Super Bowl Takeaways For The Dolphins? | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Super Bowl Takeaways For The Dolphins?

I have the CLEAREST perspective.

I replied to the exact same post when someone else said the same things trying to make themselves feel better.

First off, mentioning that we had the 4th hardest schedule going into the season as if that carries any weight in 2023 is laughable. We had a ridiculously easy schedule this past season.

You talk about “making the playoffs” as some impressive feat when 7 teams make it. It’s not a great accomplishment to be a wild card when you spent well more than you should’ve going all-in in 2023. Joe Flacco and Mason Rudolph made it too, that’s the group we are in.

As if we have the resources to get better at this point. We’re going to field a less talented team next year and we can’t do anything about it.

We lost games by 35, 28, 19 and 14 points this season. What are we close to?

Nauseating post dude.
Well we haven’t made it to the playoffs 2 straight years since I think the 90’s. It’s a start. We now have playoff experience. We should be able to build on that.
Yes we will lose some players but if we nail a draft pick or two, maybe we will be better. Also, we will have a full dose of Achane next year. Remember KC traded Hill, then nailed the draft and while their offense is no longer explosive, they have a great defense. The cap isn’t as bad as it looks. We can buy another year before **** hits the fan.

I said Mahomes was the best QB in the NFL. He is not some savant who willed his team to win. He was good last night, not even close to a vintage Mahomes performance. Yes they have just average WRs. But he also has one of the best TEs to ever play and had the number #1 pass blocking OL. Oh and what most people consider the best offensive coach of this generation. Despite those scrubs at WR he had multiple throws to wide open guys late in the game (thanks Reid). If it wasn't for the KC D and a great break on a ST turnover by SF, we are not even talking about Mahomes today.

Point is like I said Mahomes is the best QB but he isn't the main reason they won last night and he hasn't been most the year. It has been probably Mahomes worst year as a pro. He played much better last year and dint have great WRs then either. Just goes to so how you need more then just a QB to win. You would think Miami fans of all people would know that. We had one of the best QBs ever went to one damn SB with him.
IMHO, Mahomes is obviously a great QB, but Andy Reid and his staff are even more responsible for the Chiefs success. That entire organization is built on stability, drafting and development. And they are financially intelligent. It would be great if our Phins could take a lesson from them.

Well we haven’t made it to the playoffs 2 straight years since I think the 90’s. It’s a start. We now have playoff experience. We should be able to build on that.
Yes we will lose some players but if we nail a draft pick or two, maybe we will be better. Also, we will have a full dose of Achane next year. Remember KC traded Hill, then nailed the draft and while their offense is no longer explosive, they have a great defense. The cap isn’t as bad as it looks. We can buy another year before **** hits the fan.

Again, “making the playoffs” isn’t that impressive unless your bar is set very low. The 2021 team ended the season 8-1.

We’ve since spent a **** ton of money and draft resources to be two games better than we were in 2021 and again that’s in large part to having incredibly weak opponents.

Grier tried to take a short cut to success and it back fired.

IMHO, Mahomes is obviously a great QB, but Andy Reid and his staff are even more responsible for the Chiefs success. That entire organization is built on stability, drafting and development. And they are financially intelligent. It would be great if our Phins could take a lesson from them.

Ya, for all talk about Mahomes, if not for a gift by a nobody STer, the Chiefs likely don’t even score a TD in that game.

yes...but buying another year means at best another year like this one, and in expectation worse given we still will need to shed talent given the cap situation. then the cost of pushing things out for a year is the *** hitting the fan as you say. so is it really worth it to buy one more year of OK, at the cost of many years of ****?

yes...but buying another year means at best another year like this one,

Just one play from the #2 seed and a playoff home game ?

If next year they make that play your logic goes out the window

Get us to 9 and 3 again or better and let's see how the cookie crumbles

I think we’re close. Both SB teams were relatively healthy. We need better line play to give Tua more time. He forces it sometimes because he has 2 seconds to throw.
We once again learn that you can never count out Mahomes and Reid. They know how to win these games. Plus KC has a great defense. They won’t win it every year, but the path to the Super Bowl goes thru them

Chiefs lost two of their best players in the AFCC game in Thuney and Omenihu.

The chiefs had defensive talent like they didn't have in past years, but yes not the offensive talent, but still won. When you have a great coach like Reid and best qb with mahomes, along with great dc. You have a chance to go far in the playoffs and win a superbowl. They'll always be super bowl contenders as long as they have these guys. Patrick mahomes is not even 30 so they aren;t done yet, and assume they'll try to add more offensive talent in offseason. So be better on offense next season with the good defense they have
This - KC had the best OC,DC and QB in football That is why they are winning super bowls We have no clue what coaching on the defensive side will be next year and as of today McDaniel is still calling plays. that is NOT GOOD. And Tua is an OK QB but he is not Mahomes There you have it. Watching the SB I was in awe of how good both punters were and the ST coverage and also just how aggressive and hard tackling the defenses were - especially SF in the first half. How do we get there next year? Seems a reach in one off season.

Does watching this game make you think the Dolphins are close, or not close?
-I think both defenses tougher
-Both QBs made plays with their legs, especially Mahomes
-Mahomes used his height and size to his advantage as well
-Both QBs were disciplined game managers, were patient, and did not force things. Mahomes only mistake was a physical one, just a missed throw, but he went to an open receiver with the ball and just airmailed it. Dolphins seem to force it too much on offense sometimes. There are times when being a game manager is ok
-Reid's playcalling was really good when it mattered most

I am sure there is more people can add. I am just throwing out a few things. Oddly, I didn't think this game was clean or particularly well played, which makes you think the Dolphins could have hung with either team. On the other hand, if you rolled the Dolphins out there, something tells me this years incarnation of the team would not have made a game of it
Mahomes only mistake was his overthrow? Uhm his int thrown to the CB was intended?

And yes, if we rolled half the Dolphins defense in their wheel chairs out there we would have lost.

My takeaway is to runaway from this post.

Just one play from the #2 seed and a playoff home game ?

If next year they make that play your logic goes out the window

Get us to 9 and 3 again or better and let's see how the cookie crumbles
like i said i will be happy to be wrong, and be the first one to admit it! 3 very important words if you want to stay married. either "i was wrong" or "i am sorry" - in fact, those words work so well, i even now say them when it is not true and i dont mean it :)

So how about this

Keep most of your misgivings to yourself until they are proven or disproven.

The guys here are Dolphin fans and most want to believe they will work things out and the future is bright

It's 8 long months until we will begin to know who is right

Suffer in silence if you want or come here and spread a little positivity if not for you do it for the rest of us

Gu
We aren’t young enough. I think that might be the key to being healthy. A lot of older guys w injuries.

Guys like Armstead yes. Maybe even Howard.

But all the soft issue injuries to hunt Williams. Even Phillips at start of year. Way too much.

Then signing drafting guys like Liam E who get constantly overpowered with cause Williams and Armstead to get hurt.

I just find it weird that Dvp were always on ir report for soft tissue injuries and missed games. But he goes to New England he misses games but not one time did he have soft tissue injury on injury report last two years.

We need to overhaul strength conditioning

We need to change practice as well.
I think too much 11-11. That wears team out.

There are a lot of problems that cause our injuries

Injuries killed this team from winning a playoff game.

Back
Top Bottom