Suns vs. Spurs | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Suns vs. Spurs

In my opinion, it takes away from the integrity of the game if you loosen or tighten the rules in anyway during the playoffs...You have to be consistent with the rules, after all they are there for a reason...

I'm not going to get into the discussion about calls that were made. As far as I'm concerned, the Suns lost this game by not showing up. If they had made half those ridiculous missed shots, the game would have been theirs regardless of the calls made. Granted, the spurs defense is top notch, but they were missing sure shots that they make 99% of the time and missing despite excellent opportunities. They didn't take advantage and it cost them.

As far as I'm concerned, only one Sun showed up for this game, Marion. Bell showed up for a quarter. That's it. Calls and statements made before the game mean nothing when you miss so many shots.

In my opinion, it takes away from the integrity of the game if you loosen or tighten the rules in anyway during the playoffs...You have to be consistent with the rules, after all they are there for a reason...

I agree,but when something makes alot of money(The NBA),then your gonna have these problems.I think thats every NBA fans gripe.Officiating.And every players too.Thats the unfortunate thing with basketball.They love it that w'ere sitting here talking about this.It creates controversy.Controversy between two fans teams=ratings.Ratings=money.

Then the cycle continues.

I'm not going to get into the discussion about calls that were made. As far as I'm concerned, the Suns lost this game by not showing up. If they had made half those ridiculous missed shots, the game would have been theirs regardless of the calls made. Granted, the spurs defense is top notch, but they were missing sure shots that they make 99% of the time and missing despite excellent opportunities. They didn't take advantage and it cost them.

As far as I'm concerned, only one Sun showed up for this game, Marion. Bell showed up for a quarter. That's it. Calls and statements made before the game mean nothing when you miss so many shots.

I thought it was a good game.The thing I was telling Bullseye was that the Suns tried to play Spurs B-ball(physical).Thats not their game.They rely on speed.And yeah if they would have hit those shots, the Suns would have won.

I thought it was a good game.The thing I was telling Bullseye was that the Suns tried to play Spurs B-ball(physical).Thats not their game.They rely on speed.And yeah if they would have hit those shots, the Suns would have won.
I disagree. Game one was a good game, despite the outcome. Both teams played at the top of their ability in that one. It would be crazy to think the Suns played their best in this one. 16 turnovers, most of which were caused by themselves (clumsiness and horrible, horrible passing) and the said missed shots are not playing to the top of their ability. Granted, as mentioned, the Spurs d contributed to some, but certainly not all. I can't believe how many layups I watched the Suns miss that they would have made on any other night (even against the spurs).

I saw nothing wrong with the semi-physical approach they took. Sticking to strictly speed play has gotten them nowhere against this team. The more physical play helped them tremendously in Game 2. What I saw go wrong was screwing up what they normally are extremely consistant with. It would be like the Spurs screwing up the physical play and defense. The spurs get the most credit for taking advantages of the Suns screw ups. That's what good teams do. The Suns did the same thing in Game 2.

I disagree. Game one was a good game, despite the outcome. Both teams played at the top of their ability in that one. It would be crazy to think the Suns played their best in this one. 16 turnovers, most of which were caused by themselves (clumsiness and horrible, horrible passing) and the said missed shots are not playing to the top of their ability. Granted, as mentioned, the Spurs d contributed to some, but certainly not all. I can't believe how many layups I watched the Suns miss that they would have made on any other night (even against the spurs).

I saw nothing wrong with the semi-physical approach they took. Sticking to strictly speed play has gotten them nowhere against this team. The more physical play helped them tremendously in Game 2. What I saw go wrong was screwing up what they normally are extremely consistant with. It would be like the Spurs screwing up the physical play and defense. The spurs get the most credit for taking advantages of the Suns screw ups. That's what good teams do. The Suns did the same thing in Game 2.

I agree for the most part.I just dont think the Suns are that bang em up kind of team tho.They arent really built that way.You have one,maybe two guys that can play that style.The Suns want to outscore you,they dont really want to concern themselves with what the other team does.And mistakes youre right will kill any teams chances of winning.And of course I thought the game was good.......The Spurs won.

Yes, everyone complains especially when there are legit bad calls...You should take heed of what you are saying the next time you guys decide to call us whiners...

It's easy man, you either win or lose. No f'ing excuses. When have we ever whined about that crap?

Phoenix lost the game b/c they didn't score more points then SA did. Simple huh? Did fouls cause Phoenix to miss shots too?

The Spurs will probably end up winning and its a real shame. The Suns are everything thats right in basketball, and Stern should be working overtime to convince the refs that every playoff game doesn't necessarily need to turn into a physical wrestling match. Its not that difficult....just call the games like you do in the regular season.

Noone except those pitifully small fanbases in San Antonio and Detroit want to see another rematch of those two teams in the finals. Thats almost unwatchable.

Well I'm in Virginia and I'd love to see the Spurs in the finals. I don't give a damn about Detroit though. You think the finals would suck with those two teams?

Don't watch 'em then

Talking smack and being hypocritical is calling me a whiner because I say the game was officiated badly...You act like Im blaming the refs for the Suns losing and that is simply untrue...

You don't seem to be giving ANY credit to the Spurs 2 victories. First it's Nash's nose that lost the game and from what I've seen, it's the BS calls on Stoudemire and everyone else.

If I'm wrong then so be it but I don't believe I've seen one shred of respect for what SA is doing.

Oh shut up! You guys are so used to the refs babying the spurs that you can't even watch a game clearly.

Have you ever played basketball? Do you know the rules? I really wonder if you do.

The spurs should have blown the suns out with Amare averaging only 1/3 of his normal time on the floor. On the other hand Duncan plays all day because we all know we can't call a foul on Timmy, the refs may get suspended or something.

I watched the game with a lot of people and I was one of the only suns fans among a group of pretty neutral fans. Even people with no routing interest in this game were outraged by what they watched. It's ok though, every non-spurs fan I talk to agrees and every clown spurs fan says I'm just whining. It's really pretty ridiculous. Especially you two.

:boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo:

The Spurs will probably end up winning and its a real shame. The Suns are everything thats right in basketball, and Stern should be working overtime to convince the refs that every playoff game doesn't necessarily need to turn into a physical wrestling match. Its not that difficult....just call the games like you do in the regular season.

Noone except those pitifully small fanbases in San Antonio and Detroit want to see another rematch of those two teams in the finals. Thats almost unwatchable.

I couldn't disagree more. Just because you don't appear to appreciate defense, does not mean that no-one does.

BTW: "The Suns are everything right in basketball..." :rolleyes2 Bias much?

My biggest gripe is that the calls are different in the playoffs, they allow more fouls to go uncalled in the post, which gives a distinct advantage to teams like the Spurs and Pistons...Teams like the Suns strive on spreading the floor and penetrating, most importantly they play with finesse...You cant call the fouls all season long, then when the playoffs start take away the way the finesse teams play and give an advantage to the more physical teams...This isnt saying the there is a bias against any certain teams, its just that when less fouls are called on both ends it allows physical teams to be more physical then allowed in the regular season, and changes the game of less physical teams...

It comes down to one thing, a foul is a foul whether its regular season or playoffs...They need to start calling the same calls consistently...

Quick question ... Is this your first playoff series?

It's not like this is the first time this has happened - it happens every year.

Complain all you want (it won't do any good)

The Spurs are simply a better playoff team than the Suns. Isn't that what you're really mad about?

GO SPURS GO!
Spurs in 6.

Back
Top Bottom