Sugar Bowl thread let's get a look at Mallett | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sugar Bowl thread let's get a look at Mallett

Mallett is definitely impressive with his mid-range passes. His short yardage passes have been rather inconsistent, though.

yes i agree the short stuff especially on the screens the ball has been low this year...but then the kid follows up with that touch and accuracy on the vertical td to the corner of the endzone...

2nd time tonight the ball on a corner endzone toss has been pinpoint...it doesn't get much better than that...and for a kid that can throw the ball thru a brick wall thats freakin impressive

and saw him throw a ball against lsu 30 plus yards from the center of the field on a line in over the corner and in front of the oncoming safety vs cover 2 for a catch and td that was a freakin lazer...jaw dropper...showed anticipation and accuracy and that off the charts arm...safety had no chance...i bet that ball hissed on its way down the field...

i've seen that kind of big play vertical pass from him all year...

I like me some DJ Williams. He's the catching type TE this team needs. I've seen him a lot this year, and he's been impressive.

*He can block, too. :)

Let's start a Mallett smokes a lot of pot rumor to make sure he drops down to us. With twitter, I think we can pull it off.

Mmm ... turn the game on. Just watch some of his reactions. You can see from a mile away that he could be more of a pain in the *** than needed. I've watched a good amount of Mallett this year and noticed a bit of his attitude, but I think he's been a little more "fresh" tonight.

nd I just seen Mallet throw a perfect pass on the sideline that Henne would of threw either out of bounds or 3 feet over his WR hands..

Seriously guys... There is no such thing as the perfect prospect! Peyton Manning has happy feet in the pocket. Tom Brady isn't very mobile either. Dan Marino had no knees but had a mean shuffle. And remember that in Peyton's interview he told the GM and coach that if they didn't draft him, he'd kick their *** for the next 10 years. Rivers is a complete d*ck with a crappy delivery... Aaron Rodgers had a crappy delivery too... Catch my drift. You build around the strengths of the player, hence why you don't see anyone with the last name Manning, Marino, or Brady running naked boots.

Its very easy to find something wrong with every prospect... You get paid the big bucks to find what is right and build from it

u
Seriously guys... There is no such thing as the perfect prospect! Peyton Manning has happy feet in the pocket. Tom Brady isn't very mobile either. Dan Marino had no knees but had a mean shuffle. And remember that in Peyton's interview he told the GM and coach that if they didn't draft him, he'd kick their *** for the next 10 years. Rivers is a complete d*ck with a crappy delivery... Aaron Rodgers had a crappy delivery too... Catch my drift. You build around the strengths of the player, hence why you don't see anyone with the last name Manning, Marino, or Brady running naked boots.

Its very easy to find something wrong with every prospect... You get paid the big bucks to find what is right and build from it

Im not catching your drift, are you saying that we keep Henne and build around hi not willing to improvise by getting players that once their route is done, they stop in the middle of the field and block so Henne can tuck it and run for 1/2 yard? lol jk

nd I just seen Mallet throw a perfect pass on the sideline that Henne would of threw either out of bounds or 3 feet over his WR hands..

I never said to keep Henne over Mallett. I just said these are some issues that are becoming more apparent.

yes i agree the short stuff especially on the screens the ball has been low this year...but then the kid follows up with that touch and accuracy on the vertical td to the corner of the endzone...

2nd time tonight the ball on a corner endzone toss has been pinpoint...it doesn't get much better than that...and for a kid that can throw the ball thru a brick wall thats freakin impressive

and saw him throw a ball against lsu 30 plus yards from the center of the field on a line in over the corner and in front of the oncoming safety vs cover 2 for a catch and td that was a freakin lazer...jaw dropper...showed anticipation and accuracy and that off the charts arm...safety had no chance...i bet that ball hissed on its way down the field...

i've seen that kind of big play vertical pass from him all year...

That was a beautiful throw.

It's interesting because all bowl season I've been noticing these guys use the month of practice to improve some facet of their game. In this game it's clear that Mallet is showing better touch on the vertical than he's shown previously. But, he still doesn't understand how to use touch in closer spaces, to either get to spaces between the zone defenders, or to allow guys in man to run under it to the sidelines, that sort of thing.

It strikes me as within his selfish nature to learn the kind of touch he needs in order to hit the end zone face or get beyond the reaches of the defense...but the up and down throw to get into finite spaces within the defenese? I think he'd rather just gun it over the middle (and throw picks to Ed Reed and the like).

Seriously, is Terrel Pryor even really a QB?? Brad Smith in the making? Or just another no name future QB that is lebrons best friend.

Seriously, is Terrel Pryor even really a QB?? Brad Smith in the making? Or just another no name future QB that is lebrons best friend.

In the right system, he can be deadly. He's got a good arm. He can throw. Obviously, there are Qb's and prospects who can do it better, but Pryor can kill you with his arm as well. The NFL will be sick with all these guys coming out.

Back
Top Bottom