Super Bowl Takeaways For The Dolphins? | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Super Bowl Takeaways For The Dolphins?

Dude we were pretty healthy when we got destroyed by Buffalo. We were pretty healthy when we played Philly and KC as well.

Baltimore had a rash of injuries themselves by week 17 and beat us by 5 TDs.

We didn’t win a lot of those games because we weren’t constructed properly and don’t have a lick of depth.

Ya the injuries sucked but you can’t convince yourself at any point after week 4 you thought this team was going to win the Super Bowl, let alone win a playoff game.
Agree to disagree I guess

My biggest takeaway is that we were doomed for having Bellicheat and Brady on our division and on the AFC. It was almost impossible to compete with them. Now we are doomed again because the best QB and the best coach since Brady and Bellicheat also play on the AFC. Chiefs are the new Pats and their dominance is a fact. Finalists of four of the last 5 Super Bowls winning three of them. We are dreaming of winning a single one since the early 70s and that freaking team just won three of them the last 5 years. By the way, their team is YOUNG, specially those WRs. They are cheap and they will only get better.

My biggest takeaway is that we were doomed for having Bellicheat and Brady on our division and on the AFC. It was almost impossible to compete with them. Now we are doomed again because the best QB and the best coach since Brady and Bellicheat also play on the AFC. Chiefs are the new Pats and their dominance is a fact. Finalists of four of the last 5 Super Bowls winning three of them. We are dreaming of winning a single one since the early 70s and that freaking team just won three of them the last 5 years. By the way, their team is YOUNG, specially those WRs. They are cheap and they will only get better.
Well now that you put it that way....😱

Not too many. But they came out wanting to pass the ball and KC adjusted applying a lot of pressure.

Maybe establishing the run in the 3rd quarter could have made a difference? Coming away empty following the Mahomes interception really hurt them.

Maybe KC loaded the box to shut down the run?
Hard to run on 3rd and 11.

Not sure what he's supposed to do if his WR's are locked up the whole night. KC took Deebo and Kittle completely out of the game.
Two Super Bowls in a row KC has been the underdog. The Eagles and 49ers had more talent everywhere on their roster except one place; QB. Purdy does not get a pass for being average vs a great defense when Mahomes showed why he is special with less to work with against an equivalent defense. My point in all of this is that Purdy is a game manager on the most complete roster in the NFL. Mahomes is elite; a generational talent. You swap QBs and the 49ers would have blown the Chiefs out of the water. Realistically, you swap QBs and the Chiefs don’t even make the playoffs with their comically bad WR room.

You can think that way all you want and be miserable again for the next decade. But I’d rather focus on the Fins finally getting their **** together to compete with playoff teams

I know Tyreek is playing it off on Twitter but he’s gotta be feeling a way about them still running up titles without him

He can go back if that’s how he feels.

He’s either a Dolphins and eager to help this team win or he wants to get back together with his ex.

Don’t need that crap!

Maybe KC loaded the box to shut down the run?
Hard to run on 3rd and 11.
My main issue is I think they went five or six straight plays in the 3rd quarter passing the ball. I just think that's an opportunity to really establish their running game.

I don't know if KC had eight in the box. But that's valid if they did.

Two Super Bowls in a row KC has been the underdog. The Eagles and 49ers had more talent everywhere on their roster except one place; QB. Purdy does not get a pass for being average vs a great defense when Mahomes showed why he is special with less to work with against an equivalent defense. My point in all of this is that Purdy is a game manager on the most complete roster in the NFL. Mahomes is elite; a generational talent. You swap QBs and the 49ers would have blown the Chiefs out of the water. Realistically, you swap QBs and the Chiefs don’t even make the playoffs with their comically bad WR room.
That's not true at all. Snead and McDuffie are better than any of 9ers corners out there. Andy Reid also coached circles around Shanahan again in the clutch.

Back
Top Bottom