Super Bowl Takeaways For The Dolphins? | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Super Bowl Takeaways For The Dolphins?

You can think that way all you want and be miserable again for the next decade. But I’d rather focus on the Fins finally getting their **** together to compete with playoff teams
Have been optimistic the bigger part of the last 40 years (and counting) and that for sure didn’t helped at all. Until I see something really pointing towards we can COMPETE with the top teams, my brain has finally learned a lesson.

Have been optimistic the bigger part of the last 40 years (and counting) and that for sure didn’t helped at all. Until I see something really pointing towards we can COMPETE with the top teams, my brain has finally learned a lesson.
Dude I hear ya. I get fooled every year and end up getting kicked in the teeth. This year was the worst because I was very apprehensive but Tua ended up staying healthy so I thought there was hope. But again, kicked in the teeth. Until McD gets his head out of his ass I don’t see much change. However you still have to hope and try. The philosophy on offense has to change if we’re gonna compete with the big boys.

Nobody had the injuries we had down ghe stretch

That is true but it means nothing ultimately as all anyone outside of die-hard fans will just see 2 things when thinking of this season...

1. Early playoff exit again

2. KC won SB

It's tough...we are like the late 80s/early 90s Chiefs where they were good but just would get stuck for one reason or another....they even got desperate and picked up aging Montana...aging Allen...but they were still very good...only to run into the playoffs against the 90s Miami Dolphins and kablamo...

It's definitely frustrating 😤

Last edited:
Nonsense.....half the fun of being a fan is being optimistic. Every year is a new year and you never know what can happen. If you have had that optimism for the last 40 years, it will be back next year.....and you know it.

BUT.....the true secret is understanding that being fatalist and pessimistic all the time doesn't change a thing. You can actually tell the people who are this way, it is self described as being "realistic" and wallowing in their misery is how they cope with failure. If you predict doom and gloom continuously, eventually you are going to be right, regardless of the team or situation. The odds dictate that. 32 NFL teams and 31 fail each year. The odds aren't good to begin with and 96% of teams fail to reach their goals every season.

I'm a 50+ year fan, so I get the disappointment, but we are a team on the rise.....not perfect, but showing improvement with the potential to keep growing. This is definitely not the time to lose you optimism or stop enjoying the fan experience.

Back
Top Bottom