year they will all be saying "I told you so".

By all rights, Wyche shouldn't be labeling the decisions of anyone else as a "dumpster fire" when he himself has got one raging at home.

DelD20100614C-1.jpg

You guys are just as bad as wyche, stop printing that bull crap and stop hating on your own team, wyche is just a mouth piece for his employers, what is he supposed to say? they're going to be a great team this year? this the reason why people don't go to the game because all of you arm chair QB's have already made an opinion about the team, please just go to a game and support your team.

Back
Top Bottom