Stick with Minor or get an FA? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Stick with Minor or get an FA?

Stick with Minor or bring someone else in?

• Stick with Minor as the feature back

Votes: 50 50.5%
  • Bring in a free agent as the feature back

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • Bring in a free agent and split carries with Minor

Votes: 32 32.3%
  • Fold 'em up this season and wait for Edge in '05 or a high draft pick

Votes: 12 12.1%

• Total voters
Holy crap you're not seriously comparing Travis Minor with Faulk, Sanders and Davis are you??? :eek:

Mr. Miyagi said:
IMO, Mack is done. If you couldn't win the starting job in a brand spanking new expansion team, you're useless. I wouldn't bother with him.
Mack might not be good, i cant say for sure. But the reasoning he couldnt win the job on an expansion team has no backing. He DID win the job, but he got injured, and Dominick Davis played so well, they kept playing him. Also just cuz there an expansion team doesnt mean nething, they were an expansion team witha young talented RB on it.

IMO the dolphins should do the following:

1) Keep Minor as their feature back allowing him 15-25 carries a game to see if he handles it well

2) Allow Konrad to run short yardage

3) Let Henry, Morris, and/or Russell be the change of pace backs

I honestly believe that if Minor stays healthy and Davey opens up the offense a little bit we can be a successful team this year. Minor could go off for 1200+ yds and 10+ TD's. It's truly a shame that Dave ran Ricky into the ground the last 2 years and didn't give Minor a chance.....even though he consistently made plays when he did get in.

dolphindude13 said:
I agree with letting Konrad do the short yardage and keeping Minor in the feature back spot. Mack or James Stewart is just taking up cap and roster space. I keep hereing Edge in 05'...What if Minor goes off for a 1000 yds and 10-12 td's? Are we still wanting Edge at this time next year?....just a thought. We should give the guy a chance before we make plans for 05. And dont give me the crap about his size. Look at Faulk...Sanders...Terrell Davis..it wont wash.

Good post DD13. Let's give Minor a chance. I like Henry too.

Sure I would like to get Ahman Green,Alexander or some of the feature backs out there but the cost would be too great.I would rather keep our picks and Ogun ,sign a couple of backup RB and stick it out with what we have.

Stick with Minor and then use Henry to spell him and in short yardage.

We go with Minor this year, if he cranks out 1100 to 1300 or so forget about Edge next year, let Indy keep him. If Minor fails to be good enough (I doubt it) then I'm sure we can afford to pay edge more than indy can and he probably wants to come back to Miami anyway.

dolphindude13 said:
I agree with letting Konrad do the short yardage and keeping Minor in the feature back spot. Mack or James Stewart is just taking up cap and roster space. I keep hereing Edge in 05'...What if Minor goes off for a 1000 yds and 10-12 td's? Are we still wanting Edge at this time next year?....just a thought. We should give the guy a chance before we make plans for 05. And dont give me the crap about his size. Look at Faulk...Sanders...Terrell Davis..it wont wash.
look at portis him and minor same size minor will surprise alot of people this year ricky who :D

I'd like to stick with Minor and let Henry or Russell spell him or be 3rd down backs. That is just wishful thinking. It simply will not work in our current scheme. The Norv Turner scheme requires that you pound the ball to open up the passing game. That is what Wanny is sticking with this season, and it is too late to install another scheme. I also believe that Wanny is inflexible and will end up sticking Minor in there, or Mack or whomever and run them straight into 8 defenders on 7 out of 10 plays.

I think what you guys are wanting is to use Minor in a slightly different role as Ricky's. Use him like Buffalo did Travis Henry...Lots of runs around the corners and swing passes against man coverage (like the Jets and Bills shredded us with,) and lots of quick passes against zone. A few runs up the middle to keep them honest, but basically new playcalling.

I doubt we'll see it. It just isn't in Wanny's philosophy to change his gameplan to suit his personnel. We'll see the same plays and all we can hope for is that Feely can finally connect on the few longballs that are called.

mack is out of shape. I doubt we sign him. I hope that leonard henry is healthy. Im excited to see how he can do. BTW, whats up w/F. russell? Will he make the team?

Mr. Miyagi said:
Holy crap you're not seriously comparing Travis Minor with Faulk, Sanders and Davis are you??? :eek:
he is talking about there size people say minor is to small well i think he might be bigger than portis .

jaxdolfan said:
I'd like to stick with Minor and let Henry or Russell spell him or be 3rd down backs. That is just wishful thinking. It simply will not work in our current scheme. The Norv Turner scheme requires that you pound the ball to open up the passing game. That is what Wanny is sticking with this season, and it is too late to install another scheme. I also believe that Wanny is inflexible and will end up sticking Minor in there, or Mack or whomever and run them straight into 8 defenders on 7 out of 10 plays.

I think what you guys are wanting is to use Minor in a slightly different role as Ricky's. Use him like Buffalo did Travis Henry...Lots of runs around the corners and swing passes against man coverage (like the Jets and Bills shredded us with,) and lots of quick passes against zone. A few runs up the middle to keep them honest, but basically new playcalling.

I doubt we'll see it. It just isn't in Wanny's philosophy to change his gameplan to suit his personnel. We'll see the same plays and all we can hope for is that Feely can finally connect on the few longballs that are called.
Unfortuantley u might be right. We can only hope this offensive coaching staff does atleast change enuff to make it comfortable on the QB(as much as possible) etc. But at this point...we can only pray:pray: .

Rickyrunsover...Henry would be mroe a change of pace back then a short yardage back. Alot of people(i dont kno if u r 1 of them) seem to b under the misconception tht Henry is a bruiser, while in reality hes alot like Travis, with just a little more power in his running. For short yardage well most likley go with a combo of Konrad and Morris, and a FA if we sign one(assuming its a big guy like Mack or Stewart).

MelbournePhin said:
mack is out of shape. I doubt we sign him. I hope that leonard henry is healthy. Im excited to see how he can do. BTW, whats up w/F. russell? Will he make the team?
...how exactly do u kno the physical condition of Stacey Mack? I find it hard to believe uve been monorting his work habits, diet etc. over the offseason:shakeno: .

Fred Russel would have ahard time making the team if a big name FA is singed, but even tho thered b a slight chance. If no other RB is signed in the offseason, he should make the team unless he looks very poor in TC.

Back
Top Bottom